↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > Kelly@LandRover
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
No need to be rude guys, check out Liam and Kelly's involvement on my other forums to see that they do get results.  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #224156 2nd Apr 2013 6:15pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pam W

England 1998 Defender 90 Td5 SW Auto Oslo Blue
CR wrote:

Can you ask your Design Director why he puts out the lie that the DC100 project got over 90% positive feedback online ? Laughing
as anybody who followed it knows it was about 10% positive and 90% negative.
CR

Would depend what question was asked and to whom online. Like most poll initiators, they will ask the question in the way that will provide the "correct" answer!

If LR asked me if I liked it then I'd say, yes, as I don't mind the look of the DC100 but as a soft roader / lifestyle car. Like when the original Freelander came out, that is what it was.

However, if you asked me could/should this car replace the current Defender I'd answer an emphatic NO! - due to it not being a proper workhorse you can take to bits, add things.

By having Kelly here, maybe it is an indication that LR are interested, but I don't see the point in surveys about peripheral things like in car media (in reality just a selling point to the luxury car market)- we need to be asked what we want and need the Defender to do as a whole vehicle. Perhaps that will come soon. Wink Our blog - http://landytravels.com/

Yorkshire Off Road Club - http://www.yorkshireoffroadclub.net
Post #224157 2nd Apr 2013 6:15pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
These surveys are not the sole purpose of LR Customer Relations being on the forum, the fact the surveys have appeared at the same time as LRCR started on Defender2 is a coincidence. As I said, look the involvement on the other forums.  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #224160 2nd Apr 2013 6:18pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Kelly,

good morning. been a wee bit busy and only just noticed your response in terms of putting together a team to help LR with production - I'm down for QC. thank you. are the contracts in the post for my my position ?

Very Happy

John,

re; your car reving to 2k on gear changes have you checked the clutch sensor? electrical connection if I remeber rightly on the side of the clutch master cylinder.
Post #224300 3rd Apr 2013 9:19am
spudfan

Ireland 
Kelly,if Land Rover put the same effort in to their vehicles as you put into your replies it would solve a lot of existing problems. Your correct spelling, punctuation, grammatically correct sentences etc really adds a bit of class to our humble forum. At least this shows that Land Rover are taking an interest, if somewhat belatedly,in their customers.
Below is a case where a member is having difficulty getting something as simple as a code for his radio.
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic19434.html
This is a simple exercise but not where Land Rover is concerned. Perhaps you could get this problem attended to for our member?
Anyway Welcome Thumbs Up 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #224432 3rd Apr 2013 8:53pm
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 
Hi all,

Hope you all are well.

John Baron and Bob Neville,

I have had a response from technical support regarding the issue with the revs at gear change, please see below.

1 The Service Action Q205 for the Turbo hose is only for the vin range LD412051 – LD428173 so if the customers vehicle is not in this range then it is not effected.

2 If there was a concern with the amount of gearbox oil in the gearbox or any other concerns with the assembly of the vehicle then there will have been a communication sent out to ensure the effected vehicles can be rectified.

3 The engine rev's to 2000 rpm when changing gear as this smooths out the gear change and improves driveability.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Kelly
Post #224529 4th Apr 2013 10:53am
bob neville

Spain 2001 Defender 90 Td5 SW Epsom Green
Thanks Kelly.

The 2000rpm on overrun is OK (just) it is when the ECU randomly decides that 2500+ rpm is better that the issues start Shocked

As the vehicle is only a couple of weeks old I put it down to it being tight but if it continues after a few months I will get the dealers to have a look.

Cheers

Bob 2015 Jaguar XE240 R Sport - goes like ....... !!
2013 Defender 90 CSW - sold
2009 Defender 110 Double Cab - sold
2001 TD5 90 CSW - offroad project - sold to a forum member
2011 Porsche Boxster - for the sunny days !
Post #224559 4th Apr 2013 12:20pm
big steve

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Montalcino Red
Hi and welcome Kelly

iv just stumbles across this looks very interesting ? and very good Thumbs Up

steve 2015 2.2 tdci hardtop xs
3.2 conversion DONE 238bhp and 707nm torque and thats just the start ;-P
hybrid turbo in build -done ready to fit
ashcroft atb in transfer box
6 speed auto in build
Post #224596 4th Apr 2013 4:16pm
spudfan

Ireland 
Quick PM to Kelly last night and a PM received this morning to tell me that it was sorted. Thumbs Up 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #224601 4th Apr 2013 4:30pm
Birdy

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
“Your correct spelling”

Kelly’s spell-chequer did at least pick up the original “… some of the ideas which may find there way into our vehicles”.

