↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > 2.2 fuel filter change procedure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
HardCharger

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
Somewhat related to this, does anyone know how the in tank pump is operated and what tells it to run so many second per cycle? It's not found in the ECU as we've checked.

I'm considering on changing to a 2.2 fuel pick up and pump assembly over the non-pump 2.4 fuel pick up assembly.

Thanks.
Post #816091 20th Feb 2020 1:44am
Island Rover

United States 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Galway Green
I had a problem after installing the Gwyn Lewis fuel filter relocation kit on my 2008 Defender 110. Apparently, I was not careful enough while stretching the fuel lines the inch or two required and broke one of the nipples off of the fuel filter mount. Then, I wasn't careful enough when I was replacing the fuel filter mount and damaged the fuel line connectors.

So, I have just had to replace the fuel lines from the tank to the filter, the filter holder and fuel lines from the filter to the fuel cooler. The lesson here? BE CAREFUL!!!

Problem now is that I have to really bleed the fuel system and being a 2.4 Puma, has no fuel tank pump. Yesterday I made my own fuel bleeder using the fuel line for an outboard engine (rubber hose with pressure bulb and one way valve) I attached it to the supply nipple on the engine side of the fuel filter and pulled fuel into the filter, then attached it to the low pressure pump supply hose using one of the connectors from the old fuel line. I was able to pull fuel up that far, but when I reconnected the fuel line, the engine still won't start... Going back to the shop again today to try again. Wondering if anyone has any ideas on what I might be doing wrong or any other ideas for me to get it bleed and started?

Thanks!
Post #821795 28th Mar 2020 2:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12