↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Traction Control Switch
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
BigMike

United Kingdom 
Mine is a MY10. If I start the engine, pulse the brake quickly ten times right away, the abs and tc lights stay on for 10 seconds and both are disabled until the next engine cycle. I have done this lots of times and can categorically say that it works.
Post #82014 26th Jul 2011 2:47pm
Shax

England 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
BigMike wrote:
Mine is a MY10. If I start the engine, pulse the brake quickly ten times right away, the abs and tc lights stay on for 10 seconds and both are disabled until the next engine cycle. I have done this lots of times and can categorically say that it works.

So it's engine started, and then 10x stamp on the brake, and not just ignition on and stamp?
I know I'll forget to check this in the morning, so a confirmation on here would be well appreciated.. ... ,-------,
.. I [__][_]|__
.. I __ |"_|"__|
.. "(o)====(o)"
^^_-^-_^-^_^^^^^--^^^^
PAUL
G7ALW 14.200 USB
26FB458 / 27.275 SSB
Post #82089 27th Jul 2011 12:07am
FG

Sweden 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
I've just tried it on my 2009 90 sw and can confirm it works. Thumbs Up
/FG
Post #82130 27th Jul 2011 11:25am
Naks

South Africa 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
FG wrote:
I've just tried it on my 2009 90 sw and can confirm it works. Thumbs Up

Tried that on my 2010 90, doesn't work --
2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
2015 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ
Post #82147 27th Jul 2011 12:33pm
pjw4233

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
Also tried on my 2011 90, it didn't work so I guess it's a switch for me
Post #82158 27th Jul 2011 1:06pm
Shax

England 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Shax wrote:
BigMike wrote:

So it's engine started, and then 10x stamp on the brake, and not just ignition on and stamp?
I know I'll forget to check this in the morning, so a confirmation on here would be well appreciated..

Just tried it on my 2010...
Ignition on, stamp away and viola, no TC or ABS!!
Here's a piccie of what the lights on the dash look like after the stampathon!

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  ... ,-------,
.. I [__][_]|__
.. I __ |"_|"__|
.. "(o)====(o)"
^^_-^-_^-^_^^^^^--^^^^
PAUL
G7ALW 14.200 USB
26FB458 / 27.275 SSB
Post #82399 28th Jul 2011 6:10pm
Def-00

United Arab Emirates 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Fuji White
Sorry for the late reply. Just got the defender back with the switch fitted at the dealership.

post my11 defenders cannot have a switch run through the fuse box they had to wire it through the ecu, press the switch abs tc and parking brake light up, press again lights go off and tc and abs are engaged. (750 AED and you lose warranty on the traction control and abs driveline.)

2012 Fuji White 110 Flattened
Post #91469 26th Sep 2011 11:07pm
pom

the disco 3+ hill descent control (TC)is amazing, it will let you drive safely down a very steep compacted snow/ice covered road.

You control the speed of the abs by using the cruise control buttons. Brilliant bit of kit when its working...

Pom
Post #91495 27th Sep 2011 8:48am
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
pom wrote:
the disco 3+ hill descent control (TC)is amazing, it will let you drive safely down a very steep compacted snow/ice covered road.

You control the speed of the abs by using the cruise control buttons. Brilliant bit of kit when its working...

Pom

So is terrain response Whistle Mike
Post #91636 27th Sep 2011 7:17pm
ZeDefender

Germany 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Baltic Blue
Shax wrote:
Shax wrote:
BigMike wrote:

I know I'll forget to check this in the morning, so a confirmation on here would be well appreciated..

