↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > LRI carpets and stainless tread plates
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
Arsath

United Arab Emirates 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Fuji White
leeds wrote:
Arsath, that type of bolt is called a coach bolt. If it has a screw driver slot in the top it becomes a roofing bolt.

Looking at that photo to me it looks like a galvanised mild steel coach bolt rather then a stainless coach bolt. However it can be difficult to tell from a photograph. The stainless coach bolts we have are thinner in the rim, smoother finish and have rings on the head (IIRC)

When fitting any after aftermarket kit whilst parked on gravel/grass it is a good idea to put a tarp on the ground first. Can make finding that dropped nut, washer, socket much easier.

Brendan

Thanks .. I had no idea what they were called.. the photo is not the actual coach bolt, I just googled "flat head bolt" Laughing And found that photo. I did not know how to explain it without the picture..
Post #486351 28th Dec 2015 9:21pm
Baffled 1

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Hello there, I have purchased and fitted a carpet set from LRI it was for my 90 rear only. If from memory they offer 2 different qualities and I purchased there best or the most expensive!! , I cannot obviously compare the two for quality but I am well pleased with my choice.
The carpet come pre cut for all sections in the back of the 90 and was spot on with only mild trimming needed. It has been in a while now and it still looks good as new and as it's treated as a work horse all sorts has been chucked at it.
The only gripe is that the glue supplied has just lost its sticky-ness and needs a bit of fettling in some small places but nothing to worry about.
Hope this helps you.
Post #486419 28th Dec 2015 11:46pm
YOLO110

Australia 
Many thanks. That's great feedback. Thumbs Up YOLO... You Only Live Once...
Post #486443 29th Dec 2015 7:40am
YOLO110

Australia 
[quote="glpinxit"]
YOLO110 wrote:

I'm interested in the answer to the 'carpet question' too. But after Dynamat (or similar) I will use mass-loaded vinyl - eg eBay eBay Item No. 151560151880 under the carpet. (At the risk of thread diversion, Dynamat type stuff is meant to damp panel resonance, MLV will reduce noise intrusion and carpet will muffle the interior so they each have a role.)

Cheers Guy.

My Oz bound suitcase is going to be heavy! Laughing YOLO... You Only Live Once...
Post #486444 29th Dec 2015 7:41am
Screbble

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
leeds wrote:
Arsath, that type of bolt is called a coach bolt. If it has a screw driver slot in the top it becomes a roofing bolt.

Looking at that photo to me it looks like a galvanised mild steel coach bolt rather then a stainless coach bolt. However it can be difficult to tell from a photograph. The stainless coach bolts we have are thinner in the rim, smoother finish and have rings on the head (IIRC)

When fitting any after aftermarket kit whilst parked on gravel/grass it is a good idea to put a tarp on the ground first. Can make finding that dropped nut, washer, socket much easier.

Brendan

Yours are certainly looking very good Brendan - noting the previous comments. Steve's in-situ pics do them justice.
Compared to others I have looked at, I do prefer the less blingy finish, the step/groove, and the coach bolt fittings.
I've just been on your website - is the price the same for the 90 and 110 even though there is more to the latter package?
Cheers,
Will
Post #486506 29th Dec 2015 11:16am
Arsath

Will, did you mean Steve's in-situ pictures DONT DO JUSTICE? Confused I never said Brendon's products are not nice or inferior in quality.. I only have experience with the LRI product thus recommended it, the thread was posted asking about the LRI product. just for the record.. Rolling Eyes
Post #486511 29th Dec 2015 11:26am
custom90

United Kingdom 
It was indeed originally regarding LRi's but I just posted up as a comparison.

As I mentioned previously I have a mixture of both, both good but if I had the choice again for the rear it would be from Brendan.
LRi's are a bit blingy.

But each to their own! Both are good.
Post #486530 29th Dec 2015 12:22pm
Screbble

Hi Arsath,
I'm sorry if my post has been potentially misinterpreted as I was not actually making any comment about yours or any other post in anything but a positive manner. Question

I was simply reflecting on ALL of the comments so far, and based on what I have read, forming my own (revised) conclusion that the product offered by Brendan is now my preferred choice. All of the other products look to be excellent quality.

I certainly wasn't making any reference to your comments specifically and I apologise if I came across that way. I don't suppose my choice of 'quote' helped. Sorry about that.

With regard to Steve's photo's, what I should have said is that they really do make Brendan's offering look very good indeed, and indicate that his product is better suited to my need. Perhaps I should have said exactly that. Sorry.

I didn't at all read into any suggestion that any of the products were not good, just different. Very Happy

Hope that helps Thumbs Up
Post #486531 29th Dec 2015 12:24pm
Arsath

Steve as always, most of us here in the forum appreciate your valuable inputs.. I personally have benefited from many of your posts.. You along with few others in the forum are a big help to the Defender community... There is no doubt about it.. Bow down
Post #486534 29th Dec 2015 12:29pm
Arsath

Will, I think I am getting old (the wrong way) .. And being miffed very easily.. Embarassed No need to apologize bro.. We are all here to help each other.. Your inputs are appreciated..
Post #486538 29th Dec 2015 12:33pm
Screbble

Thanks, I certainly wouldn't wish to offend anyone as like you I find the Forum invaluable - I am learning every day (in many ways!) Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Post #486540 29th Dec 2015 12:36pm
Cheshire110

United Kingdom 
Think we're building a good consensus then that all are pretty good, think Ill personally go for Brendan's Thumbs Up

LRI carpets are their "premium" quality so should be good too. Should finish off the new 110 just as it should've been in my opinion! Cheers, David
Land Rovers of all shapes S3 onwards… Daily is a 110 V8.
Post #486544 29th Dec 2015 12:39pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
4x4 overlander strips on a 110.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Pics in my build thread Thumbs Up Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #486549 29th Dec 2015 12:51pm
Cheshire110

United Kingdom 
Looks Fab, thanks Thumbs Up Cheers, David
Land Rovers of all shapes S3 onwards… Daily is a 110 V8.
Post #486553 29th Dec 2015 12:59pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
The rear strip is indeed brushed from Brendan, which is good.
I'd swap but there is little point,
Don't mind a shiny rear but not the front so much.

Like some other members with OCDefeneritis, I'd probably keep polishing it to keep it shiny. Laughing
I don't mind SS fixings but I'm not a fan of it for show too much, it has its place.
The Naka SS bolt kit is superb!
Post #486598 29th Dec 2015 4:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>