↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Finance & Insurance > Which Insurance company
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
TACK

Which Insurance company
Any one have the similar issue or similar circumstances as me insuring their vehicle, as I can’t find an insurer at a reasonable value, any suggestions based on below!?

Tesco say no after 7 years with them and NFU say too many points,Adrian Flux £1million pounds! Big Cry

7 years NCB
6 Points

New 110 utility
Winch

Thumbs Up
Post #28349 29th Mar 2010 10:50am
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Insurance!
Tack,

My insurance is just up for renewal imminently, each and every individual should search for a policy that tailors for their individual needs, normally I go with the flow and stay with the same company. However this year with all the money I spent on extras I wanted insurance to cover them. My company due to certain clauses will no longer insure me, NFU underwriters also no go as I work at an airfield. I used confused/compare and several other search facilities. In the end on a recommendation I rang Adrian Flux who were polite, courteous and will provide the cover I wish at reasonable cost. Lower than my current premium but not as low as RAC. Quite often you do not know on line what exactly you are getting (green laning/off roading etc.) best to speak to someone direct.
I don't really know what your individual issues are but at nearly half a century old with no points on my licence, 5 years no claims (my current insurers don't go higher than 5 years max) all extras declared, at todays price I would be paying £435.
I could be wrong but it must be the 6 points that is loading your premium. Why are Tescos suddenly saying 'no?' If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #28357 29th Mar 2010 2:05pm
Cibit

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
I got 6 points and am with NFU. Practically same costs for L/R as the 2002 Navavra. £400ish.

Sorry its not really much help but it proves it can be done.

Good Luck finding someone before your hols 59 2.4 110 XS Utility
55 TD5 110 CSW Special Vehicle
Post #28360 29th Mar 2010 2:27pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TACK

Cheers guys, tesco said no as when i declared the winch they asked why the winch? when i explained what green lanning was, this prompted the no Sad even after when i said ok dont insure me for greenlanning i was told no sorry to late, STAMP, rejected Big Cry

tried twice with NFU, its a no go. Adrian Flux looks not only the best but the only option at the moment, as Cibit has said Thumbs Up , I am off to France on Thursday so this is getting to be a pain. My 7 days free LR insurnace runs out tonight so got to sort it either way Banging Head reckon the 6 points is the min factor to why it is so expensive Big Cry
Post #28366 29th Mar 2010 2:57pm
K9F

Adrian Flux.
Adrian Flux was best for me too! Slightly more expensive than RAC but I know exactly what I'm getting and able to talk to them on the blower direct.
They do seem to cater for our (4x4) niche of the market. I don't think you'll be far wrong by going with them!

As Cibit said 'Good Luck!' I think you may be limited for options taking your iminent holiday into account unless you got loads o' spare time. Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #28368 29th Mar 2010 3:04pm
TACK

Funny that, cos i have come home to sort it out, taking fiking ages.

been throught all the insurnace comapies in land rover magazine, Lancaster insurance said your vehicle is too new Exclamation only insure older vehicles Confused

Just rang LR insurance, dont insure people who have points for driving while using phone Banging Head guy said its their policy, but went as far to say humourously not a problem if you drink drive Rolling Eyes

I was good until last year, now I am going to pay the price. if only i got the defner last year as i would never have used the phone cos i cant hear myself talking in the 110 and speeding, yeah right Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
Post #28369 29th Mar 2010 3:16pm
K9F

Somebody else mentioned 'The irony is that most insurance companies that advertise in most of the 4x4 magazines don't cover you for off-roading or green laning!"

Big Cry If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #28372 29th Mar 2010 4:27pm
ken

United Kingdom 
Even more stupid is that a Green lane is a road really
Post #28377 29th Mar 2010 6:23pm
TACK

Tried everyone I can think off, 3 companies 1 being sureterm said becasue the vehicle is worth over £25k they cant ensure me. lots of compaines just dont list a 110 utility so thats that Evil or Very Mad

You guys must be getting insured either cos you being good boys with no points Whistle and or you are not mentioning green laning when getting quoted Question

or just much older Rolling with laughter thats ones better to digest for me anyway Laughing
Post #28379 29th Mar 2010 6:33pm
mrwoo

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Epsom Green
TACK wrote:
Tried everyone I can think off, 3 companies 1 being sureterm said becasue the vehicle is worth over £25k they cant ensure me. lots of compaines just dont list a 110 utility so thats that Evil or Very Mad

You guys must be getting insured either cos you being good boys with no points Whistle and or you are not mentioning green laning when getting quoted Question

or just much older Rolling with laughter thats ones better to digest for me anyway Laughing

Try Swinton Commerical, you must ensure it is insured as a commercial rather than just a 110 or estate like some companies do.

http://www.swinton.co.uk/commercial/van/
Post #28384 29th Mar 2010 7:28pm
mick

England 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Rimini Red
Had the D3 and now have the D4 insured with the NFU as Ken says green lanes are no problem with NFU as they class them as roads going to give them a try when the 130 arrives as youget 2 years new for old and now i am a member should get more discount.
Post #28386 29th Mar 2010 8:00pm
TACK

Thumbs Up Mrwoo will bell them in the morning.
Post #28393 29th Mar 2010 9:23pm
stevie d

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 90 Td5 SW Alpine White
I found NFU very good. Insured Defender recently £300ish per annum. They gave me 7 years no claims as 3rd car.

Have you tried one of their local offices/ plenty of them, speak to an individual. At least you will get a proper answer.

Good luck Thumbs Up

Steve Defender 90 TD5 Station Wagon
Discovery 3 HSE
BMW 330i Coupe
Post #28395 29th Mar 2010 9:43pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Knot Yet

England 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
We have the D3 with NFU and the Defender 2 with Swiftcover - both have been good but then we have never claimed Defender 110 Puma Utility XS
Post #28412 30th Mar 2010 7:46am
TACK

knot yet, do you delcare the green lanning or any mods to swiftcover?
Post #28415 30th Mar 2010 8:52am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>