↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Rust?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
ralton wrote:
what about the body?, i thought they were aluminium? - mine has a few stone chips just below the windscreen which are rusting!

Thats because the bulkhead is steel not aluminium as are the bonnet and doors now i think (which is ironic given the statement they are moving away from steel to ali...what again!)

Anyway...mines waxoyled - i didnt do the diffs/axle. It was in for some paint rectification and i pointed this out to them.

I will give guy salmon 10/10 - they wire brushed it down and waxoyled both axles ( i only asked about one) and a bit of the underneath for me.

They also commented that they could see I had spent a lot of time on there and it been well treated - which was nice - from their inspections. I personally planned a bit of touch up this summer before im happy for 2/3 years.

My rear NAS step however is shocking...its out of warranty by 6 months and rusting - I keep attacking it with waxoyl and underseal and we will see - but im really not impressed with it, we will see how long it lasts

Either way - im not sure they will last like my old 1985 v8!!! Oh and Land Rover dont treat surface corrosion underneath via warranty i was told - only serious corrosion (eg holes etc) they did it as a favour.

It worries me though - despite the protection mine has...but then my disco is starting to rust more than in any other years Mike
Post #30870 27th Apr 2010 6:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12