↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > 2.2 engined puma being road tested
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
harveyg77

United Kingdom 
[quote="dgardel"]I didn't understand.........

Puma 2.2 and Puma 2.4 ARE THE SAME ENGINE!!![/quogreedgreed if it's a puma they're testing. But LR also used the DW12 PSA derived 2.2 TDCi in the Freelander and allegedly in the LRX.

Defender could be a test bed for Ikon or LRX. back in 99-02 Jaguar used to have a fleet of Mk2 Mondeos running 4x4 systems, V8s, the lot as test mules. Dropping PUMA engines from the next gen LR line-up would mean they've got all diesels from the same, latest generation family, wheras the puma is am older engine design which has been superceded in the Ford cars by the PSA derived units. Ford are also allegedly phasing down/out the 1.8 diesel lump which is even older.

It would seem crazy to redevelop an engine for the current Defender when they've only just done that already with the replacement of the TD5 with the 2.4. But who knows Wink

A Prius was scared by a Defender last night on the A52 and a BM 1-series learnt that a Defender can motor on. I opened her up on the way home and suprised them both :-0
Post #34281 12th Jun 2010 9:22am
Grockle

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
[quote="harveyg77"]
dgardel wrote:
I didn't understand.........

Puma 2.2 and Puma 2.4 ARE THE SAME ENGINE!!![/quogreedgreed if it's a puma they're testing. But LR also used the DW12 PSA derived 2.2 TDCi in the Freelander and allegedly in the LRX.

Defender could be a test bed for Ikon or LRX. back in 99-02 Jaguar used to have a fleet of Mk2 Mondeos running 4x4 systems, V8s, the lot as test mules. Dropping PUMA engines from the next gen LR line-up would mean they've got all diesels from the same, latest generation family, wheras the puma is am older engine design which has been superceded in the Ford cars by the PSA derived units. Ford are also allegedly phasing down/out the 1.8 diesel lump which is even older.

It would seem crazy to redevelop an engine for the current Defender when they've only just done that already with the replacement of the TD5 with the 2.4. But who knows Wink

A Prius was scared by a Defender last night on the A52 and a BM 1-series learnt that a Defender can motor on. I opened her up on the way home and suprised them both :-0

but you were on the wrong carriageway of the A52 harv Laughing 2.4 90 XS
1968 1/32 scale Britains 109 Pick up.
Post #34284 12th Jun 2010 9:34am
harveyg77

United Kingdom 
Texting whilst bladdered too Smile
Post #34299 12th Jun 2010 11:53am
Cibit

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
Sonic3d wrote:
I like POWER Very Happy i would rather an engine have too much power rather than too little as it makes for a more relaxing motor to drive.Rather than thrashing it to within an inch of its life.
Looking forward to the Dresden Breslau as we`ve been given this Hilux for 2 weeks Very Happy 3.0L and Auto could be a lot of Defender bits for sale upon my return Rolling with laughter

Leave off the jap crap dude and fit your DCPU with a V8 instead Thumbs Up

No one will talk to you in a freakin Toyota and what will you drive when they have another recall Rolling with laughter 59 2.4 110 XS Utility
55 TD5 110 CSW Special Vehicle
Post #34332 13th Jun 2010 12:07pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
discocuzzy

England 
Sonic it may have nice toys but mate........its a bloody horrid looking thing!!

I would rather have the underpower defender Thumbs Up You cannot teach stupid people to do clever things
Post #34339 13th Jun 2010 1:56pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
I'm going to place a quote from Rick which has been placed on the "Is it like this thread 2012 Defender" rather apt I think!

Thumbs Up

rick wrote:
I for one am really excited about the possibilities for the new Defender. If LR pull the plug altogether then we all own a piece of history that will always be cool. If on the other hand LR produce a more modern interpretation of the 110 (like a GWagen) then fantastic, hopefully something to look forward to. I just don't see much of a downside. In the meantime i will continue to totally enjoy my Defender today and let tomorrow happen when it happens.
Cheers,
Rick.

Good point excellently executed! If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #34345 13th Jun 2010 2:22pm
LR09WA

Australia 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
Sonic3d wrote:
I like POWER Very Happy i would rather an engine have too much power rather than too little as it makes for a more relaxing motor to drive.Rather than thrashing it to within an inch of its life.
Looking forward to the Dresden Breslau as we`ve been given this Hilux for 2 weeks Very Happy 3.0L and Auto could be a lot of Defender bits for sale upon my return Rolling with laughter

I bet you will spend a lot of time bogged and trying to get unstuck....... look at it this jap stuff not that good the wheel already fallen off...

Last edited by LR09WA on 14th Jun 2010 1:36am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #34347 13th Jun 2010 4:06pm
LR09WA

Australia 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
Shocked Shocked Shocked

Last edited by LR09WA on 14th Jun 2010 1:37am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #34348 13th Jun 2010 4:07pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Sonic,

You're no more getting rid of your Defender than I am a Chinaman! If you do I will remove my spare wheel and eat it!

Rolling with laughter If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #34349 13th Jun 2010 4:13pm
Higgers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
Sonic3d wrote:

GAY!!

(Budweiser powered slander)
Post #34358 13th Jun 2010 7:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Sonic3d

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Stornoway Grey
I personnally think it looks good but have not seen it in the flesh, as for getting bogged down with it i doubt it as there was one with us on the Crosier and it was very good offroad Thumbs Up
I think it will be perfect for our 2 weeks at the Dresden Breslau. K9F i hope you have a good appetite Laughing Im terrible for changing vehicles so get ready to eat some tyre Laughing
Post #34387 14th Jun 2010 8:42am
Sonic3d

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Stornoway Grey
discocuzzy wrote:
Sonic it may have nice toys but mate........its a bloody horrid looking thing!!

I would rather have the underpower defender Thumbs Up

What gives you the right to call it horrid, you bought a GAY PINK 110 with a dog kennel on the rear Rolling with laughter
Post #34388 14th Jun 2010 8:45am
discocuzzy

England 
It was still cooler than that thing!! You cannot teach stupid people to do clever things
Post #34418 14th Jun 2010 6:23pm
Setok

Finland 
I think we're forgetting the most important here: are they bringing back the air vents!? A Landy is only half a Landy without them, damnit.

Yes, I did actually try to squint at the photo to see Smile
Post #34425 14th Jun 2010 6:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123