↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > Parents 200 TDI
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Procta

United Kingdom 
Parents 200 TDI
Its way over due, in my eyes. But my dad has decided to introduce you to his Defender. Thumbs Up
i nick name him Terrance, or Terr, as it winds my dad up.
They have had him since 2014, and was originally a van. My old 300 was practically identical to him.
Through out the 9 years they have spent a few pounds on him, basically on upgrading suspension, and adding windows, upgrading the interior, with a new headlining and revamped seats. My dad also added the front bull bar, and Spot lamps. It already had the light bar and rear spot lights. How they were wired in was a bit of a joke. So when i bought the spot lamp kit for the front spots, Me and my dad wired everything properly on two switches so things would come on separately. My dad also had dipped able spots, which have since been upgraded. He has LEDs all round, and the last feature was the LED head lights, with a boomslang loom that i bought off here. He also has the chrome rings around the clocks like mine, and the metal binnacle, that i won in auction, that was going to go on my 300 TDI, but my dad bummed that off me Laughing just recently my dad took my old Alloys and had them powder coated black, but left the centres sliver. Also a roof rack has been fitted, and tinted glass, and a stainless steel exhaust. Which i think they are looking at changing. My dad has also polybushed all the suspension, when he did the dampers and springs, which are terrferma. I have bought my dad the TD5 front vented brakes, and upgraded front drive flanges, and a ITG panel filter. With him pulling the caravan. Also my dad has installed a transfer box cooler, Little triangle thing that bolts underneath.
Basically that's about it. In about two weeks though, Terr will be vanishing from the drive for a few months, He is going in for a body revamp and chassis replacement. The chassis will not go through another mot and the bulkhead has seen better days now.
Here is a few snaps of Terr

this is the earliest i have of him,

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

bull bar and lights
this was after we did installation of the front spots

Click image to enlarge

the window installation and rear seats

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

alloy spare wheel

Click image to enlarge

On a weekend trip with me, ( Help the Heros)

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

one with all the lights on, after we did some testing

Click image to enlarge

one of the early ones of my 300 with Terr

Click image to enlarge

Holiday this year

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

and very recently

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

So another one is in the fold, not sure how often i will update this, because my dad just jumps on jobs , unlike me, taking photos etc.

Also Terr introduced me to the world of defenders, my dad looked at a few before this one. TD5s and 300 Tdis were a little harder to get hold of budget wise at the time. My dad did look at a 300 TDi 110 from the same dealer, but the budget was too far. The know how we have aquried from working on this one, as paved the way on doing jobs on the 300 TDI and also the TD5. TD5 been a bit more in depth, in a few areas such as the wiper motor job and fuel tank.
Going to cost my parents very close to 20k, that's a strip down, re chassis, two doors, bulkhead paint job, and a few other odds and sods. Be away a good while. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #1017321 3rd Dec 2023 9:33pm
L110CDL

England 
Thanks for the information and pics on your dads 90, Procta Thumbs Up

Nice seeing all the before and after pics through the years of ownership Very Happy 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #1017453 4th Dec 2023 10:08pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
not much has changed externally, just revamped suspension and brakes, and a few cosmetic changes. its still very much van like inside. They never got around to adding the side trims. But they do have the carpet set in storage. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #1017506 5th Dec 2023 12:37pm
L110CDL

England 
Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #1017746 7th Dec 2023 9:54pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
yesterday, me and my dad removed the roof rack, spot lights, roof light bar, and my dad took a few other items out too, all gone into storage until next year, when he returns from his revamp.
A little sad looking at him now with all the bits and pieces removed.
But my dad has bought one upgrade and that's a rear bench. i think he is looking at buying another one for the other side too. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #1018011 10th Dec 2023 10:17pm
Screbble

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Great to see the pics of Terr and the changes through the years - including both your Defenders Procta, and a sneaky view of your Metro and Peugeot πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Post #1018013 10th Dec 2023 10:52pm
Moo

Ukraine 
Nice. A happy family. Thumbs Up Laughing Eiger Grey MY23 D250 SE with bits. Known as Noddy.
Post #1018020 11th Dec 2023 1:00am
Procta

United Kingdom 
Screbble wrote:
Great to see the pics of Terr and the changes through the years - including both your Defenders Procta, and a sneaky view of your Metro and Peugeot πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

yeah the metro and peugeot have said the day many times. The red metro was our only working car at one point. Hard to believe that one was the very last 16v gta my neck end of the woods, as there were not many made sadly, the peugeots the longest car in the family, and it will be my mams daily until the return of Terr. Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #1018094 11th Dec 2023 7:59pm
Chriswb84

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 110 Td5 SW Coniston Green
Hey that's a great looking Defender, I wish my paintwork was as tidy as yours on mine.

Good to see a fellow caravanner too!
Post #1018262 13th Dec 2023 3:28pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
he comes up very well with a good polish, its good better bodywork than my TD5 due to the dents. Just a shame his chassis has seen a lot better days. Be a hard one for them to see him, go for a few months, as he is the longest car my parents have had since they have been together, not the longest on in the family, that falls to the peugeot 306 Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #1018393 14th Dec 2023 4:31pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
well Terr has left the building or should i say the driveway for a few months. His replacement chassis was in for painting when i picked my parents up. The lass had a look at mine, and said arse wipe has had a go at the passenger door in the past there, and the driver side has had the dent puller. So looks like they had a go at her before my time with her.
She did say that the optimill removeable boss is the best a long with an X pedal box cover? She said one was recovered with those intact, but the defender had been lifted on a lo loader, and she has found a couple with trackers on, that have been planted. Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #1018482 16th Dec 2023 4:13am
Screbble

Does your mam drive Terr?
Does she like it or just tolerate it?
Post #1018525 16th Dec 2023 6:02pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Screbble, my mam loves driving terr, She is missing him left right and centre, as he is her baby. She had all the teddies etc in him. Plus she can get him into 5th gear with out any trouble, my dad though its a different story Laughing Dad " the clutch is away, or the gearbox is Censored " Mam just selects 5th gear with out any trouble. Laughing Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #1018587 17th Dec 2023 5:10pm
Screbble

That’s great to hear - often the other way round.

He’ll be back soon - better than ever!
Post #1018636 18th Dec 2023 8:14am
L110CDL

England 
Hopefully the time terr will not be there will seem like not to long at all and then the day you go and get him will come quicker than you think Very Happy 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #1018710 18th Dec 2023 9:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>