↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Rear Window Tinting
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
stanley

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
I've had mine done on my 110 csw , maimly for keeping the dogs cool. I must admit that at first I though the car looked like a hearse but I got used to it, reversing isnt a problem for me as I too use my mirrors. Now a year or so on I dont even notice , it doesnt make the back gloomy at all in my opinion, and if you really hate it its peel offable !
I'll try and post a pic
Post #55481 28th Jan 2011 1:02pm
TJ101

Isle Of Man 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
I do mine from the B post back in the station wagon, all with approx 70%

Mainly to keep it cooler inside and some extra security,, In the dark, visibility through the rear screen is not good, but has never been a problem, as can not see through the back with the load guard in anyway !!

Click image to enlarge

From the inside, exterior visibility is still good in daylight

Click image to enlarge

The cheap stuff, via e-bay etc, does seam to mark easier, When my 07 one was done, that was the cheap stuff, and not very resistant.

Will agree with the comment above, that if a car all blacked out, some would think what has he got in their to hide ??,, but recon it not so bad, as have the window guards on show ??

New 110 due next month will also have the tints fitted

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  California F1, 75th 110 "Kermit", 50th Ann V8, 90 V8 Hybrid, 55 Series 1

Main Brian James Trailer Dealer for South West UK
Post #55542 28th Jan 2011 9:10pm
chiefstoker

England 2005 Defender 90 Td5 HT Zambezi Silver
alantd wrote:
I was thinking of getting this done - mostly to stop my kids getting the sun in their eyes.

Does it make the rear a bit gloomy? I was in a Jag the other day that had the rear heavily tinted and it was really depressing.

The great thing about the Defender is that it feels quite airy inside with a lot of glass and visibility.

Really? my defender isnt, its a hardtop with smoke tinted rear windows and i deliberately chose not to have side windows because i prefer it darker and more private in the vehicle. Horses for courses! Mr. Green

Zinke, my windows are a light smoke and dont really look too different to clear glass to the untrained eye, i used the diy roll stuff and they came out pretty much spot on with no bubbles etc. In hindsight a bit darker would be preferable to me but I didnt want to go too dark in case it looked too pimped and not classy. 2005 TD5 90 Hard Top

Beer 'n Sex 'n Chips 'n Gravy

Post #55547 28th Jan 2011 9:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12