↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > 2.2 Spin-on oil filter...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
Advanced Factors
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 1994 Defender 90 V8 Petrol SW Corris Grey
At present I believe JLR filters are supplied mostly by Wix & Mahle (No volume manufacturer picks just one supplier). I have spoken with both of them and they are unaware of this filter, so either it's another supplier or it is locked into JLR at present. Paul Redding
+44 (0)23 8052 2760
www.advancedfactors.co.uk
Site Sponsor for Aftermarket Parts
Post #285878 28th Nov 2013 7:34am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
not the news you want to hear but I'd USE the loan car as much as you can knowing yours is not having the wear and tear it would otherwise.

it all beggars belief....hope you get sorted soon.

Thumbs Up
Post #285880 28th Nov 2013 7:49am
Rick81

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Galway Green
I did ask whether Jaguar may be a possible source but apparently they use a different one. I had an update yesterday, apparently Land Rovers national technical manager and head of parts operations are aware of "the problem", but do not have a solution at present.....
Post #285881 28th Nov 2013 7:50am
Rick81

That was my initial intention Caterham but the loan one is an XS and I do not want it to get too filthy in side - mine is a county with seat covers, it gets used for shooting and deer management so although it does not get recreationally off-roaded it does get dirty and smelly inside as well as out. I just do not think it would be fair to hand the demonstrator back like that (the seat covers and mats on my own one keep the interior in perfect nick...)
Post #285883 28th Nov 2013 8:01am
WelshGas

Wales 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
I think you are being too kind to Land Rover and the dealer. If they had given you a RR Discovery I might agree with you but they gave you a Defender, and Defenders do what they do. They will just have to valet it well on return. Their problem not yours. Whistle LANDYWATCH

Neighbourhood Watch for Land Rover Owners

http://www.landywatch.co.uk/smf2/index.php
Post #285974 28th Nov 2013 1:50pm
roel

Netherlands 2003 Defender 90 Td5 PU Caledonian Blue
I would have taken the RR and going on an Europeen tour. Mr. Green Roel

1984 90 2.5 na Diesel - RR V8 (1994-2001)
1997 Camel Trophy Discovery 300TDI (2001-2009)
2005 G4 Discovery III 4.4 V8 (2008-2018) It's gone but it still hurts.
2003 90 Td5 (2009-now)
Post #285975 28th Nov 2013 1:53pm
Dave-H

England 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Tonga Green
Rick81 wrote:
That was my initial intention Caterham but the loan one is an XS and I do not want it to get too filthy in side - mine is a county with seat covers, it gets used for shooting and deer management so although it does not get recreationally off-roaded it does get dirty and smelly inside as well as out. I just do not think it would be fair to hand the demonstrator back like that (the seat covers and mats on my own one keep the interior in perfect nick...)

I'm also a shooter ....When mine was off the road for 6 weeks they gave me a new Discovery with 700 miles on the clock .......... That went back with the load area splattered in blood and muck, and generally is a filthy state inside and out. Sales staff didnt batter an eyelid Laughing Guns and Landrovers .... anything else is irrelevant.
Post #285980 28th Nov 2013 2:28pm
Rick81

I do feel the "make them pay" sentiment but in truth I feel so very unhappy and let down by the whole laughable saga. I don't want to lower myself to the level of abusing a vehicle that is not mine, however badly I have been treated. It would be nice for land rover to offer some sort of compensation but frankly they do not seem to give a f**k about it.... The service manager at the dealers is keeping me informed and I have asked for a basic spec 90 that they have as this will be more suitable for my needs at the moment.

As of today still no more answers, all in all very poor, I have had my new land rover for six weeks now, but for nearly two of them it has been in the dealers, frankly I wish I had not bothered and bought something else...
Post #286110 28th Nov 2013 9:09pm
Cuthbert

Dave-H wrote:
...they gave me a new Discovery with 700 miles on the clock .......... That went back with the load area splattered in blood and muck, and generally is a filthy state inside and out. Sales staff didnt batter an eyelid Laughing

I can believe the sales staff wouldn't have batted an eyelid as they stood about in their pristine corporate shirts ...... but I'll wager the valet on a minimum wage wasn't impressed as he cleaned up your blood splattered mess.

p.s. How do you treat your customer's Defenders? On the other hand maybe I'd rather not know.
Post #286136 28th Nov 2013 10:06pm
Cuthbert

Rick81 wrote:
I do feel the "make them pay" sentiment but in truth I feel so very unhappy and let down by the whole laughable saga. I don't want to lower myself to the level of abusing a vehicle that is not mine, however badly I have been treated. It would be nice for land rover to offer some sort of compensation but frankly they do not seem to give a f**k about it.... The service manager at the dealers is keeping me informed and I have asked for a basic spec 90 that they have as this will be more suitable for my needs at the moment.

As of today still no more answers, all in all very poor, I have had my new land rover for six weeks now, but for nearly two of them it has been in the dealers, frankly I wish I had not bothered and bought something else...

A really disappointing tale, almost verging on unbelievable and reminiscent of a 1970's British Leyland approach to customer service. I'm very interested in what is causing a problem in the Land Rover supply chain - is it a materials shortage on the world market, quality issues or are Land Rover having cash flow problems and can't pay their suppliers on time?
Post #286137 28th Nov 2013 10:10pm
Rick81

Yes, while talking to a very good pal today I said that if you wrote it (other than here) no one would believe you! And frankly it would be laughable if it didn't feel so s**t!
Post #286139 28th Nov 2013 10:17pm
Dave-H

Cuthbert wrote:

I can believe the sales staff wouldn't have batted an eyelid as they stood about in their pristine corporate shirts ...... but I'll wager the valet on a minimum wage wasn't impressed as he cleaned up your blood splattered mess.

p.s. How do you treat your customer's Defenders? On the other hand maybe I'd rather not know.

I did tell them when they forced it on me that i needed a Defender as it was used very much 'In Role' ..... their reply was simply "no problem sir, Use it exactly as you would your own" - so i did Smile

Customer's Defenders/Discos get treated extremely well ... i only see them in my working environment, not used as my shooting hack/mud plugga/ weekend toy Rolling Eyes Guns and Landrovers .... anything else is irrelevant.
Post #286225 29th Nov 2013 10:40am
Cuthbert

I was hoping that by close of play on a Friday night, someone from Land Rover customer care might have stepped in and delivered a solution. How difficult is it to get the man an oil filter?

C'mon Land Rover is this the best you can do?
Post #286374 29th Nov 2013 9:30pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
If engines are bought in complete then it sounds more like an issue with a supplier supplying the wrong elements to start with and either it wasn't picked up at QA or they decided to accept and swap out at a later date.
Post #286636 30th Nov 2013 9:32pm
Dave-H

What about the spin on cartridge for a recent Ford Ranger?

That's a variation of the Puma engine - could be the same filter?? Guns and Landrovers .... anything else is irrelevant.
Post #286643 30th Nov 2013 9:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>