↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > MAF and MAP Sensor replacement.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 6 <123456
Print this entire topic · 
custom90

United Kingdom 
Which engine is it for the 2.2 or 2.4?

So long as the Bosch part number on the MAP matches it’ll be fine to use.
The MAP Sensor is readily available online.

The MAF is a bit more tricky, there is the LR part or Ford Part, the latter is much cheaper but again part numbers should match for one or the other.
The Ford parts are more tricky to buy online but you should be able to source with the part number.

On mine I have a Bosch MAP Sensor and Ford MAF, these top parts are a significant sum less that LR parts and yet are the same equal quality. The MAP is a Bosch part anyway, from the Factory it has Bosch and LR Part numbers printed upon it Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #964163 6th Sep 2022 3:47pm
Polarismd

United Kingdom 
Polarismd wrote:
Hi,

For £70 I will give it a go and give feedback? Or do you advise otherwise.

For the Bosch part I was quoted £245 from LR.

Chris

Both parts supplied by AUTODOC work and have done for a week of heavy driving. They arrived a day after ordering. No errors reported in the log.
Post #965485 20th Sep 2022 8:46am
MatLandy

France 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Zermatt Silver
The below applies to the 2.4 engine

MAP : this has been already clarified being a Bosch sensor as factory fit, with Bosch PN either 0261230131, 0261230132 in early production years and 0261230225, 0261230224 in later years.

MAF : this is more tricky and there is no reference in this thread of the original supplier to LR/Ford. Well, not wanting to fork out the horrendous price LR is asking for this item, having no easy access to Ford parts, avoiding dodgy OEM ones, I started searching for an alternative ... On the original MAF that my Landy left the factory with, there are two PNs, the recognizable Ford PN 6C11-12B-579-AA, as well as AFH70M-54. The latest is a typical Hitachi type of PN, you can google "Hitachi AFH" and you will quickly get convinced that all their MAF PN start with AFHXXX. So I'm happy with Hitachi being the original supplier to Ford/LR for the MAF part. Ordered online on Autodoc website, arrived surprisingly quickly. When comparing both the Hitachi and factory fit side by side, I am totally convinced that Hitachi is the original supplier to Ford/LR for the MAF sensor.

/Mat

Click image to enlarge
Post #989204 17th Apr 2023 11:11am
BrunoJ

Norway 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
Could someone confirm how the MAF part should looks like for 2.2?

Looks like I have to replace it (works, but parameters are out of range, in accordance to LR service).
I found out I have currently already replaced one, Delphi AF10255. While when I search for LR019830, it propose me AF10432. Event visually they are different - my current one has 'square' corners on far end, while from LR diagrams, as well as some pictures of original part looks like one of the corner should be rounded.
I checked in local Norwegian online shops (rather "Norwegian" as one of them is autodoc...), and it looks to me that LR part nr is listed into most of them. At the same time, in one of Polish shop I found info the Delphi one I have currently fits to 2.2 only if chassis is lower than BA99xxxx (I have CA42xxx).
Here is a link into UK page, for reference only, as they show various of available replacements (any recommended brands in addition to the obvious ones like Bosch or Pierburg?)
https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/oem/lr019830
On this page I see the Delphi one is a different model I have currently installed - number and cove shape.
Post #1030748 6th Apr 2024 6:30pm
Ianh

United Kingdom 
I can confirm that the MAF for the 2.2 does NOT have a square end, one side is curved on the 2.2.

I can also confirm that having the 2.4 MAF in your 2.2 WILL cause issues , just like the ones you have been experiencing.

Some vendors sell the same MAF and state its for both 2.4 and 2.2. This is incorrect, they are different.

There is another topic on here where another member had an issue with a 2.4 MAF fitted to their 2.2, I can’t find it at present but will add a link if I find it.
Post #1030778 6th Apr 2024 10:06pm
BrunoJ

Norway 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
Thanks a lot for clarification. I'll replace it with rounded one.
Post #1030780 6th Apr 2024 10:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 6 <123456