Home > Puma (Tdci) > Defender Values
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Jonno

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Santorini Black
Defender Values
As per the title.....

This seems to be a weird situation, i keep getting invites from we buy any van.com to sell them my 2011 90 hard top. I remember last december the offer was about 13k. It then went up to 15k and had suddenly dropped to just over 11k. I presume this is due to the seasonality of the market, or maybe the inflated prices bubble has burst.

Jono
Post #627350 28th May 2017 3:19pm
newhue

Australia 
The Defender bubble is certainly a bubble, limited to the mind set of of those who think they are what they are. Down under no one uses them for commercial use. No magazines promote them, not even when a new Defenders appeared. And still the general reputation of being unreliable exists. Capable....but unreliable. A left over from series days.
Sales of PUMA's are or were 40 a month. Toyota had and still does have 1500 -1800 units each of Land Cruisers and Hilux.

I asked for a trade in price through a mate on my 2010 VGC appropriately modded touring 130 with average km for the age. AU15 to 18K I was quoted, but they confessed they don't want it. Sell it privately they said. From looking around 33 to 36 is about it. I had hoped my 7yo truck worth 60K with 20K of accessories would do better. Maybe I am niaeve or just unrealistic. Some are wishful thinking at 40 so perhaps on a lucky day with a cashed up buyer. But not quite the collectors cars the bubble seems to think. Maybe another 20 years might see it. I imagine however by them I would have easily spent another 10K maintaining it.

I do wonder though, what has Defender done recently to deserve higher values besides production being stopped. Nothing that jumps out for me. Camel trophy was years ago and the new defender ant no Camel Safari player. Series 2 and 3 lay the ground work with plenty of safari documentaries; but what has the current defender done? Not much more than bling wheels and metallic paint. I can't speak for any but myself, but I am looking into buying a truck like a lori for you guys. The model that works best for me is no longer made, so why buy something that has become extinct. In reality its just another vehicle like all the rest with no past glory. Maybe I'm just outside the bubble, but its how I see it. My Defender and travels
Post #630893 12th Jun 2017 10:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
zsd-puma

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
We buy any car and similar services always offer sod all. They basically bargain on some people being desperate to sell as they need the cash or at the other end of the scale people who just want rid of the car and aren't bothered about making much money.
Post #630945 13th Jun 2017 12:52am
AlanH

Australia 
I'm the other side of Oz to Newhue and have found the same thing. Bought a D4 and put the 2010 110 up for sale at a reasonable (I thought) 42K ($AU) and no takers. Dropped it to 38K and only mild interest. Plenty of others on carsales.com.au at really really fancy prices but no buyers.
The dealer was all smiles when I said I wouldn't trade it...... now I know why. Crying or Very sad
AlanH.
Post #631260 14th Jun 2017 10:13am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1