↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Lane Keep Assist
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Lane Keep Assist
This is the first car I have had with it and living in the countryside with narrower roads it is a total pain with the computer intervening trying to drive the car onto the verge because it thinks you have strayed out of a motorway lane........... way too sensitive and it intervenes even when you switch it off. I’ve had several Evoque owners reporting that they have taken their cars back to the dealer because of “intermittent and frightening inconsistencies “ in the steering. First time it intervenes gives you quite a fright, but why it has to intervene on country roads seems to be a mystery and I don’t seem to be able to disable it 100%. I’m used to the driver awareness device that was on my Evoque’s and RRS but that didn’t take over the steering, it only vibrated the steering wheel. Anyone know how to completely disable or at least how to de-sensitise it as it is becoming annoying. The iGuide isn’t a lot of help.

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #838455 20th Jun 2020 10:45am
J77

Scotland 
My Velar only has lane departure warning, though I think they all come with the assist now. My parents have a Vauxhall Grandland with it fitted and I’m not a fan of it. So hopefully can be fully disabled somehow.

EDIT - had a look on the LR owners site, you may have to disable emergency lane keep assist.

https://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/docume...c/G2422893
Post #838458 20th Jun 2020 10:55am
discomog

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
If you cannot adjust the sensitivity (and I suspect you can't) then you'll have to disengage it through Systems Setting>Vehicle>Driver Assistance>Collision Avoidance>Emergency Lane Keeping. Problem is that it will default to ON every time you switch the engine off. Defender 90XS SW
Mini Countryman Cooper S
Morgan Plus 8
Post #838482 20th Jun 2020 12:01pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
I would think that that would become unacceptably tiresome in a very short space of time.
Post #838483 20th Jun 2020 12:07pm
RDR

United Kingdom 
My D5 has Lane Assist i didn't like it steering me, I found a menu buried somewhere you can turn the physical steering and haptic feedback off. I would keep looking in the menus. 110 MY23.5 X Dynamic HSE
RR MY23 HSE PHEV
D5 MY19 HSE - Now Sold
D4 MY16 HSE Luxury - Now Sold
D4 MY12 HSE - Gone
D3 MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten
Post #838486 20th Jun 2020 12:27pm
RDR

United Kingdom 
Also Overspeed warning, i thought there was something wrong with the car when i first got it with a horrid vibe through the steering at speed, it was the overspeed haptic feedback, Soon turned that off too! 110 MY23.5 X Dynamic HSE
RR MY23 HSE PHEV
D5 MY19 HSE - Now Sold
D4 MY16 HSE Luxury - Now Sold
D4 MY12 HSE - Gone
D3 MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten
Post #838488 20th Jun 2020 12:29pm
AndrewS

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 SW Rimini Red
All of the above is simple to turn on and off in the D5. My D5 tells me off for not holding the steering wheel Rolling Eyes 130's have feeling's as well you know Smile
Post #838496 20th Jun 2020 12:57pm
Pacha

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
blackwolf wrote:
I would think that that would become unacceptably tiresome in a very short space of time.

Yep. Snigger Rgds.

Chris
Post #838522 20th Jun 2020 3:55pm
Stacey007

United Kingdom 
I have similar fun in my wifes Mini with radar speed sensing cruise control...

Driving down nice A road and a car is parked up say... you move out to overtake but the sensors 'sense' a park car and wack on the brakes.....

Makes you wonder how this would work on a tesla... in autodrive mode.

Also the system that monitors speed on the head up display, its not 'that' quick at slowing down.... certainly not if you have PC plod pointing a radar gun at you...

Luckily neither my cars have such tech you have to drive it and look around Rolling with laughter
Post #838557 20th Jun 2020 7:07pm
Tim in Scotland

I had a similar problem with AEB on my 2018MY Mini Countryman occassionally, suddenly the car thought you were about to hit someone and warning icons came on on the dash but it never actually braked the car, I didn’t have the adaptive cruise control, this was the AEB system. I remember when one of the recent Jaguar models came out the AEB wasn’t just slowing the car down, it was triggering the bonnet airbag............ I’ve heard similar happening to Early Discvoery Sports too. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #838586 20th Jun 2020 9:00pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
All of this ‘nanny’ stuff is what makes me not want a modern car......

I find it mildly offensive/amusing that manufacturers think their customer base can’t drive.
Post #838608 20th Jun 2020 10:09pm
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
My feelings exactly Greeni Thumbs Up

Had a few hire car with this rubbish on and it drove me up the wall until I could find a way of getting rid of it.

I used to get quite a few hire cars and the amount of them where the tyre pressure was supposedly low and showing a warning light was unreal. My wife Insignia (company car) has a similar problem. I believe it is expensive on some cars to rectify.
Post #838613 20th Jun 2020 10:34pm
Clemmo

England 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
GREENI wrote:
All of this ‘nanny’ stuff is what makes me not want a modern car......

I find it mildly offensive/amusing that manufacturers think their customer base can’t drive.

Completely agree..technology for the sake of it Big Cry

I want to drive my car how I want and not have it making basic decisions on my behalf...

Clemmo Make today a little better than yesterday but not so good as tomorrow....
Defender 90 HT............Pangea Green
BMW X3 Msport............Carbon Black
Mini Electric................Grey. (wow!)
MGB Roadster……..........Vermillion
Honda Benly CD200....Maroon ------------- Chausson 98.........7.5m of fun
Post #838619 20th Jun 2020 10:44pm
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
It's the stuff of bloomin' nightmares. Thankfully there will be aftermarket boffins that will rearrange the ones and noughts and put that stuff in the trash. WARNING.
This post may contain sarcasm.
Post #838693 21st Jun 2020 10:05am
Tim in Scotland

I’ve found the “Collision Avoidance” menu in the centre touch screen and switched off the Emergency Lane Keep Assistance so let’s see if that kills it completely. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #838699 21st Jun 2020 10:39am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>