↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > The Shooting Thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 29 of 41 <123 ... 282930 ... 394041>
Print this entire topic · 
mick

England 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Rimini Red
Chopperone wrote:
I still maintain my stance ; Chris Packham has no concept of conservation nor the role that shooting plays in it.
He is very dangerous , he enjoys the protection of the BBC when he shouldn't & he insults those who live & work in the countryside with his ill conceived rhetoric.
He needs stopping & the way to do it is to get the BBC to face up to the situation & deny him the oxygen of exposure.
Guy

Yup totally agree he is a 1 st class Twot along with a lot of other high profile people that have NO idea on the ways of the country side
I don’t know what to make of this country at the mo it’s about time we had a big shake up FFS The good ideas club are on about making Royal Navy ships gender neutral Shocked
Post #770266 26th Apr 2019 7:31pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
Went to a working test at Lulsley today, run by the Wye Valley retrievers. A nice smattering of Defenders there, a late 300tdi 110 County in Epsom Green, a 57 plate county also in Green. Both suffering from corrosion- the rear cross member on the 57 was in a shocking state! I took the Heritage as the pick up is away having a new transfer box 🤦‍♂️

Anyhow, very enjoyable day. I ran the youngster in the novice dog / handler and my son ran the old dog in the young handler. He got a certificate for 2nd place. The old dog isn’t on steroids, she’s just well built!

Click image to enlarge
Post #770408 27th Apr 2019 8:00pm
mick

Good day out then Thumbs Up
Post #770409 27th Apr 2019 8:02pm
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Chopperone wrote:
I still maintain my stance ; Chris Packham has no concept of conservation nor the role that shooting plays in it.
He is very dangerous , he enjoys the protection of the BBC when he shouldn't & he insults those who live & work in the countryside with his ill conceived rhetoric.
He needs stopping & the way to do it is to get the BBC to face up to the situation & deny him the oxygen of exposure.
Guy

Chris Packham "very dangerous"?

Does he vandalise people's houses and string up dead birds?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-48050361

Or just have an opinion you disagree with?

Drama queens.
Post #770412 27th Apr 2019 8:26pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The danger is not in the divergence of opinion, it is simply that Packham has been allowed to promote one side of the argument via his employers. He chooses not to acknowledge the relationship between shooting and conservation in order to promote his own agenda, and this bias isn’t challenged by the BBC. That is dangerous.
Post #770418 27th Apr 2019 9:06pm
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Zed wrote:

Drama queens.

That last comment is uncalled for. Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #770430 27th Apr 2019 9:46pm
mick

Can you still use a Larsen trap ?
Zed How was 2 crows on a pole vandalising his gate 🤷🏻‍♂️
I had to turn the tv off the other day Emma Thompson was spouting off about some twoddle on the BBC
Post #770434 27th Apr 2019 10:00pm
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
The unworkable temporary licences aside, NE have issued one General Licence [GL] to cover taking crows for the purpose of protecting livestock along with several pages of conditions. You will need to go through those with regard to Larsens Apparently other GL's are to follow.

Up until the new GL Larsens have had to be pulled but captive birds are permitted to be kept in yards so long as they were caught prior to the cancellation of the old GL's. Not sure about the situation now so check the conditions! Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #770437 27th Apr 2019 10:13pm
Slideywindows

England 
Zed wrote:

Drama queens.

I have no idea why this poster insists on insulting his fellow forummers.

I guess if we have an opinion he disagrees with, then it is OK to embellish his opinion with an insult.

Not for the first time......
Post #770439 27th Apr 2019 10:17pm
Zed

Mick, It's not but apparently they damaged his gate and fence. Admittedly not crime of the century but clearly shtty behaviour.

Packham is not dangerous on any level. He is a TV presenter with an opinion. No different from Adam Henson campaigning for Countryside Alliance or Tom Heap's pro hunting views on the Beeb. Should they all be sacked? I don't believe so.
If anyone feels threatened by his views then I would suggest it is because they know they're on shaky ground and in all likelihood either breaking the law or not following good practice.

The Countryside Alliance, NFU, British Association for Shooting and Conservation, British Game Alliance and other extremely well funded and connected organisations have an eloquence of lawyers and untold MP's on the payroll. Their lobbying powers are immense yet they have chosen to target Chris Packham personally rather than through legitimate channels. Why is that?
Post #770443 27th Apr 2019 10:32pm
Zed

Slideywindows wrote:
Zed wrote:

Drama queens.

I have no idea why this poster insists on insulting his fellow forummers.

I guess if we have an opinion he disagrees with, then it is OK to embellish his opinion with an insult.

Not for the first time......

As the kettle said to the pot...
Post #770444 27th Apr 2019 10:34pm
mick

Zed wrote:
Mick, It's not but apparently they damaged his gate and fence. Admittedly not crime of the century but clearly shtty behaviour.

Packham is not dangerous on any level. He is a TV presenter with an opinion. No different from Adam Henson campaigning for Countryside Alliance or Tom Heap's pro hunting views on the Beeb. Should they all be sacked? I don't believe so.
If anyone feels threatened by his views then I would suggest it is because they know they're on shaky ground and in all likelihood either breaking the law or not following good practice.

The Countryside Alliance, NFU, British Association for Shooting and Conservation, British Game Alliance and other extremely well funded and connected organisations have an eloquence of lawyers and untold MP's on the payroll. Their lobbying powers are immense yet they have chosen to target Chris Packham personally rather than through legitimate channels. Why is that?

In packhams case it’s an idiot leading other idiots who have no idea on country ways they get money and go live in the woods but don’t like what they see.i come across it regularly with my job.
Post #770452 27th Apr 2019 11:12pm
Zed

Mick, I still don't see how that makes him very dangerous. It certainly doesn't excuse the hate directed at him. More likely it's because people know they can get away with it because he is not a threat. He's a media luvvie with aspergers, a speech impediment and works for the Beeb. Basically a very soft target.

Regarding this legislation all complaints should be addressed to Natural England and Michael Gove but ultimately it's the government's decision. So if you feel the need to spew hate on the internet, cause criminal damage or hang dead crows on gates then Westminster is the place to go.

If that is the case I might even join you. Peacefully obviously.

Even if it does cost £25 to take the Defender into town.
Post #770469 28th Apr 2019 8:37am
mick

let me explain why people like him are dangerous Rolling Eyes it’s the Pied Piper effect , some folk are very gullible and take what they say as gospel even so called intelligent people who should have more idea and sense and they pass it on to their friends and we get more brain washed idiots jumping on the bandwagon..
I’ve seen it in my job as a farrier! Man has been striving to put shoes on Horses for thousands of years now but because some idiot in USA thinks it’s not natural for a horse to have shoes the uneducated horse folk follow suit ( buts that’s another story )
I wonder if his dogs are still in his freezer Shocked
Post #770471 28th Apr 2019 9:00am
Zed

Quote:
let me explain why people like him are dangerous Rolling Eyes it’s the Pied Piper effect , some folk are very gullible and take what they say as gospel even so called intelligent people who should have more idea and sense and they pass it on to their friends and we get more brain washed idiots jumping on the bandwagon..

Yes many people are gullible. Stupid even. However censoring opinions you deem dangerous because you fear they will spread, plus using intimidation tactics sounds very much like communist China or Russia.

Not for me thanks.
Post #770525 28th Apr 2019 3:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 29 of 41 <123 ... 282930 ... 394041>