↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > Kelly@LandRover
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
farmer giles

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Cairns Blue
ZeDefender wrote:
Sorry, grouchy because my feet got wet again this morning...

moan, moan, moan - the dealer thought you would like the "foot spa/welly wash" - and all you do is moan Wink
Post #222335 26th Mar 2013 4:34pm
ZeDefender

Germany 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Baltic Blue
Er... it was just a suggestion Whistle The first of many I suspect Wink

Good on you Kelly, for grasping the (very large and sometimes angry) bull by the horns Thumbs Up Tell someone you love them today because life is short.
But shout it at them in German because life is also terrifying and confusing...
Post #222343 26th Mar 2013 4:50pm
farmer giles

ze defender - if kelly can fix your windscreen we shall have to rename her jesus Thumbs Up

and if she can do that then next on the list is making my wife look like my avatar Cool

Last edited by farmer giles on 26th Mar 2013 4:56pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #222345 26th Mar 2013 4:55pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
farmer giles wrote:

i've assembled a team of D2 members who can help land rover in various departments in the future:

Read your full post on the previous thread. Well done that man. Killer : (think of posh spice) Laughing Rolling with laughter
Zag is also spot on too. Mr. Green
I do however think that Brian (Lorryman) deserves a spot too though for diagnostic details and the like. Thumbs Up Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #222346 26th Mar 2013 4:55pm
farmer giles

totally agree; we also have a full department of engine boys and girls, too; but which one to lead? Confused
Post #222348 26th Mar 2013 4:59pm
Natlas

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
Hi Kelly, I've just picked up a new Defender and already have quite a bit to say about it, but just waiting to get a few more miles completed first so i don't engage mouth before brain. Biggest concern is how many of the issues that are raised on this website might actually happen to me?
This makes me think there is acutally one very useful thing you could do in this section, and that is post an official LR statement about the various issues that have been reported here to put people's minds at rest and show LR responsiveness to issues that should never have occured in the first place. Some examples....
A few months ago there was a turbohose recall - please confirm new vehicles are no longer affected by this from when?
A couple of years ago apparently some gearboxes didn't have any or enough oil, can we be sure new ones now are OK or do we need to check.
Also reported on this site - wheelbearings and driveshaft splines that don't have enough/any grease on them - has this been cured or do we need to check our new Defenders? (Certainly shouldn't have to but need peace of mind).
And finally for today, if you could tell me why 2.2 Def revs at 2,000 rpm when I'm trying to change gear I would like to know.
Glad to have you on board, hopefully LR will give you the answers we would all like.
Cheers for now, John. Smile
Post #223324 29th Mar 2013 10:39pm
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 
Hi John,

I have submitted a technical request to ensure gear box oil levels are now sufficient on new vehicles and wheel bearings and drive shaft splines are substantially greased. I have also enquired as to why your defender revs at 2000 rpm when changing gear. I will respond as soon as I have confirmation.

With regards to the turbo hose service action, the VIN range effected was between LD412051 and LD428173.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Kelly
Post #224049 2nd Apr 2013 9:26am
Natlas

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
Thanks Kelly, my local dealer has agreed to check my bearings/splines on Thursday, I looked from the outside and front looks dry, rear not so dry. I guess the gearbox oil level is just something I have to check for myself sometime. As for the gearchange revs, again my dealer will look on Thursday, claims no prior knowlegde of this phenomena so far. And finally, the hose issue was before my time so that's good.
I am very interested to see what official comments LR come up with for the above points. Thumbs Up

Can I suggest that if when/ you get LR replies you have a thread dedicate purely to your LR official reporting so that we all know where to look for issues that may have already been dealt with?
Need to find a way of stopping others cluttering it with replies though! Perhaps Martin could help with that.

Many thanks again.
John. 2.2 90 XS
88" Series One
Old Norton Smile
Minerva
Post #224056 2nd Apr 2013 10:49am
jayaway44

2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Stornoway Grey
Hi Kelly and welcome.

One thing I hope you look at on the forum is the sections about dealer feedback. As someone mentioned before when you pay over 25k for a car you expect at least a little common cur tasty and professionalism and not just fogged of with "it's a defender they all leak" or whatever the problem was.

A fixed service plan and price would also be good, read the comments on here about the huge variation the local stealers are charging for doing the same jobs, it's a rip off. I saved 100 pounds by just making one phone call to another dealer then told my local dealer where I bought the car and they matched it, I should not have to do this. I would have thought spending +50 000 in one year might have made me a reasonable customer.

