↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Has anyone ordered one?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 18 of 30 <123 ... 171819 ... 282930>
Print this entire topic · 
Ads90

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Keswick Green
All good points, but there are ratios of rugged vs. comfort which suit different tastes.
My idea of comfort would probably be catered for with fairly minor improvements over the old one, but I accept I don't represent the majority.
Case in point - I'm guessing your Jeep buddy is now more interested in the Bronco than the new Defender?
Post #845261 22nd Jul 2020 3:30pm
Angus_Beef

Norway 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Corris Grey
While at the dealer today to have the windsheild surround repaired for corrosion, I got to look at a few 110s.

My biggest surprise - the new Defender is HUGE. it is also really low to the ground. All the ones i saw had pure street tires, looks like something that would be on an audi.

The other thing is... I like it.. I was not wanting to like it. It strikes me as a fun, younger Range Rover.
I've been playing with the confiigurator and I am liking the idea of a 90 on coil springs with steelies. Seems to make for a very practical, comfortable everyday car, letting me preserve my real Defender... Roaming around 🇳🇴🇨🇭
Post #845274 22nd Jul 2020 4:11pm
WCDAVE

United States 
Ads90 wrote:

Case in point - I'm guessing your Jeep buddy is now more interested in the Bronco than the new Defender?

We both like the idea of the Bronco, but removable roofs are not all they are cracked up to be. I used to just leave my Jeep with the Bikini top on with the half doors all summer. That was fun, but invariably we'd return to the car after a dinner out to find it raining and a wet trip home would ensue. I also had a winch to lift off the HT and keep it stored suspended, but removing and re-attaching it was not a daily or weekly task. Same goes for the doors. The Bronco has addressed some of the issues, but it's still going to be a chore.

If there was a fixed HT Bronco version with a suitable headliner for sound damping then maybe, but the Bronco is a Jeep competitor. Kids who want to go to the beach or Lake Havasu will have fun with the open-air Bronco like they do with their Jeeps now. If you are embarking on a long range overland trip that will entail 95% asphalt miles towing a trailer, a Defender is a dream solution. You can turn down a forest service road or well known 4x4 trail and get to where you're going like you are in a Jeep (or Bronco), but the long miles home will be so so much easier. You can make the case that most of the other Range Rover line would meet that criteria, but the new Defender is just more appealing as an adventure vehicle.
Post #845322 22nd Jul 2020 7:03pm
WCDAVE

United States 

Click image to enlarge

This is my old Jeep. Fun on the trail and to look at, but not so much on the highway. I miss not being able to turn down certain roads and the utility, hopefully a Defender 90 order spot with a reasonable delivery date will open up.
Post #845327 22nd Jul 2020 7:26pm
Kevantlin

United Kingdom 
Been a lurker here for a long time and had my heart set on a 2016 110 defender. However I wanted a mint one and prices of £45-£50k were not uncommon.

I was one of the nay sayers when it came to the new defender - heritage blah blah, not a real defender blah blah, until I saw one on he flesh.

I then went to the dealer and test drove it, for not a huge amount more than I was going to pay for a 4 year old vehicle with 10k miles on the clock I could have a brand new one with 3 years warranty.

On the test drive I was blown away, to me it has a soul, hard to explain but it just does. It feels like a defender.

Ordered mine yesterday 👍🏻
Post #845838 25th Jul 2020 6:51am
AndrewS

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 SW Rimini Red
DeeEss wrote:
it is also really low to the ground.

They would be sat in 'access' height on the air suspension.
When lifted to 'off road' height they are as tall as an old defender with a 2" lift.

Click image to enlarge
 130's have feeling's as well you know Smile
Post #845856 25th Jul 2020 9:01am
Smilesapart

United Kingdom 
Kevantlin wrote:
Been a lurker here for a long time and had my heart set on a 2016 110 defender. However I wanted a mint one and prices of £45-£50k were not uncommon.

I was one of the nay sayers when it came to the new defender - heritage blah blah, not a real defender blah blah, until I saw one on he flesh.

I then went to the dealer and test drove it, for not a huge amount more than I was going to pay for a 4 year old vehicle with 10k miles on the clock I could have a brand new one with 3 years warranty.

On the test drive I was blown away, to me it has a soul, hard to explain but it just does. It feels like a defender.

Ordered mine yesterday 👍🏻

Brilliant!! What spec?
Post #846685 28th Jul 2020 4:41pm
Kevantlin

United Kingdom 
D240 se
Silver
Ladder
Roof rack
Off road pack
Winch (to still be species by dealer)
Post #846776 28th Jul 2020 11:27pm
zilch

Australia 
Defender demo’s are now arriving at the dealers in Australia, a few seem around Sydney,
NSW central coast and Queensland Gold Coast, launch should be in the next week or so.

A few Kiwi’s have taken delivery of their vehicles, they had their launch last week yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #846779 29th Jul 2020 2:48am
Smilesapart

United Kingdom 
Kevantlin wrote:
D240 se
Silver
Ladder
Roof rack
Off road pack
Winch (to still be species by dealer)

Great spec. I love it’s looks with the roof rack but I have no need for one so think from a wind noise and economy point of view it was best not to have it
Post #846967 30th Jul 2020 8:29am
Tim in Scotland

I had the roof rails and cross bars fitted last week, the only noise from the crossbars is when the sunroof is tilted open With the rear edge just below the front bar, when it’s fully open there is only slightly more rustle - MrEleven has the full rack and has done a couple of long drives at speed and will be able to comment about the Expedition rack’s noise. It does have substantial aero mouldings all round the edges I think to reduce wind noise and improve efficiency Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #846982 30th Jul 2020 9:21am
GREENI

United Kingdom 
I wish I could have one and loving that this forum is becoming a base for you '20 owners, enjoying reading about them.
Post #846986 30th Jul 2020 9:37am
MrEleven

Scotland 
The roof rack obviously does give some nose a would say above 70mph but then your window down at that speed also gives a fair bit of noise. I did have mine down on the motorway and just had some music on, its not something that bothers me.
Post #846987 30th Jul 2020 9:37am
Smilesapart

United Kingdom 
GREENI wrote:
I wish I could have one and loving that this forum is becoming a base for you '20 owners, enjoying reading about them.

Thank you that’s really kind of you to say. I’m delighted that we are able to share this forum and of course there are plenty lucky enough to have both the original Defender and a new one. Sadly for me, a new one was financially impossible without selling the original first. But I’d have had no space or use for the original once the new one arrived anyway. Sold the Puma Defender and bought a brand new Pangea Green 2020 Defender D240 S with a few factory extras!
Post #847009 30th Jul 2020 10:55am
J77

Scotland 
I’ve been knocking up another few million configurations on the configurator, which by the time I can order a 90 it may be the 21MY specs and I’ll have to start over again.

As it stands, I’ve settled on -

90 Base D240
Tasman Blue
White roof
Privacy glass
Centre console
White interior crossbeam
Cold pack
Classic mud flaps
Side steps.
Post #847032 30th Jul 2020 1:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top