Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
pme

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Tonga Green
p121c fuel/injector circuit open #9-N299
Hi
I have wandered through the forum and searched but to no avail
2007 2.4 tdci 110000km , had it since late 2015 been generally ok, about three weeks ago I went shopping during lockdown to my usual place, about 25km down the valley. Filled (i have bought virtually all my fuel from the same place, in rural france supermarkets are the only game in town) up, shopped and set off back home, about four times it hesitated for a second or two so but then ran absolutely fine.
When i got back pondered what to do and changed the fuel filter along the lines described on this forum. Tipped the old filter out, nothing settled out in the jar.
Censored would'nt start. Primed with a bulb pump, checked what was coming through, looks clean, no water, got it running, highish Idle but it would not run cleanly above about 1650rpm, missfiring!, would not idle.
Fault code as per the subject
Also checked with locals to see if anyone else had a problem, but no. Supermarket manager said he had no reports either (suppose he would)
Help to fix this would be gratefully received.
I am pretty much at the arse end of knowhere plus 5km, Reasonably competent with tools but limited in terms of getting parts quickly.
rgds
chris
Post #833710 27th May 2020 3:28pm
pme

Part Two p121c fuel/injector circuit open #9-N299
So, its been sat in the sun for four hours, hadanother priming session, took pump out, cleared dtc, cranked and cranked, eventually caught, sat at about 1750 rpm, as any more caused the "misfire", Gradually increased the revs and monitored fuel rail pressure.
Now it ticks over ok, but hesitates through 2 to 3k rpm but runs smoothly at just over 3k with pedal down, wont go higher (but they maybe the engine management limit when staionaary?)
Rail pressure Mpa rpm
22-24 idle 850
72-75 2250
92-95 3100

No recurrence of dtc

Do those pressure look right and any idea about hesitation between 2k and 3k, not driven yet because its very up and down here with narrow roads and no places to park if it packs up
rgds
chris
Post #833827 28th May 2020 8:45am
pme

part 3 p121c fuel/injector circuit open #9-N299
finally fitted a new denso vcv, seems worse, cranks and cranks without a hint if catching, no dtc's control module is communicating
when priming with the bulb pump there always seems to be a bubble in the engine side of the bulb where is arches up however hard i pump, does that sound right?

now a bit lost for next action, anyone have a suggestion or two?
thanks
Post #836100 9th Jun 2020 10:26am
pme

new vcv fitted
Checked all fuses, nothing faulty, Out of curiosity I disconnrected the tank return pipe at the four way connector, thought maybe i could use the prime pump there but the connectors are smaller.

Tried to start and it started immediateley and ticks over fine, pulls wel (maybe my imagination but better than before)l to 3000 ish rpm, then has a bit of a "missfire"

Anyone had anything similar, is this a sign of a lack of a relearn?

thanks for any suggestions
Post #837590 16th Jun 2020 5:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1