↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Td5 > 10as Alarm
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Sicastle71

England 1999 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Alaska White
10as Alarm
Bought a nanocomm on the group buy with the hope of restoring the alarm functionality on a 1999 td5 a few questions if anybody can help please pm only thanks
Inputs
First page all high, 2nd page high factory mode clear td5 learnt no

Tried the td5 learning on the td5 engine page no success
Spider all open
Plip learn successful

Plip immobilise enabled passive immobilise enabled immobiliser mems-td5

Question is how do I wake alarm up as fob doesn’t do anything
How is the vehicle starting and not immobilising as everything seem switched on in nanocomm and immobiliser seems to be functioning on a test
Tia
Si
Post #821762 28th Mar 2020 9:36am
achuakh

Singapore 2002 Defender 90 Td5 SW Oslo Blue
Have a look at all these settings.
I've not put out every setting and obviously those code number below are all fake.

I went from farmer spce to full alarm spec on my own, so it's possible to flip any 10AS to do CDL.

You can also go here
https://www.nanocom-diagnostics.com/upload...0Guide.pdf

TIME ERROR: NONE
COMMS: SMART
INTERIOR LIGHT: SMART
WELCOME LIGHT: ENABLED
ARM DISARM FLASH: HAZARD (if you want to flash the lights or not)
ARM DISARM CONFIRM: HAZARD
ARM ON LOCK: ENABLED (you can trigger CDL without setting the alarm, not sure why you will do that)
RESYNC ON ARM: DISABLED
RELOCK: ENABLED (if you don't open the door 1min after plip disarm it will relock)
MISLOCK: NOTED
MISLOCK NOISE: ENABLED (sound 2 beeps if one door is not closed due to unlocking of CDL)
RESYNC ON LOCK: ENABLED
PLIP IMMOBILZE: ENABLED
PLIP RELOCK: ENABLED
KEY MOBILIZE: DISABLED
PASSIVE IMMOBIL.: ENABLED (stop engine, open door, 1 min count to immob starts)
KEY DISARM: DISABLED (if you have the LR 4pin CDL master motor, it can send the unlock signal)
C.D.L. WHEN ARM: ACTIVE (activates the CDL driver assuming you have the relay in the 10AS)
FLASH ON ALLARM: HAZARD (flash the lights)
ALLARM SOUND: PULSED (depending on your country laws this is either pulsed or continuous)
TIME SYNC.: USED
LOW BATTERY ERROR: ENABLED
BATTERY ERROR: USE COUNT
TAMPER WARN: YES
CAT. OVERHEAT: DISABLED (if enabled, you must have the CAT sensor (not fitted on the Td5) the red led will flash)
MEMS FAILURE INDIC.: DISABLED
VEHICLE: DEFENDER
IMMOBILIZER: MEMS-TD5
TD5-MEMS code: 12345 (your ECU immob code)
EKA code: 1234 (the emergency unlock code) done by the driver door open/close and turning of the key
Volumetric sens. gain: 028 (sensitivity of the volumetric sensor)
Plip for low battery: 010 (low fob battery error count before it triggers the no hazard lamp flash when unlocking)
Plip 1: 111 111 111 111 (the code number for the first fob)
Plip 2: 222 222 222 222
Plip 3: 333 333 333 333
Plip 4: 000 000 000 000
Plip learnt: 003 (you can program up to 4 fobs) From the land of the most expensive land rover defenders on planet earth. At �125k for a XS 110 csw and you get to own it only for 10yrs! Please find me a good reason to stay on this island.
Post #821782 28th Mar 2020 12:21pm
Sicastle71

Thanks will try that and report back
Checked almost the same as yours on the settings don’t understand why she starts and runs though unless the immobiliser has beeen bypassed the key fob is programmed but does nothing to the vehicle’s alarm even though diagnostics suggest all is well
Post #821783 28th Mar 2020 12:28pm
Sicastle71

Just had a look round the vehicle today and both the bonnet pin and drivers door pin are fubared and need replacing if these are open ie not working would this prevent the alarm from arming ??
Post #822288 30th Mar 2020 3:39pm
isacs

United Kingdom 
Have you gone into the country of origin and set it up as uk? I did this thinking I was being clever and it activated the alarm and immobiliser much to my horror as it had been deleted before I brought it. I did however manage to delete it again deactivating it all.
Post #822296 30th Mar 2020 4:14pm
Sicastle71

Ok hadn’t even thought of that will give it a go and see if it awakes all the neighbours Laughing
Post #822333 30th Mar 2020 5:56pm
MadTom

Czech Republic 1999 Defender 130 Td5 HCPU Baltic Blue
Setting country is way how the T4 testbooks works. Nanocom can switch all setting individually. Do it this way, it is much "safer". And look into Nanocom manuals, there is some description of all of these settings. "Drobek" = The Small One - Discovery 2, "Blufínek" = The Blue Thing - Defender 130, and for me at least Ford Mondeo Smile
Post #822456 31st Mar 2020 8:31am
Sicastle71

Looked at the setting in the nanacomm page but I don’t understand why the td5 learnt is no even though I go into the td5 engine settings and perform the learn cycle I am not sure how the vehicle is being started I can immobilise on the nanocomm but not with the key fob I am sure I am missing something simple when I bought the lands I had the key fob which looks original and successfully programmed the fob to the car ?? Just frustrating as I would like the alarm to be in operation I will check again this afternoon thanks for all the help
Post #822460 31st Mar 2020 8:48am
MadTom

Czech Republic 1999 Defender 130 Td5 HCPU Baltic Blue
TD5 (Defender or Disco2) have 2 immobiliser systems. Engine ECU is the first on - when immobilised, it will not fire the injectors, so no fuel. 10AS in Def or BCU in Disco2 is the second one. When immobilised it prevents the starter from work, and it also do all the alarm work.
To check the first, just look into engine settings. It is so simple, that you can sent more than one engine ECU to work in one car, and than just replace them, in case of a trouble. But you cannot do this with 10AS or BCU, as this is paired with fobs/keys, and it is there to protect the car from theft.
It is also possible to modify the engine ECU to work without 10AS = remove the IMO function. "Drobek" = The Small One - Discovery 2, "Blufínek" = The Blue Thing - Defender 130, and for me at least Ford Mondeo Smile
Post #822462 31st Mar 2020 8:56am
Sicastle71

Played again with the nanacomm and the immobilise set works and the fob switches it off I just can’t see how I get it to work as an alarm the fob just does not set anything when the key is removed fob is programmed to 10as gone the td5 learn but still nanacomm reports no code I can see the code on the nanocomm reset everything I feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall Big Cry
Post #822519 31st Mar 2020 3:28pm
Finners2406

United Kingdom 
Did you ever sort this as im having the same problem and it’s driving me insane
Post #1027046 6th Mar 2024 9:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1