Ok rant over, I could have gone on for ever, just a pity I love driving my 110 U

A Stewart 2.2 2012 110 utility Orkney Grey
Also
Range Rover Evoque - Surprising but I like it.
Previous
Freelander 2 SD4 HSE - Black
90 TD5
Discovery 3
Early Discovery.
Post #224060 2nd Apr 2013 11:14am
willy eckerslike

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HCPU Keswick Green
In my new role as customer services ( thanks Farmer Giles) I think you are a load of moaning whinging old women.

The draft to the right kidney is healthy ( Gaps Technology)
The noise is a part of the Driver / vehicle feedback experience.
The drivetrain clunk delibrately helps driver awareness on clutch position when waiting at a junction.
Rust development is now termed Self contained recycling aid program or S.C.R.A.P. for short.
The leaks ensure that the humidity level is kept at a decent level, (also aids the scrap program).
Minimising grease and oil levels helps us keep down enviromental impact.
Keeping the Defender under the counter helps promote the exclusivity and mystery surrounding the Defender owner.
Poor lights are deliberate to aid development of night vision and promote the eating of vegetables.

So quit whinging and just get on with it after all you wanted one. Thumbs Up Original Member Pie n Pea Club.
110 HCPU Tipper
Post #224069 2nd Apr 2013 11:57am
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 
Hi Jayaway44

I agree, courtesy and professionalism are a must within JLR. The comments regarding dealership feedback are all noted and passed to the dealer principles. They are a very useful tool in collating performance and customer satisfaction. Unfortunately as they are individual franchises, the dealerships set there own prices, but again, I will make dealerships aware that customers are not happy with the cost variation.

Kind regards,
Kelly
Post #224070 2nd Apr 2013 11:58am
bob neville

Spain 2001 Defender 90 Td5 SW Epsom Green
John Baron wrote:

And finally for today, if you could tell me why 2.2 Def revs at 2,000 rpm when I'm trying to change gear I would like to know.

Hi Kelly

I would also like to know the answer to this. My two week old 90 does this, but seems to rev at 2500rpm Shocked

I know it is supposed to harmonise gear changes but it is almost impossible to harmonise anything with that level of engine revs on the over run.

Cheers

bob 2015 Jaguar XE240 R Sport - goes like ....... !!
2013 Defender 90 CSW - sold
2009 Defender 110 Double Cab - sold
2001 TD5 90 CSW - offroad project - sold to a forum member
2011 Porsche Boxster - for the sunny days !
Post #224103 2nd Apr 2013 2:43pm
farmer giles

willy eckerslike wrote:
In my new role as customer services ( thanks Farmer Giles) I think you are a load of moaning whinging old women.

The draft to the right kidney is healthy ( Gaps Technology)
The noise is a part of the Driver / vehicle feedback experience.
The drivetrain clunk delibrately helps driver awareness on clutch position when waiting at a junction.
Rust development is now termed Self contained recycling aid program or S.C.R.A.P. for short.
The leaks ensure that the humidity level is kept at a decent level, (also aids the scrap program).
Minimising grease and oil levels helps us keep down enviromental impact.
Keeping the Defender under the counter helps promote the exclusivity and mystery surrounding the Defender owner.
Poor lights are deliberate to aid development of night vision and promote the eating of vegetables.

So quit whinging and just get on with it after all you wanted one. Thumbs Up

Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up
the poor security also helps "recycling" too, Willie!
Post #224125 2nd Apr 2013 4:17pm
CR

Ireland 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Santorini Black
Hi Kelly,

There is not much with regard to Land Rover and the way they treat their loyal customers that could shock me at at this
stage but I have to say if you are real and this is not some kind of April fools joke I am shocked.

Have I got this right that you are going to pass on issues that customers have and some one will really do something about it.
Where the normally approach is deny, run away, lie, and the best of all " they all do that sir" approach.

In my experience Land Rover have little interest in the customer who treats their car as a hobby as well as transport.

Can you ask your Design Director why he puts out the lie that the DC100 project got over 90% positive feedback online ? Laughing
as anybody who followed it knows it was about 10% positive and 90% negative.

Great to have you on board and I look forward to many questions being answered.

CR
Post #224151 2nd Apr 2013 5:51pm
pope10001

United Kingdom 1992 Defender 90 200 Tdi HT Zermatt Silver
I must say CR, i was also very shocked at the 90% positive comment, i, as you and anyone else who is a Defender owner, knows, the response was very much 90% negative with only a few people actually liking the DC100 vehicle.

It does make you think what planet exactly some people are on?!

Regards,

Mark
Post #224155 2nd Apr 2013 6:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>