↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Sump problem!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
I've just booked mine in to have a leaking rear diff pinion seal replaced and a water leak into the drivers footwell investigated. When I asked what their policy was regarding the sump issue they said they were not aware of any nor of the tech bulletin - here we go thinks I Rolling Eyes

I shall be printing the bulletin off and taking it with me when I deliver the vehicle.
Post #2212 29th May 2008 11:02am
TJ101

Isle Of Man 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Steve, unless you are going to extreme !! off road it, i would not bother,,

Just put 2500 miles on mine, after the pan swap, and guess what, darn thing is weeping,, Rolling Eyes booked in for the job to be fixed !! California F1, 75th 110 "Kermit", 50th Ann V8, 90 V8 Hybrid, 55 Series 1

Main Brian James Trailer Dealer for South West UK
Post #2213 29th May 2008 11:12am
Happyoldgit

I did wonder Tim. I do use it off-road and sometimes in tricky situations - just how extreme has it got to be before they make contact?
Post #2215 29th May 2008 1:03pm
TJ101

£1,000,000 question Steve,, how extreme is extreme Question

Got mine done after only a tad of "discussion" California F1, 75th 110 "Kermit", 50th Ann V8, 90 V8 Hybrid, 55 Series 1

Post #2216 29th May 2008 1:23pm
Happyoldgit

'Dicussion' oh yes - ain't that usually the way with LR!
Post #2217 29th May 2008 1:45pm
TJ101

Miserableolgit wrote:
'Dicussion' oh yes - ain't that usually the way with LR!

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Laughing California F1, 75th 110 "Kermit", 50th Ann V8, 90 V8 Hybrid, 55 Series 1

Post #2218 29th May 2008 1:51pm
Verdone

Belgium 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Java Black
lets just put it this way, when u hit a bump u didnt see at a good speed u hit it, and u wont miss the sound Wink

Mine is battered but still not broken, dealer says they cant get the sumps as of yet Big Cry Question
Post #2220 29th May 2008 6:34pm
TJ101

Will check the invoice i got for the pan, and post the LR part number California F1, 75th 110 "Kermit", 50th Ann V8, 90 V8 Hybrid, 55 Series 1

Post #2221 29th May 2008 7:28pm
Japseroony

England 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Verdone wrote:
Mine is battered but still not broken, dealer says they cant get the sumps as of yet Big Cry Question

Very strange, just had mine in and replaced this week. When I showed the dealer the bulletin they came back with the answer "thats only for left hand drive" but when I pressed them they rang LR service devision and they said that it now applied to right hand drive but it all depended on the VIN number so replaced mine FOC under warranty.

Also replaced was the common rail unit, fuel pump and valve along with the fuel tank breather. Apparently LR have stated that the breather is in the wrong place and as a result mine had sucked in some water/muck and caused a loss of power and lots of black smoke etc which is why I took it into the dealer.

They also replaced the break pads as thet were making a clicking noise due to them being loose in the callipers (another common problem) Shocked

Anyway, got her back and almost a free service as a result of all of the above Smile
Post #2235 29th May 2008 11:26pm
Verdone

Japseroony wrote:
Verdone wrote:

Very strange, just had mine in and replaced this week. When I showed the dealer the bulletin they came back with the answer "thats only for left hand drive" but when I pressed them they rang LR service devision and they said that it now applied to right hand drive but it all depended on the VIN number so replaced mine FOC under warranty.

Also replaced was the common rail unit, fuel pump and valve along with the fuel tank breather. Apparently LR have stated that the breather is in the wrong place and as a result mine had sucked in some water/muck and caused a loss of power and lots of black smoke etc which is why I took it into the dealer.

They also replaced the break pads as thet were making a clicking noise due to them being loose in the callipers (another common problem) Shocked

Anyway, got her back and almost a free service as a result of all of the above Smile

Ive been waiting a good few monts now and they keep insisting its on back order, ive made it very clear that i do "play" with my defender and that its not used for onroad only (where u wont have to worry about the sump) .

Last week i went in for my window who fell in my door and i asked again and they keep saying that same thing so Whistle

Greetings Verdone
Post #2237 30th May 2008 7:31am
TJ101

Guys,, the LR part number for the Pan assy that was booked to me was

LLR007598 UK LIST £30.90 + VAT California F1, 75th 110 "Kermit", 50th Ann V8, 90 V8 Hybrid, 55 Series 1

Post #2238 30th May 2008 8:18am
Japseroony

England 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Verdone wrote:
Japseroony wrote:
Verdone wrote:

Ive been waiting a good few monts now and they keep insisting its on back order, ive made it very clear that i do "play" with my defender and that its not used for onroad only (where u wont have to worry about the sump) .

Last week i went in for my window who fell in my door and i asked again and they keep saying that same thing so Whistle

Greetings Verdone

All I can say is give them a hard time over this and they will sort it Rolling Eyes
Post #2240 30th May 2008 9:58am
Happyoldgit

Japseroony wrote:

All I can say is give them a hard time over this and they will sort it Rolling Eyes

Which is all too often the story with Land Rover Rolling Eyes
Post #2241 30th May 2008 11:54am
Verdone

Japseroony wrote:
Verdone wrote:
Japseroony wrote:
Verdone wrote:

Greetings Verdone

Its just redicilous i gotta give them a hard time, its their Censored job to put a new sump underneath it but i'll wait a month or so again, let the anger boil inside of me and then when the sump goes bang so will the dealer Rolling with laughter
Post #2244 30th May 2008 4:24pm
Happyoldgit

No, they will just sit there, take the crap you dish out and then forget all about it. The smiles and helpfulness only lasts up until you have signed the purchase agreement and handed over the cash! Rolling Eyes
Post #2245 30th May 2008 4:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>