Home > Technical > Which ABS system does a 2011 90 have
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
martinfiattech

England 
Which ABS system does a 2011 90 have
Afternoon all,

I decided to have a play with our diagnostic kits at work to see what will and won`t talk to the defender, I only selected transit on the wabco kit as the others have all killed an ecu or two if you get clever with them
The TRW ID was very poor when landrover defender selected with engine only displayed,
The ldv kit was to out of date but gave eobd or td5 ,
The fiat examiner kit did go into the engine if you called it a ducato 2.2.
Our WABCO W EASY does not list landrover but if you call it a transit it goes off looking for everything, it can`t find the 10AS unit it tried the instrument cluster but protocol comms issue was displayed so left that
It did show up a stored error in the ABS unit low battery voltage 11.91 vdc . not present and cleared ok

According to the defender 2007 onwards workshop manual and wiring diagram as the link pops up on here for all to use the vehicle is fitted with wabco abs common to the ldv convoy.

But mine looks like a bosch abs 8 unit I wonder if I`am right in my thinking and if so does anyone have a wiring diagram for it, I have it for fiat ducato with and with out vsc / asr.
If it`s a bosch are all there systems the same I`ve noticed some of the fiats and ldv maxus`s which run this system are the same pinout wise if you chose none vsc /asr.

any info would be nice

martin.. Excuse the spelling I`am better with spanners and wires.
Post #326467 27th Apr 2014 6:14pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
2008 XS 90 Wabco....It's labelled on the unit itself. If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #326483 27th Apr 2014 7:10pm
bell-auto-services

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
BA chassis number has a Bosch with a puma 2.4 CAN protocol
CA chassis number has the same Bosch unit but with some slightly different puma 2.2 CAN protocol.

The BA puma with the Bosch unit was only produced for its last year of production as a 2.4 puma before it moved over to the 2.2.

Pete
Post #326820 28th Apr 2014 9:13pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
martinfiattech

England 
Thanks,

It looked like a bosch unit but I could`ent see it written on it, our wabco tester gave lots of ecu data but would`ent tell me what it really is.
Mine is on a BA chassis number registered in july 2011
Do you know if its bosch 8 abs as I would like use the wiring diagrams I have for future reference, as at some point something is going to go wrong after all.
If it is I will happily place them on here for others to use as they see fit...

martin

Ah yes your right had good look today if you have a good look down the right hand side of the unit you can see the word bosch printed on the unit you might need a good torch if its mucky .

thanks again Excuse the spelling I`am better with spanners and wires.
Post #326907 29th Apr 2014 8:21am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1