↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Lawn Mower (no sheep or goats)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Harry.O

United Kingdom 1989 Defender 90 300 Tdi ST Nato Green
Slideywindows wrote:

(I just wish it didn't cut out every time I lift my bum off the seat!)

If it is anything like our old John Deere (which I didn't rate as the plastic tubes to the collection bins always clogged) you can close the kill switch with a cable tie, it is just a spring loaded switch like those used on car doors to activate interior lights. 2005 Td5 110 Hardtop
1989 300Tdi 90 Soft top
1992 200Tdi 90 Truck cab with Land Cruiser axles
Post #831183 15th May 2020 9:35am
Romadog

One day you might wish zip ties weren't invented Whistle
Post #831208 15th May 2020 12:17pm
Tim in Scotland

Harry.O wrote:
If it is anything like our old John Deere (which I didn't rate as the plastic tubes to the collection bins always clogged) you can close the kill switch with a cable tie, it is just a spring loaded switch like those used on car doors to activate interior lights.

Why on earth would someone recommend bypassing a SAFETY device? No matter how inconvenient it might be a safety device is there to protect the user from an accident. During my working life I have found two people with cardiac arrest who were also badly injured in other ways because they were not connected to a treadmill’s kill cord. The end result wasn’t nice when you are on a ship 100’s of miles from medical help, generated a mountain of paperwork and left families without their main income earner and much reduced compensation because the equipment had not been used in accordance with the manufacturers instructions. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #831210 15th May 2020 12:53pm
jst

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
^^^ yep but thats their shout and common sense. if they wish to bypass it they can and use it accordingly. Cheers

James
110 XS Utility
130 Puma Station wagon/camper (in the making)
90 Puma Hardtop
Post #831240 15th May 2020 3:17pm
MR_JAMES

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
I sell cub cadets and stihl ride on mowers at work. They are lawn tractors, designed for lawns - nothing else. Sometimes customers purchase them for their paddocks or fields and they get hammered to bits in no time at all, deck wheels ripped off, belts breaking, dented decks etc. They are only designed for flat lawns so be careful what your looking at.
westwood have lots of sweeper issues.
stihl is quite complicated, flimsy and always in the workshop
cub cadet is mostly alright save for electrical switch on box issues. 1953 80"
1987 mini city e
2011 90"
Post #831390 16th May 2020 1:30pm
notxal

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Aintree Green
I've just replaced a 15 yearly John Deere LT170 with mulching deck. The tractor was still in first-class condition but the deck had finally rotted away around the support brackets. There were no replacement decks. Based on this longevity I replaced with another John Deere and hopefully it will last as long!

Sold the LT170 without the deck for £500 and could have sold it for more based on the number of responses I received.
Post #831395 16th May 2020 2:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12