Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Selling my favourite toy I'm afraid...not too well anymore. It' my perfect Santorini black SW and has only covered 18000 miles! Thoroughly wax injected at 3 months old and then every two years plus regular ACF 50 applications, everything done right A B and C posts tub supports bulkhead...........well I'm sure you get the picture, Talking of pictures, have a look at the following and I think you'll agree that it is a very beautiful example. there are way to many LR extra additions to list and bore everyone with here but if anyone is serious about becoming the new owner I will gladly forward a list to you. My aim was to always keep it looking like an original station wagon but protect and improve where needed. The bodywork and interior have been professionally treated with superguard and it has always had genuine LR seat covers fitted. It has never been off roaded or towed and the NAS step and Dixon bate hitch were for a cycle rack to be fitted and making access easy. It has been fully serviced by one LR main dealer and you are welcome to talk with them for confirmation of the quality of this vehicle. Every stamp is in the service book and intervals were between 1-2000 miles so you will see that it is very well looked after. I have been a customer of this dealership for over twenty years. I had always intended it to be my last and forever Land Rover but it would just become an ornament now.... and that's not right!
Please, feel free to ask me anything you would like to know or for it's equipment list. All keys and paperwork are correct and I can assure you that this is the best example that you will drive ,see or find. I am asking £27,000. The original vehicle cost £33650 and the additions were just shy of £4000. It has not been in an accident or damaged in any way.
Post #691208 5th Mar 2018 6:24pm
Swine&Small

United Kingdom 
Sorry to hear your news. The best of luck for yourself and your sale Thumbs Up 1983 Series 3 Pick up in Marine Blue
1967 Morris Traveller
1966 Morris Convertible
2012 VW T5 Camper
Quod Abundat Non Obstat.
Post #691227 5th Mar 2018 7:29pm
familymad

2016 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
Lovely 1951 80" S1 2.0
1995 110 300TDI
1995 90 300TDI
Post #691228 5th Mar 2018 7:31pm
sewin elwy

Wales 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Thanks folks, gona' miss this one more than I can say....... more than my teddy bear even when my mum threw it in the bin so many years ago now! Waited so long for this one. Been with Land Rovers's since I was 19 and joined the army, I know my way around most of them and knew exactly what I wanted here! of course the kid's absolutely love it and call it dark fender...... haven't been able to tell them yet!
Post #691253 5th Mar 2018 8:53pm
DAZ110

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Barolo Black
Sorry to hear your selling. Crying or Very sad

How much is the road tax on your Defender?
Post #691274 5th Mar 2018 9:49pm
sewin elwy

Hi Daz110
Its £530 I think... pea'd me off a bit when I got it but as an uncle said to me 'so, its £200.0 quid more a year for the car you want' found it easier to look at it like that! but it is annoying how HMRC can clearly milk the owners of a family car.
Post #691279 5th Mar 2018 10:02pm
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
Hello Sewin from Aussie, I'm 50% Welsh, My Mum comes from Rhymney, I've been to your part of the World a LLOOONNNGG time ago, probably before you were born.
What a lovely Defender, & I like the look of the background too,...don't see much of that down here.
I wish you all the best, and whoever buys your Defender is going to be one very lucky owner.
Pickles.
Post #691287 5th Mar 2018 10:15pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Ad OK - reference 180305-435 - should have been added to the ad Whistle  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #691301 5th Mar 2018 10:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rockster57

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Zermatt Silver
Sewin, in every way I hope things work out as best they can. Kind regards, Peter
Post #691331 5th Mar 2018 11:57pm
sewin elwy

OOOPs! sorry martin!
uote="Martin"]Ad OK - reference 180305-435 - should have been added to the ad Whistle[/quote]

I hadn't realised that I had to put it into the text of the add as well, I had thought that entering it where requested was what was required.... perhaps I need to read things a bit better! Sorryagain for causing you work!
Post #691374 6th Mar 2018 9:45am
sewin elwy

rockster57 wrote:
Sewin, in every way I hope things work out as best they can. Kind regards, Peter

Again, thank you all for your kind replies, not only do we wave at each other through our retro windscreens but clearly we are caring people too! I can remember at 14 years old collecting our first new family car from the garage with my Dad and being blown away by these gestures which say .... you're special, you belong, we understand you!

Dark Fender here was our first Tdci. As a long term customer of our dealership I had formed a good relationship with one of the mechanic's and just before I picked it up he phoned to tell me that he thought or 110 was lovely and that he felt it was of the best he had driven. Only subsequently after driving a few others did I appreciate how true that was...... it makes me smile every time! I know you might find me a bit of a 'saddo' when I tell you that there have been a few occasions over the last few years when I've felt a bit pe'd off that I've just gone out and sat alone in 'Dark Fender' to get my head straight again. It's been my space, couldn't get that from any other vehicle....... they're just cars! If you talk to the car mad..... the guy who loves his BMW or Mercedes Benz and ask him what he like about it, he'll say how fast it is or how it holds the road etc. but, he would have no hesitation in changing it for the next car that takes his fancy! ask a Defender owner and they'll tell you " its because its my defender, we love it, its part of the family!....... its even got a name! What's yours called! Imagine the look on the carlos fandango's face if you asked that question!
Post #691379 6th Mar 2018 10:19am
sewin elwy

Pickles wrote:
Hello Sewin from Aussie, I'm 50% Welsh, My Mum comes from Rhymney, I've been to your part of the World a LLOOONNNGG time ago, probably before you were born.
What a lovely Defender, & I like the look of the background too,...don't see much of that down here.
I wish you all the best, and whoever buys your Defender is going to be one very lucky owner.
Pickles.

Hi Pickles..... very nice 90 and its nice to see someone who is as fanatical about our special vehicle's as I am! Oh yes, I know that there are quite a few of us like this and I suppose it might seem funny to some that we care and pamper them so much when they're designed to go and get filthy and scratched, but hey!.... each to they're own and whatever makes you happy I Suppose!
Nice to know you hold fond memories of wales. We came here over 20 years ago now. Working for the NHS my wife and I transferred here from the south east of England when they asked her to take on a job that she had been specially trained for in London (St. Thomas' and Guys Hospital Trust). We had our children here and they have had a fantastic time growing up here in such safe and pleasant surroundings. and to wake up every morning to this gorgeous place is something we have never lost sight of. Yes, we could have chosen to stay in London and the south east and earn the big bucks but we chose lifestyle over money...... the right choice, money cant buy this! and I have no regrets!
Post #691412 6th Mar 2018 12:41pm
sewin elwy

By the way Pickles, you don't see to many with the correct wing top checker plate fitted, the one that finishes short of the ariel mounting point. When the Td5 or aftermarket options are used they sit under the bonnet and the Tdci bonnet which fits much closer to the wing than the previous models then tends to damage the paint and cause corrosion. The correct Tdci variant finishes in line with the bonnet edge.And they're anodised not painted or just a natural finish!
My next job, were I keeping 'Dark Fender' would have been the sill checker plate like you have fitted, just makes so much sense if you have the side steps!
Post #691415 6th Mar 2018 1:04pm
sewin elwy

Pickles, A bit more nostalgia for you!
Here's My happy son fishing in his own bit of river! Thank you God! and' Dark Fender' waitin for him in the orchard!
Post #691417 6th Mar 2018 1:19pm
sewin elwy

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #691418 6th Mar 2018 1:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>