Doesnt seem to work on my MY11 Sad

Sorry to be thick, but how long do you wait when the ignition's on (engine running?) before stamping and how fast do you stamp.
Cheers,
Matt Tell someone you love them today because life is short.
But shout it at them in German because life is also terrifying and confusing...
Post #91911 29th Sep 2011 2:03pm
4wheeler

Australia 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Chawton White
ZeDefender wrote:
Shax wrote:
Shax wrote:
BigMike wrote:

Sorry to be thick, but how long do you wait when the ignition's on (engine running?) before stamping and how fast do you stamp.
Cheers,
Matt

Matt,
I have tried it on my Oct 07 Puma and it seems to disable the ABS and Traction Control. I turned on the ignition, started the engine and started pumping the brake pedal straight away at a rate of two pumps per second. All 10 pumping actions were completed within 5 seconds. The ABS and TC warning lights then stayed on until I switched the engine off.
With any luck I will see how it goes next weekend as I will be doing some sand driving in a semi desert area in northern Victoria which has a few soft dunes to negotiate. Depends on work though. I'll try the soft dunes with and without TC and see what happens.
Post #92187 1st Oct 2011 1:29am
ZeDefender

4wheeler wrote:
ZeDefender wrote:
Shax wrote:
Shax wrote:
BigMike wrote:

Cheers,
Matt

Matt,
I have tried it on my Oct 07 Puma and it seems to disable the ABS and Traction Control. I turned on the ignition, started the engine and started pumping the brake pedal straight away at a rate of two pumps per second. All 10 pumping actions were completed within 5 seconds. The ABS and TC warning lights then stayed on until I switched the engine off.
With any luck I will see how it goes next weekend as I will be doing some sand driving in a semi desert area in northern Victoria which has a few soft dunes to negotiate. Depends on work though. I'll try the soft dunes with and without TC and see what happens.

Many thanks - think I may have been too slow (or LR have changed the firmware...)
Off to try it now Wink
Post #92196 1st Oct 2011 8:42am
Def-00

ZeDefender wrote:
think I may have been too slow (or LR have changed the firmware...)

Didn't work for me as that's why i went for the switch. LR said it's the post my11 defenders that changed regarding this. In addition you are no longer to create a splice in the fuse box... TC has been moved into the ecu.

Anyway tried it out yesterday in the desert, beautiful doesn't struggle when it reaches the top of the sandy dunes.

2012 Fuji White 110 Flattened
Post #92291 2nd Oct 2011 8:04am
ZeDefender

Def-00 wrote:
ZeDefender wrote:
think I may have been too slow (or LR have changed the firmware...)

Didn't work for me as that's why i went for the switch. LR said it's the post my11 defenders that changed regarding this. In addition you are no longer to create a splice in the fuse box... TC has been moved into the ecu.

Anyway tried it out yesterday in the desert, beautiful doesn't struggle when it reaches the top of the sandy dunes.

Hi Def-00
Aha - that's why I can't do it! Wondering about this mod too as we get really deep snow in Bavaria.
Just to grab this opportunity - a quick "ambush" question (off topic - sorry Whistle ). Do you ever find changing up from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd gear a bit rough, e.g. a bit hard to get into 2nd and a bit of a "kick" before it goes into 3rd? I'm trying to gather info for several members (especially me) Wink

Many thanks,
Post #92294 2nd Oct 2011 9:39am
Def-00

ZeDefender wrote:
Do you ever find changing up from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd gear a bit rough, e.g. a bit hard to get into 2nd and a bit of a "kick" before it goes into 3rd? I'm trying to gather info for several members (especially me) Wink

Many thanks,
Matt

Yes I do, I found out it's a matter of changing my driving style and completely submitting to the gearbox. I read on replies to you about nudging the gear out and into the next without using the clutch, that's what I do but while using the clutch, I'll push lightly until it pops in by itself. Happens with 2nd to 3rd and back down sometimes. I don't usually use first on the road just offroad or tight steep underground parking. Oh and if the gear doesn't go in smoothly I had a few occaisons where it would pop out once I release the clutch. Good luck with getting more info from the other members, hope this helps in anyway. 2012 Fuji White 110 Flattened
Post #92333 2nd Oct 2011 9:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>