Peter
Post #224612 4th Apr 2013 5:43pm
LR90XS2011

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
Re: Kelly@LandRover
Kelly@LandRover wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just want to quickly introduce myself.

My name is Kelly and I am joining this forum as a Social Media Executive for Land Rover UK. I am really keen to get stuck in and do what I can to help with any queries or concerns you may have. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,
Kelly

Hi Kelly
its good to have a direct link into LR and I hope you enjoy your role
all the best Rob DEFENDER 90 TDCI XS,

I hope everyone is well and your land rovers make you happy
Post #224616 4th Apr 2013 5:55pm
JSG

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Hi Kelly,

Welcome to the forum - this sounds a positive move to me. Lots of Defender experience on here (good and bad) along with some odd ideas for ripping apart and rebuilding a great vehicle into a tart's handbag Rolling with laughter

Cheers,
John John

http://www.hampshire4x4response.co.uk

2011 Tdci 110 CSW XS
Post #224858 5th Apr 2013 3:07pm
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
farmer giles wrote:

miserableoldgit - base models

Rolling with laughter

But please sir, my last few Defenders have been XS's, albeit generally littered with hay, straw, muck, feathers, dog & horse hair and the odd dead rabbit or two Thumbs Up Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #226037 10th Apr 2013 1:19pm
JSG

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Miserableolgit wrote:
farmer giles wrote:

miserableoldgit - base models

Rolling with laughter

But please sir, my last few Defenders have been XS's, albeit generally littered with hay, straw, muck, feathers, dog & horse hair and the odd dead rabbit or two Thumbs Up

What he means is that you are one of the few sensible people who want a Landrover to be as it was designed - with the appeal of a functional 'do everything' vehicle - and not turn it into a tarts handbag by driving it through a Halfrauds window covered in velcro Rolling with laughter John

http://www.hampshire4x4response.co.uk

2011 Tdci 110 CSW XS

Last edited by JSG on 11th Apr 2013 9:39am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #226043 10th Apr 2013 1:53pm
Pam W

England 1998 Defender 90 Td5 SW Auto Oslo Blue
JSG wrote:
What he means is that you are one of the few sensible people who want a Landrover to be as it was designed - with the appeal of a functional 'do everything' vehicle - and turn it into a tarts handbag by driving it through a Halfrauds window covered in velcro Rolling with laughter

I'm not convinced it is only 'the few sensible people'. More likely the silent majority who don't frequent forums, who don't shop around for bits, who don't constantly need to have the next 'big thing' because everyone else on the forum seems to have one/them/it.

By far the majority of Land Rovers I see around are either basic for workhorses for farming, special vehicle types with modified load beds** for tree work, environmental survey work, power line work, etc. or higher end models (again pretty much as they left the dealer) for people who need to carry passengers (farming families, gamekeepers, caravanners, etc). Those of us who attach bits for off-roading for fun are probably the next highest number I see in my area. The tarters-uppers are for the sake of looks and fashion are by far the minority of Defenders around here. I'm in semi-rural North Yorkshire so maybe that makes a difference. We like practical stuff round here and don't like flashy for flashy's sake!

** I never see a Navara, Ranger or L200 with a modded load bed. Either not possible, too expensive or just nothing on the market ?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the most brilliant thing about the Defender (as opposed to other LR models) is the way the individual can make it what they want it to be. And then the next owner can do the same, and so on and so forth over the next 20-40 years of its life! If LR start trying to make a vehicle that has all the bits then it will cease to be as modifiable, and therefore no longer what it is now... Our blog - http://landytravels.com/

Yorkshire Off Road Club - http://www.yorkshireoffroadclub.net
Post #226071 10th Apr 2013 4:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 6 <123456>