↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Wifey's?.....Let's Meet 'Em!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 9 of 9 <123456789
Print this entire topic · 
Procta

United Kingdom 
nitram17 wrote:
Co1 wrote:
Keep the faith mate, there is one out there for all of us. I found love in a fish and chip shop, so you might be surprised.

Statistically most folk meet either at work or through friends.so if you dont work and have no friends i think your Bug***d...If you really want to find s partner you will if you put the effort in ..good luck!

sadly for me there are not many babes at work, One is very friendly and i was very, very tempted to pass my number on to her, but i had a feeling that she may have just been friendly, and may have dropped been friendly like a rock. Plus i am not sure she is single too, and she is polish so its tricky to find things out, as you have the language barrier there. I may still push the idea again, if i see her in the new factory.

Also when i was working in a supermarket, the lasses were just not interested in me at all, Sad
I have tried online for years, met a few and dated for a while, but nothing seems to go any further than a few months. The last one i met just before xmas, blew me out. Filling me with false hope of meeting again, and then making excuses to the point she just went quiet on me. So left it. Back to the drawing board again. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #905569 29th May 2021 12:49am
Procta

United Kingdom 
Bluest wrote:
Get yourself on an on line dating site. I know 2 separate happy couples that met that way. There’s a chap I work with who has no redeeming features, yet he is always going on dates with women he met through dating sites. If it works for him it’ll work for anyone.

I have been online dating on and off for years, and nothing really has happened. I have met a few women, but its very rare that they want to meet up again, only 3 times that has happened for me, last time was very recently, she just decided to fill me with false hope in meeting up again. So i have had to pull the plug and move on. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #905570 29th May 2021 12:52am
Procta

United Kingdom 
22900013A wrote:
Bluest wrote:
Get yourself on an on line dating site. I know 2 separate happy couples that met that way. There’s a chap I work with who has no redeeming features, yet he is always going on dates with women he met through dating sites. If it works for him it’ll work for anyone.

I've tried on and off. Barely got a message, nevermind a date. Well, I had one...but that was it.

its very hit and miss isnt it, i have gone months to a year with out a message or a reply. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #905571 29th May 2021 12:54am
davidblythe

England 
being kind, both my son and nephew found their partners online and i know many more outside the family who have done the same

now the nephew was 30, chunky and a slaphead, so if he can find a girl, you maybe need to apply a bit of spit and polish to the brightwork

maybe ask a women to go over the ad and point out where it is too landy focused and needs to be more female orientated

good luck 1999 90 TD5 CSW
2006 110 TD5 HD Commercial
Post #905580 29th May 2021 7:59am
Co1

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Loire Blue
22900013A wrote:
Statistically after 30 it's pretty much an impossibility. There are exceptions but it's very rare.

I’m very surprised at that. Men and women focus a lot on career through their 20’s and into their thirties and are not really thinking of settling down until the mid thirties/early forties. I am 40 and have loads of mates both male and female that are only starting to talk about finding “the one”.

Don’t give up, and if I dare be so bold as to dish out a bit of tough love, stop feeling sorry for yourself as you are probably putting the women off before you know it. Be positive, embrace the possible. It’s not the be all and end all if you don’t get married either, both scenarios can be perfectly fulfilling.
Post #905583 29th May 2021 8:33am
nitram17

davidblythe wrote:
being kind, both my son and nephew found their partners online and i know many more outside the family who have done the same

now the nephew was 30, chunky and a slaphead, so if he can find a girl, you maybe need to apply a bit of spit and polish to the brightwork

maybe ask a women to go over the ad and point out where it is too landy focused and needs to be more female orientated

good luck

Human beings are a funny lot.for every bloke sitting in te house contemplating a life alone there is a woman doing the same !Women have it harder im afraid with societal pressure to have children and the biological clock are like the pendulum from the pit and the pendulum movie when they are in their thirties...... In short there is a woman out there who is capable and willing to pass you the right spanner so get out there and find her because she is looking for you, create the opportunity yourself(book club, night classes rambling clubs and online dating and the like ) and repeat as its all about opportunity and frequency.and most of all say Censored to the rejection (their loss)and move on to the next.

There is some truth to the old joke that women are very very picky when they are young dumping someone for now wearing the right shoes or tie and in their late twenties they must have the right job and income and be kind and handsome but by the mid thirties all that goes and as Jackie Wilson said better than i can write it ....they would will marry a chair to get of the shelf.

Good luck and good hunting and if you go out into the woods enough times you may find a huntress who has you in their sights.
Post #905593 29th May 2021 10:00am
Avion8

Australia 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 Heritage Edition SW Grasmere Green
Enjoyed reading through this thread. So here is a photo of me and the misses just before I retired!
 1955 Series 1 107" Pick up.
1977 RRC Suffix 'D'.
2000 Defender 110 TD5 Xtreme.
2015 Defender Heritage 90.
Post #905675 30th May 2021 1:13am
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
22900013A wrote:
Statistically after 30 it's pretty much an impossibility. There are exceptions but it's very rare.

