Hunt saboteurs' car 'rammed' by 4x4
Not a Land Rover but hardly paints 4x4 owners in a good light

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-n...nghamshire 2010 XS USW
1957 Series One 88 diesel
1958 Series One 88 4x2
Post #764364 19th Mar 2019 9:23pm
mick

England 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Rimini Red
You’ve got to wonder why the hunt sabs will travel over 40 miles to give folk a load of hassle in the 1 st place
Post #764392 19th Mar 2019 10:56pm
RichLech

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
I've seen sabs in action at hunting and shooting events. Clad in balaclavas, shouting foul mouthed abuse in the face of people (usually the ladies). This is not from a distance - they push their faces to within inches of their victim. They are usually videoing the confrontation, hoping to provoke a reaction. Looks like they got their reaction in this instance although I wouldn't put it past them to stage it.

I am not in favour of fox hunting but the action of sabs I have seen could turn me into a supporter of legal hunting.
Post #764430 20th Mar 2019 9:43am
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
maybe the sabs should visit the halal meet outlets where they don't bother to stun the cattle first?

and before someone asks where that came from / where the connection is.....

to my mind both are cruel.

only one has been going on here for hundreds of years and the other is a new idea here which I personally disapprove of.
the sabs should direct their actions in a more useful direction.

a bit like murderers. rather than going round killing innocent people perhaps they should target only those that don't benefit society Very Happy
Post #764431 20th Mar 2019 9:53am
ARC99

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Cairns Blue
About 4 years ago I was targeted by a gang of saboteurs in four vehicles. I had been out in a remote part of North Yorkshire in a 90 taking photo's of a heritage railway and driving out of a valley when I was blocked in by four vehicles containing both male and females some of whom were armed with pick axe handles. After taking photo's of the vehicles and occupants I used the bull bar on the front to threaten them and the vehicles which made them scatter. Don't make old people mad.
We don't like being old in the first place,
so it doesn't take much to Censored us off.

Richard
Post #764435 20th Mar 2019 10:32am
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Ramming hippy students off the road. The hunt lackeys are so brave.

Their masters must be very proud of them.
Post #764438 20th Mar 2019 11:27am
discomog

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
We've even had sabs turn up at our local bloodhound meeting. There is absolutely no cruelty involved with hunting with bloodhounds, the worst thing is when the hounds catch their quarry they tend to lick it to death.

The sabs are more interested in turning it into a class war than a fight against animal cruelty. As Caterham says why don't they concentrate on supermarkets who sell halal meat, far more cruelty there than the odd fox that gets caught up accidentally with foxhounds.

The sabs must be kicking themselves after getting their hunting bill through parliament with the help of Tony Blair (wasn't he the guy who lied about weapons of mass destruction and then conned the parliament into going to war?), as there are more people hunting today than ever before. Defender 90XS SW
Mini Countryman Cooper S
Morgan Plus 8
Post #764444 20th Mar 2019 12:26pm
miker

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Rioja Red
Fox hunting is in my eyes totally cruel and unnecessary, as well as being illegal, but hunt sabs to seem to be a special branch of nutters more along the lines of PETA, rather than any genuine organisation trying to help animal welfare.
Post #764451 20th Mar 2019 1:03pm
Slideywindows

England 
Spot on again Caterham.

The little Lefties attack an old British cultural tradition whilst "forgetting" an equally cruel immigrant cultural tradition.

And it's strange how Mr Blair left the keeping of thousands of racing pigeons in cages completely alone, whilst having a go at the "nobs".

The keeping of reptiles and Primates as "pets" was not banned.

The ban was nothing to do with "cruelty".

As for the precious "conscience" of the hunt sabs.

They leave their comfy city homes, walk past the heroin addicts, crack whores, shop doorway alcoholics and drug dealing gangs, to get in their cars, come down to the countryside and tell us what we are doing wrong! Shocked

I would have thought that they have more pressing concerns on their own doorstep.

Hunt sabs are not heroes. They are just another set of bigots in balaclavas.

I don't hunt. Never have. Never will. I don't even think it is the most elevating of human past-times.

However, compared to almost everything else that humans do, it is possibly the least environmentally damaging and most sustainable activity (for both predator and prey species) that we do.

It is part of my English rural culture, right or wrong.

Stand on my side of the hedge, and see what I see......
Post #764452 20th Mar 2019 1:26pm
andydef90

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
I don't agree with hunting at all its far to cruel and there is a lot better ways to get rid of foxes and badgers I understand tb is a big issue for farmers and the badger has a lot of the blame . I don't accept a animal ripped apart is acceptable . but no way would I agree with saboteurs
Post #764461 20th Mar 2019 2:50pm
kmac

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
Caterham / Slidey = why do you pick on halal slaughter when kosher slaughter involves the same process?
Post #764471 20th Mar 2019 3:44pm
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Dog fighting, badger baiting, cock fighting, hare coursing, fox hunting...sadly there will always be odious types who partake in these illegal activities and those who support or excuse their behaviour.

However life is too short to worry about their sort. I’m more concerned with making my TDCI produce more power without destroying the new engine.

Oh and a year without a breakdown would be nice too.
Post #764475 20th Mar 2019 3:59pm
Caterham

kmac wrote:
Caterham / Slidey = why do you pick on halal slaughter when kosher slaughter involves the same process?

because I've never heard of it. Very Happy

but as slidey has stated why the Fock don't they go do something useful. why not go looking for fockers that are evading the tax system for example which in turns focks the country over.
we appear to be having to spend more money on stuff then we ever had to. I could give you numerous examples but this one I find an incredible waste of money. cul-de-sac near me have within a very short distance of the entrance has a house either side of the road, each with a drop curb to the driveways. the cul-de-sac only has about 6 houses so very little traffic. the cul-de-sac has been there circa 30 years and all appears to have been fine. the other week it took numerous days to install new drop curbs with tactile surfaces for the blind! never seen any blind people walking the streets round here so I'm a little dumb struck at the f'ing waste of money associated with this little number.

so the way I see it outgings are increasing and there appears to be an increase in those avoiding paying tax. I'm not just referring to those who seem to monopolise cash rich jobs but also those that seem to think setting up a business knowing they're going to close it with a loss and then do the same again!! Evil or Very Mad
plus why do jails need to be so cosy?

back to the sabs - so far as I'm concerned the 4x4 geeza should rammed them a lot harder for getting in the way Very Happy
Post #764480 20th Mar 2019 4:24pm
JOW240725

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
mick wrote:
You’ve got to wonder why the hunt sabs will travel over 40 miles to give folk a load of hassle in the 1 st place

Because they're paid to do it Whistle James
MY2012 110 2.2TDCi XS SW Orkney Grey - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic43410.html
MY1990 110 200TDi SW beautifully faded Portofino Red - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post743641.html#743641
MY1984 90 V8 Slate Grey - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post744557.html#744557
Instagram @suffolk_rovers
Post #764481 20th Mar 2019 4:33pm
Caterham

who pays them?
Post #764482 20th Mar 2019 4:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>