↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics > Wire up LED light bar - with main beam or separated?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
leeds

United Kingdom 
Despite what is on the paper work the E mark should be marked on the lens. My understanding is that the E mark must be marked on the front lens in an indelible way. No E mark on the front lens then it is not road legal despite what the paper work says.

We got some brand new, new to the market optional driving lights which were E marked according to the information put out. This was from a major well respected western LED light manufacturer.

The leaflets said E marked, box said E marked, websites said E marked, however there was no E Mark etched on the lens so lights were not road legal. I had to open the box to inspect these new lights and yes they looked impressive. They had passed all the tests but someone had made a mistake in not ordering the lens with the correct markings. It was very much a case of Embarassed Embarassed at the major manufacturer. It took a couple of months to sort out but we got replacement lights sorted out and customer was happy with the lights despite the unfortunate delay.

Edited to add, yes you can get the correct optional headlight switch which has the symbol of a headlight with the figure 2 on it. However they are not cheap at about £50 for genuine ones. Now if you do a search on here I think it is PaulMc who gives detailed advice on how to use cheaper switches. If you want the genuine ones I might be able to sort one out for you next week. Not sure on the price.

Brendan
Post #523218 11th Apr 2016 8:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12