↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics > Electrial guidance/advice needed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ARC99

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Cairns Blue
Electrial guidance/advice needed
With all the under seat box tidy up photo's and the impending fitting of a reverse camera and a warning bleeper I'm looking for some guidance/advice.

At the moment I have, under the drivers seat, a feed from the 12v socket/cigar lighter which runs to a 6 point fuse block to run a dash camera.

With the other bit needing an ignition ON feed I am not wanting to overload the 12v socket fuse and haver an unexpected Guy Fawkes celebration.

Will one of these https://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/make-and-br...-fuse.html suffice as a relay for what I need with a lower rated fuse and what is the difference between an A and B type relay? Don't make old people mad.
We don't like being old in the first place,
so it doesn't take much to Censored us off.

Richard
Post #812323 28th Jan 2020 4:41pm
DuncanS

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
The best thing to do is get yourself a twin input fuse box for futureproofing. One such as this: LINK HERE would be perfect. (Although various other suppliers like Durite, HC Cargo and Dun Bri supply them)

I would then use a HD relay such as THIS ONE coupled with a permanent feed from the battery, to provide a larger current available on an on-with-ignition side.

The other side of the fuse box will give you 6 ways of permanent power for any other accessories you may want.

EDIT: To answer your other question, the difference in A and B type is purely a pinout difference with reference to the layout of the base. N.B not everyone uses bases for their relays. Usually people will either use the metal tab at the top, and put crimp sockets straight on the bottom, or they will use a plastic base. North Cumbria Search and Rescue - Team Leader
Post #812330 28th Jan 2020 5:33pm
ARC99

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Cairns Blue
The best thing to do is get yourself a twin input fuse box for futureproofing. One such as this: LINK HERE would be perfect. (Although various other suppliers like Durite, HC Cargo and Dun Bri supply them)

I have a similar fuse box with 6 outlets only one is used up to now as I don't intend to fit anything else other than the reversing aids.

The total amps should not be more than 15 amp in total.

I intend to put up the permeant live from under the driver seat. Don't make old people mad.
We don't like being old in the first place,
so it doesn't take much to Censored us off.

Richard
Post #812445 29th Jan 2020 11:00am
boxoftricks

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Zermatt Silver
Have a look at my old thread on this:

https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic70342.html

I put an additional fusebox under the drivers seat and with the help I had from here was really easy Thumbs Up
Post #812478 29th Jan 2020 2:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1