↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > What Did You Do In Your Defender Today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 738 of 1371 <123 ... 737738739 ... 136913701371>
Print this entire topic · 
Lou Sparts

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Fitted a new headlight switch as the old one packed up a couple of days ago, that's two in four years which isn't bad considering I run 90/100 watt bulbs.

Time for some relays methinks. 2005 Td5 90 XS

Steve
Post #360136 25th Sep 2014 7:24pm
david mitchell

Ireland 2003 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Visited the national ploughing championships and saw the following

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #360219 25th Sep 2014 11:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jimbob7

Fitted new rear mudflaps (Bearmach,£13 for 2 delivered Thumbs Up ).FYI.6.5mm drill bit to get the riv-nuts out then bolted the new un's back in.See how long they last. Pov.spec,ftw. 2006, 110,TD5.
Post #360267 26th Sep 2014 12:02pm
JWL

England 2002 Defender 110 Td5 SW Coniston Green
I lost a front mudflap at the end of July, not so much lost it, it just gave up and fell off on an off road site. No problems I thought, I'll put the other one on as I bought a pair a couple of years ago and the one that broke was the other. I got home, looked in the garage and laid my hands on the second, even though it was still in its plastic bag it had cracked open along the slight crease where it had sat on a shelf for two years. Yes, the colour of the bag was blue Rolling Eyes
I had noticed on one of the roundabouts in town at the end of June that there was a front mudflap from a Defender sat on one of the little filter islands before the main roundabout so the next time I went to town I made my way to the island and it was still there! So two months after I'd first spotted it I picked it up, all that had happened was the metal bracket had broken off, the mud flap was fine and an original LR one, so fixings cut off and it's now fixed to mine.
So even with a 2 year warranty, a certain company's products can still only last that long while sitting on a shelf!
Post #360273 26th Sep 2014 12:22pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Following on from my thread the other day finished this off today with a bit of Dinitrol.
Made the bracket from scratch, wired in the socket and sealed it properly and carefully greased inside. Just left the very small drain hole open on the very bottom.

Click image to enlarge

As you can see it's got LED tests ligts on it which is useful. The example in the photo is the hazard flash.
Also added another extra earth and its cured my issues on dash.
The trailer light flash keeps up with the indicator flash on the dash nearly exactly the same time now where it was lagging.
Also had 0.26 resistance in the earth as standard which obviously was not helping and now it's about 0.1 as it's got a twin earth now.

Very Happy
Post #360278 26th Sep 2014 12:37pm
jimbob7

JWL wrote:
I lost a front mudflap at the end of July, not so much lost it, it just gave up and fell off on an off road site. No problems I thought, I'll put the other one on as I bought a pair a couple of years ago and the one that broke was the other. I got home, looked in the garage and laid my hands on the second, even though it was still in its plastic bag it had cracked open along the slight crease where it had sat on a shelf for two years. Yes, the colour of the bag was blue Rolling Eyes
I had noticed on one of the roundabouts in town at the end of June that there was a front mudflap from a Defender sat on one of the little filter islands before the main roundabout so the next time I went to town I made my way to the island and it was still there! So two months after I'd first spotted it I picked it up, all that had happened was the metal bracket had broken off, the mud flap was fine and an original LR one, so fixings cut off and it's now fixed to mine.
So even with a 2 year warranty, a certain company's products can still only last that long while sitting on a shelf!

Yeah,I'm not holding my breath tbh,just couldn't resist the price,lol. Pov.spec,ftw. 2006, 110,TD5.
Post #360311 26th Sep 2014 3:42pm
Venomator

United Kingdom 
Have been really unhappy advertising for nowt with a branded spare wheel cover... Shocked

Sorted that today... Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

And while I was messing with my back end, fitted some pretty nifty plug 'n play LED stop & tail units... Whistle

Click image to enlarge

Much happier bunny with my prettier (and more visible at night) rear end now... Mr. Green  Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

MY2016 Urban Truck Build Thread - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic40548....al[/color]
Post #360358 26th Sep 2014 7:33pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Those are Wipac's aren't they?
Try and get the rest, the LED lights are really good.
I have the RDX's one's and they are excellent.
Post #360363 26th Sep 2014 7:46pm
Venomator

United Kingdom 
They are indeed Wipacs and excellent value for the price... Thumbs Up

Just about to press the button on the indicator jobs from FlatDog for similar money per unit... Mr. Green
 Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

MY2016 Urban Truck Build Thread - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic40548....al[/color]
Post #360366 26th Sep 2014 7:51pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
I'm sure the Wipac lights are good but I'd recommend you go for the RDX indicator relay.
Not saying this just because it's what I have but generally it's thought of as the better option for the relay due to the trailer light side of things.
The RDX relay does eactly what it claims to do, I tow on a regular basis and it works for that as expected too.
Post #360381 26th Sep 2014 8:35pm
Venomator

United Kingdom 
Thanks for the pointers Steve, I think... Bow down

I have just ordered the indicator set and RDX relay from BoB... Big Cry

Appreciate your advice based on experience... Mr. Green
 Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

Post #360402 26th Sep 2014 10:11pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Thumbs Up
Two options are either RDX lighting set and RDX relay or Wipac light set and RDX relay.
Either option you will be pleased.

Thumbs Up
Post #360403 26th Sep 2014 10:23pm
Venomator

United Kingdom 
Thumbs Up

I went for RDX for both... Mr. Green
 Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

Post #360404 26th Sep 2014 10:26pm
Stickleback

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
So, today have booked car in at Simmonites for LEd lights, upgraded bulbs in headlamps, swing-away rear wheel carrier, new sporty steering wheel, and most importantly, WAXOYL treatment. Very Happy

Hopefully truck will last longer now and also see/be seen when its dark.

On the way back, called at local car handwash, and got car washed. can confirm car leaks from around drivers door window seal and the passenger side door seal just about everywhere. I actually got wet sat in the car when the guy was pointing the pressure jet at the passenger door. Ho hum... just normal I guess.
Post #360486 27th Sep 2014 12:45pm
Inigo

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Finally (as in 3 years later) managed to fit my spotlights (as it needed A bar, which needed winch bumper and winch, etc).

Click image to enlarge
Post #360493 27th Sep 2014 1:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 738 of 1371 <123 ... 737738739 ... 136913701371>