Home > Off Topic > ms outlook
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
ms outlook
first off - HAPPY NEW YEAR

and I thought I was doing the right thing by moving from BB to android Crying or Very sad

so I use MS outlook on the laptop for my email and calendar and naturally I want my phone calendar to be synchronised with my MS outlook.

this wasn't a problem up until just before Christmas when I simply plugged my BB into my laptop and everything synched. I assumed it would be the same once I bought the android phone only it would appear I need to buy some 3rd party software to do this?

can anyone out there that perhaps doesn't have an iPhone can advise best way forward please?

many thanks[/size][/color]
Post #808479 2nd Jan 2020 4:59pm
Bluest

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
Happy New Year to you too!

Firstly, I should make it clear that I am not an IT expert Mr. Green

I have Outlook on my work laptop and the free Outlook app on my Android phone. I'm signed into both with my Office 365 log in and it all syncs perfectly. I have to use the calendar in Outlook on both devices, not the Google calendar app on the phone, but it all works well. 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #808482 2nd Jan 2020 5:16pm
Caterham

Aha. fantastic. that sounds like the solution. I didn't give it a though using outlook app. Thumbs Up

...only I guess that means I'm going to have to fork out for office 365 rather than the old one I have Sad

Thumbs Up
Post #808483 2nd Jan 2020 5:22pm
Bluest

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
No idea on what it costs for a personal user as work provide my log in. 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #808484 2nd Jan 2020 5:25pm
Caterham

hmmm.

decision, decisions. I've got office 2013 and it would appear for mobile integration I need to be running a more recent version of office unless anyone can provide a better / cheaper option?

Confused
Post #808488 2nd Jan 2020 5:59pm
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
This is one of the few drawbacks with Android, unfortunately. I still use a BB but it's Android based and so suffers the same. The solution that I've used for the last few years is a piece of software called AkrutoSync, which essentially provides an interface between Android and Outlook. It's not perfect but covers the basics. Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #808495 2nd Jan 2020 7:06pm
RoadForce

Netherlands 2000 Defender 130 Td5 HCPU Coniston Green
Why not go "full google" and migrate to gmail etc? It would require migrating/uploading all your appointments to google's cloud, and then change your Outlook to connect to google. Or simply ditch Outlook altogether and use the web interface, so simply from your browser. Works for me (and many others), but perhaps you have special needs (no pun intended...)? Defender 130 HCPU Td5 MY2000
Post #808499 2nd Jan 2020 7:19pm
Caterham

it's probably reasonable to assume I have special needs Mr. Green

up till the end of last year I had a BB which with the BB software synched just fine with outlook.

I have no intention of moving away from outlook so at this stage I appear to have 2 options;

Akrusynch or

update my MS office to latest version and get the MS office app

?
Post #808505 2nd Jan 2020 7:41pm
excossack

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 110 Td5 SW Caledonian Blue
Depending on who you work for, there might be the Microsoft Home option. In work we can buy Office, for a good price. I have a feeling it was around £19. 1999 Defender TD5 110

Regards
John M0VAZ
Econet Station 48 no clock
Post #808516 2nd Jan 2020 8:32pm
Caterham

/\ I work for myself.

I've looked at the office suite and there appears to be a one purchase price of £250 or £10 per month. I don't like the option of monthly schemes so it appears to be £250.

I can't recall why but I seem to recall the home option wasn't suitable and it's the business one that I should be going for?
Post #808531 2nd Jan 2020 9:16pm
VVS210

United Kingdom 
The firm I worked for provide us with iPhones & originally the calendar was synced to my outlook calendar, contacts & e-mails ditto. However some bright spark decided we should all use the outlook app when we all migrated to office 365. IMO the outlook app is pants compared to the iPhone individual apps - I hate it! Despite having people in my outlook contacts I get calls from numbers which should identify them as the caller but don't, I get e-mails that 'stack' by theme meaning I get a single stack despite the fact I may be having different comms with different parts of the project team about totally different issues & it takes forever to find what I want if I don't have access to my laptop. I don't want to get into the iPhone vs Android argument, but I do think using the outlook app is a step backwards. Just my opinion of course.
Post #808548 2nd Jan 2020 10:18pm
Caterham

/\ I think we're on the same wave length.

I previously used the BB software which the previous BB passport phone worked a treat. I naively thought the new BB would work in a similar fashion with the added benefit of being fully android compatible but alias no Sad

so bottom line is I have an android (Blackberry) which I intend keeping and I use MS Outlook on the lap top which I intend keeping but need to synch the diaries.

I have no issues with the emails but need to sort the calendar Question
Post #808551 2nd Jan 2020 10:47pm
Caterham

AAARRRGGGHHHH !!

damn it!! pc did a windows up date - great. and now I can't get one (business one) of my emails accounts to work.

the email account works on my phone and tablet but the pc.
it will however work on the pc if I disconnect from the home router and reconnect via the mobile hotspot Confused

any thoughts - other than just using the mobile hotspot - because that isn't practical as while disconnected from router I'm also disconnected from my server?

any pointers would be most welcome.
Post #844914 20th Jul 2020 7:42pm
excossack

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 110 Td5 SW Caledonian Blue
whats the error? 1999 Defender TD5 110

Regards
John M0VAZ
Econet Station 48 no clock
Post #844916 20th Jul 2020 7:45pm
Caterham

Laughing yeah that would help.

it just won't connect. I've actually removed the account from outlook hoping I could re-install / add a new account but it's just not connecting to server.
I've tried to connect to the webmail via the internet and again it won't connect on the pc / laptop - ok on tablet though so I'm guessing it's something to do with windows / firewall but I'm stumped?

I assume it's not down to the router as my tablet works off that wi-fi and tablet is fine with both the webmail and ms outlook on the tablet so I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the windows update on the laptop?

my first trial would have been to reduce the slidey thing for security to less security but I'm not sure that now exists after the update? - if it does I'm not sure where to find it?
Post #844917 20th Jul 2020 8:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>