↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Hunt saboteurs' car 'rammed' by 4x4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
JOW240725

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
I'd guess the Hunt Saboteurs Association amongst others. Not all but most are just paid thugs not really interested in the cause. James
MY2012 110 2.2TDCi XS SW Orkney Grey - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic43410.html
MY1990 110 200TDi SW beautifully faded Portofino Red - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post743641.html#743641
MY1984 90 V8 Slate Grey - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post744557.html#744557
Instagram @suffolk_rovers
Post #764485 20th Mar 2019 5:33pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
Now I am not particularly pro or anti hunting, however I will support people carrying out lawful activities.

Now if people wish to eat vegetarian or vegan diet that is their choice as long as they do not try to force their views on myself.

Now if people wish to promote animal welfare good for them if done with legal means.

Now the hunt sabs seem to go about their activities heavily disguised often in paramilitary attire often breaking the law by way of aggravated trespass etc.

Their activities are often posted on social media which can be difficult to reference. Some of their claims are 'entertaining'! Like just rescued this fox from a pack of baying hounds but it has died. Dead fox and person carrying it had no blood on it and no obvious bite marks or injuries on it. Must admit I do not think I would be happy going into a pack of braying hounds ripping a fox apart and walking out unscathed with an unscathed fox!

Spraying the hounds and horses and punching horses along with calling the hounds towards roads does not show concern for animal welfare. Hurling abuse at young children out for a days legal horse riding activity.

Now at the bottom of their farcebook posts there is always please donate towards our fuel costs, costs towards buying a new vehicle/4x4, new tyres etc. The vehicles requiring replacement always seem to be clapped out old bangers.

Now all me sceptical but I wonder if it was staged by the hunt sabs to go fund raising by a gofraudme account.

I may be wrong but if people roam the countryside dressed up as countryside terrorist breaking UK law I will view their videos and reports with a very sceptical eye.

Brendan
Post #764492 20th Mar 2019 6:10pm
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
mr 4x4 driver would probably be doing society a favour if he were to ram them AFTER they got out of the car not before Thumbs Up
Post #764495 20th Mar 2019 6:21pm
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Quote:
mr 4x4 driver would probably be doing society a favour if he were to ram them AFTER they got out of the car not before Thumbs Up

That’s harsh even by your standards Caterham.

Fair enough you get your kicks by trolling, each to their own I s’pose but that type of comment really lets Def2 down.
Post #764498 20th Mar 2019 6:48pm
Caterham

sorry I didn't mean to offend.

MUCH Rolling with laughter

joking aside I thought that was rather tame by my standards. I could have mentioned the mini-gun but then things get a little messy.

you're not a sab at the weekends are Zed?

ps. did I ever mention I like your choice of defender Mr. Green
Post #764502 20th Mar 2019 6:56pm
Zed

You didn’t offend me mate, you just let yourself down.

There is no way I could be arsed to be a sab but when I moved here I did refuse permission for our local hunt to go on my land which put a few noses out of joint. Ruined centuries of tradition apparently. I found it hilarious.

On a separate note the Master of the hunt got banged up a few months later for raping a 15 year old girl
Post #764510 20th Mar 2019 7:24pm
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
Zed wrote:
Quote:

That’s harsh even by your standards Caterham.

Fair enough you get your kicks by trolling, each to their own I s’pose but that type of comment really lets Def2 down.

Was a good point though.
Post #764512 20th Mar 2019 7:25pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Oh joy, another contentious subject on D2 again. Rolling Eyes

My view is if everyone abides by the law, and behaves themselves what ever side someone's views is then that's fine.

I do not see why those of whom, who want to cannot go on an en masse ride and keep it at that and not all the other stuff.
I ran into them today, funny enough as this thread came up.

Vehicles were all over the place including blocking the lanes on places but they did move so I went though and to where I was heading anyway.

It does appear they often do seem to go around with faces like funerals when anyone is in the vicinity whether you do anything or not.
In my case simply driving through.

Remember those who break the law or try to defy it are those to blame for the others. (Possibly a majority?) that will pay the price.
Violent and abusive behaviour I do not condone and there are always two sides to that story.

Perhaps, IF we had a more sensible Police instead of plastic PCSO's that are reliable people would likely rely more on the law being enforced.
They seem to only have fiestas to go around and not want to get their shoes dirty here. Whistle Rolling with laughter

There is also elements here in places of where this anti 4x4 hate comes in, and where anybody who cannot behave and that includes of piste 4x4 drivers are then trouble is afoot.

Ultimately, if not careful everyone has a price they pay and our freedoms end up in jeopardy.
At this moment in time, ask yourself just how much freedom do you / we have left these days?

As of the last few years we seem to be living in some sort of cross futuristic / and feudal early Victorian social era.

Never mind that last govt, this govt has a lot to answer for as well both the last party and this one.
In fact at least the last three PM's.

I do hope Defender discussion continues here, long into the future.
But will the townies allow us?

I'd say the white shirts of the city are far more damaging than ANY other members of society.
As things stand, younger generations of the rural areas are and have nearly died out.

Damaging factor - money. Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #764516 20th Mar 2019 7:33pm
Outlaw1

England 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
I like the lifted Amazon .hope it wasn't damaged Laughing
Post #764518 20th Mar 2019 7:40pm
Joe the Plumber

2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 HT Fuji White
My little hunting tale.

Where I did my apprenticeship, there was a local hunt that was often out in the late afternoon as we knocked off for the day. It was always exciting getting past the horse boxes and followers' cars, one bloke even getting his car kicked by a horse. No recompense was forthcoming.

A mate of mine was driving home with his passenger down a really steep hill, notorious locally for accidents. It was getting dark, misty at the bottom of the hill and the lights of a car coming the other way momentarily illuminated the dim figures of two darkly dressed horse riders just a little way in front of my mate's car, hidden in the gloom.

Angry that he could have hit them but for the other car, he slowed down and his mate yelled out of the window at them "Why don't you get some fuc*ing lights?"

The response from Prince Charles and his bodyguard is sadly lost to history....
Post #764535 20th Mar 2019 8:52pm
Caterham

Rolling with laughter
Post #764540 20th Mar 2019 9:11pm
integrale

New Zealand 
What is the possible relevance of halal butchers to this topic? In my opinion it's just more disgraceful and unnecessary anti-muslim rhetoric, and after what happened recently in this country I'd have hoped for better from this forum.
Post #764577 21st Mar 2019 12:24am
miker

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Rioja Red
Sadly, integrale, if one tries hard enough, ANY topic can be turned into an anti Muslim rant, even if the topic had zero relevance to any religion!
Post #764584 21st Mar 2019 2:08am
ken

United Kingdom 
Unless I need to go to specsavers doesn't the report say a SABs car was rammed ie the recipient of the alleged altercation Neutral
Post #764601 21st Mar 2019 8:09am
Zed

Quote:
What is the possible relevance of halal butchers to this topic? In my opinion it's just more disgraceful and unnecessary anti-muslim rhetoric, and after what happened recently in this country I'd have hoped for better from this forum.

Quote:
Sadly, integrale, if one tries hard enough, ANY topic can be turned into an anti Muslim rant, even if the topic had zero relevance to any religion!

Social media can be interesting, informative and fun. Unfortunately it is also inhabited by ne'er-do-well's and because they feel safe from the anonymity provided behind a keyboard these types spend their time trolling and being nasty to people they don't know in an attempt to make their sad lives feel a little bit better.

Which, when you think about it, is absolutely hilarious.
Post #764606 21st Mar 2019 8:30am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>