Ooh, I wouldn’t say that. What I can offer is that statistically where I live (the French Alps) seems to have a disproportionate number of expats who arrive mid-life and after a marriage/relationship break up, so there are definitely people in later life ‘out there’. I’m late 40’s and in my group of friends, (and I’m not making this up), at least 10 couples met in their late 30’s or even 40’s. Those are the couples I can be bothered quickly counting on a very early Sunday morning. But overall the number of couples in our group who are late comers or second time arounders, vastly outnumber the ‘been together forever’ group. Could be ten times as many, no exaggeration. What might be a problem is ‘where’ you are in your 30’s as most of these met mid-to-late 30’s. Perhaps early 30’s is falling in between where you’re not of the right age for first timers, a little too old, but also for second timers, a little too young? Stay positive, keep looking, it’ll happen.

Your Agony Uncle, Grenadier, signing off... Whistle Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #905679 30th May 2021 6:54am
Sulisuli

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Get yourself a husky puppy, stand outside your nearest Waitrose entrance and wait for the ladies to come and admire your puppy, puppies always tend to attract ladies and Waitrose clientele tend to be better off financially and the average age of the female shopper is 43. Obviously not all will be single Whistle
If after 6 months you haven’t had any success trade the puppy in for a younger model as they are at their cutest upto 6 months old.
Please take this post in the humour it is meant and remember a puppy is for life unlike a female partner Laughing 2015 HT XS 90
2008 SVX 90
2000 XS TD5 90
Post #905727 30th May 2021 1:26pm
Co1

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Loire Blue
Sage words Suli, that is a cast iron guarantee for meeting women!! Never fails!
Post #905732 30th May 2021 2:09pm
Welshsurferdude

Wales 
met my wife on a dating website

got drunk on the first date and 11 years later still living the dream even after 3 kids and a wedding lol,

Loves her Disco 4.5 and also drives defenders loved my old 2002 110 TD5 DCl Mr. Green

Click image to enlarge
 2008 Santorini Black 110 XS USW (Sold)

2015 Discovery 4.5 Black pack Firenze red XS

2008 Corris Grey 110 XS USW (sold)

2011 Santorini Black 110 XS USW (Sold)
Post #905733 30th May 2021 2:27pm
Slideywindows

England 
22900013A wrote:
I never did get married,no kids...been single 5 1/2 years now and just turned 40.So I guess I can kiss those dreams goodbye.

Well Dan, I've been through two long marriages.

The two worst financial decisions I ever made!

My advice is to try very hard to be "happily single". There are blessings in being single, as well as down-sides. Always appear upbeat, even when you don't feel it. No-one likes a misery.

A friend of mine found a woman by joining a local rambling group, so there are different things you can try apart from dating sites.

If ex's qualify for this thread, on the extreme left is one of them, pictured near Oslo.

Click image to enlarge

(Hmm, I might try that idea of standing outside Waitrose - because Haverhill Sainsburys hasn't been very productive! Laughing)
Post #905746 30th May 2021 5:50pm
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Sulisuli wrote:
Get yourself a husky puppy, stand outside your nearest Waitrose entrance and wait for the ladies to come and admire your puppy, puppies always tend to attract ladies and Waitrose clientele tend to be better off financially and the average age of the female shopper is 43. Obviously not all will be single Whistle
If after 6 months you haven’t had any success trade the puppy in for a younger model as they are at their cutest upto 6 months old.
Please take this post in the humour it is meant and remember a puppy is for life unlike a female partner Laughing

Click image to enlarge

Luckily got a very nice wife but I have to say I have more photos of my Labrador Puppy than my wife (as she really does not like having her photo taken).

So here’s the deal, I can supply a cute loveable Labrador puppy for a few quid on hire. Sulisuli is correct that they are a magnet to the ladies (and blokes as well come to that!)

Here’s the small print. Cassie has teeth like needles. I, my wife and Black Labrador Meg have the wounds to prove it. Don’t leave anything on the floor. It will either be destroyed or you will be taken on a 30 minute chase around the garden to retrieve it. She poo’s a lot. She wee’s a lot. She sleeps a lot. In fact she eats, sleeps, poo’s, wee’s and destroys things. That’s just about her life. Sadly she usually disgraces herself by pooing at the wrong times. Just as you try wooing your female admirer. Great chat up lines are ruined grabbing for the poop bag. I can supply these at extra cost Whistle

So puppy for hire. Limited deal only (because they grow up fast). You can ask, but you won’t be able to afford her. Can’t see my wife letting her go for any amount of money Laughing

As Suli says, don’t buy a Pup. It has done nothing but limit our social life not improve it.
Post #905759 30th May 2021 7:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 9 of 9 <123456789