↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Technical > Q421- Oil Pump Failure **JLR RECALL**
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 9 <123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
TopQ1967

Netherlands 2012 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Buckingham Blue
Checked at my dealer too.

They see it on the UK system, not in their local dutch system. They only take action if it pops up in the local system (otherwise they do not het the fee for guarantee work).
Think this might be the same for other non- UK countries (as Germany for instance).

Cheers

Q.
Post #414707 8th Apr 2015 9:15am
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
Nothing in Aus yet, & Gracie is in the VIN range?
Pickles.
Post #414719 8th Apr 2015 9:53am
NormanD

England 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Santorini Black
Inon the 29th April for Pump recall and yet another Gear Lever for the ominous rattle NormanD WE191

2015 110 XS Utility
2014 VW Caravelle 180 Executive
Post #414731 8th Apr 2015 11:04am
Defender-Stu

United Kingdom 
Mines gone in yesterday to have this done as the recall was issued yesterday and gone in for a Rear Pinion seal also, new pump and everything involved to be replaced and i have no land rover for 2 weeks but i have a little hire van free from LR Taunton
Post #414738 8th Apr 2015 11:17am
louiskemp1

United Kingdom 
canterkid wrote:
Louis,agree with your thoughts on Hunters, Norwich,very poor on sales,so I had a deal with Hunters Kings Lynn. Slightly better,but when it comes too service side once again very poor. Going too give it a few days and see if they contact me about oil pump recall. When I had last turbo pipe recall,letter was dated May 2014, but posted to me in October 2014, so I don't hold a lot of hope in them letting me know.
\

I doubt you'll get a call, when i called and asked why i wasn't informed she said as it was a service notice and not an official recall the policy is that they do not inform customers. My oil service light has been coming on intermittently and I was about to shell out for it to be looked at, at a local indy. Told hunters i could have been money out of pocket for a fault on their behalf and they really didnt give a ****.
Post #414745 8th Apr 2015 11:26am
Mjibex

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Loire Blue
Mines been done today.
Post #415114 9th Apr 2015 9:37pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Land Rover's bulletin vehicle codes aren't the chassis number. They use the following format:

XXNNNNNN

Where:

XX is the vehicle type - LD for Defender - 4th and 5th letters in VIN
NNNNNN is the chassis number - last 6 of the VIN

As long as you have a Defender (LD) and your last 6 in the VIN are in the published range, it applies to you Smile  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #415196 10th Apr 2015 1:49pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Browjam

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Havana
Mine now booked in for May and as was stated earlier in the thread this is not a recall but a service notice, I expect a "recall" would be quite overwhelming for dealers given the number of engines concerned (unfortunately there may be a few out there that don't use the forums that may suffer on this one).

Anyway all I can say is a big thank you to all of those on the forum for delivering such a wealth of helpful and interesting information and normally delivered with a huge dollop of humour.

Have a great weekend and once again thank you!

James
Post #415199 10th Apr 2015 2:12pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
leeds wrote:
Supacat wrote:

Where did you ring - my dealer in Wakefield has gone away to check and I'm still waiting for him to ring me back.

Copley at Halifax
They are usually pretty good
Regards
Barbara

Thanks - I've now got mine booked in there - two further calls to Guy Salmon and no response - so my business goes elsewhere.

Very impressed with both Leslie and Brian. Both made me think they knew their business - and a contrast to some of the other dealers I spoke to earlier today. Cherry on the top is the very nice discount on the 2nd service due to the oil Thumbs Up
Post #415205 10th Apr 2015 2:44pm
Ronin

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 ST Keswick Green
Mine was taken into the dealers for a second year service and the recall yesterday, and I've just been told that they can't get the parts until next week Rolling Eyes

Result? A brand new Discovery Sport to play in for the weekend...
Post #415209 10th Apr 2015 3:41pm
Axel

Germany 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
Martin wrote:

As long as you have a Defender (LD) and your last 6 in the VIN are in the published range, it applies to you Smile

Well ... LR Germany confirmed to me in writing that my vehicle - though VIN clearly falls within the specified range- was definitely NOT affected by the campaign (LD4126xx, registered Nov. 2011) ....

The fact that I can see the campaign listed for my car on the English version of Topix does not - so they told me - automatically mean that it is affected .... on the German version of Topix there is nothing listed for my 90 at the moment.

Rolling Eyes Best Regards,

Axel
Post #415211 10th Apr 2015 3:49pm
keith

Scotland 
Iv had mine done yesterday , dealer had no problems and also renewed rear diff and MAF sensor whist it was in .
Post #415213 10th Apr 2015 4:12pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
@supacat Leslie is really helpful.
Having said that mine is not going on Monday as they are missing a couple of bits and won't get a delivery in time, so she phoned me today to put it back a week.
If you need a courtesy car, they give you really nice ones too, but we generally don't bother.
I think they are probably giving 150% on the customer service front as there is a new independent opening soon next door and they are probably hoping to keep their customers.
Regards
Barbara
Post #415221 10th Apr 2015 5:42pm
DenZ1lla

2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Zermatt Silver
Took my 110 2.2 defender in last week

Smoke from under bonnet and a whining noise , I knew something was up

Stratsone newcastle said I needed a new oil pump but they don't have the tool to do the job so I've had to wait nearly 2 weeks

Unbelievable.

Still waiting

Am I correct that they will have to replace all those parts mentioned

Thanks
Post #415348 11th Apr 2015 11:16am
ericvv

Switzerland 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
Axel wrote:
Martin wrote:

As long as you have a Defender (LD) and your last 6 in the VIN are in the published range, it applies to you Smile

Well ... LR Germany confirmed to me in writing that my vehicle - though VIN clearly falls within the specified range- was definitely NOT affected by the campaign (LD4126xx, registered Nov. 2011) ....

The fact that I can see the campaign listed for my car on the English version of Topix does not - so they told me - automatically mean that it is affected .... on the German version of Topix there is nothing listed for my 90 at the moment.

Rolling Eyes

Axel, the truth may be a bit different than what they tell you now. Land Rover Germany probably strictly follow the corporate rules as to communication, something we often see here in Land Rover Customer Relations posts also.
But I know from someone here in Switzerland that his VIN falls within the range of affected vehicles, but the recall has simply not started here yet, so Land Rover Switzerland and the dealers do not have any formal info about it yet, and nothing is on topix yet either, so they formally see nothing about a recall,..... yet.
But the Swiss dealer said that they understand that here in Switzerland the recall is planned to be done as of end April, and then suddenly it all should appear for those within the applicable VIN range.
So maybe Germany, and other countries, are a similar case than what we have here. So keep checking. Thumbs Up
Eric You never actually own a Defender. You merely look after it for the next generation.
http://youtu.be/yVRlSsJwD0o
https://youtu.be/vmPr3oTHndg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GtzTT9Pdl0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABqKPz28e6A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLZ49Jce_n0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvAsz_ilQYU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8tMHiX9lSw
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dxwjPuHIV7I
https://vimeo.com/201482507
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSixqL0iyHw
Post #415361 11th Apr 2015 11:47am
Post Reply  Back to top