↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays > Cornwall touring caravan site recommendation,please.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
WarPig

England 1996 Defender 110 300 Tdi USW Bonatti Grey
db950 wrote:
These sound like a good plan!
Set off on the Friday morning to arrive after dark, hopefully get access to the pitch Saturday morning then holiday time!!

Lets hope everybody else doesn't do the same!

Mr. Green True.

gvw, Ive just had a look at Polmanter on google maps, I assume this is their early/late arrivals pitch..

Click image to enlarge

Ive marked the pitch that Ive reserved. I couldnt choose between them and didnt know whether to choose one of the sea view pitches higher up but ended up choosing a pitch with a field to look out on for privacy, and hopefully less traffic so my boy can play on his bike (though Im pondering whether to change it?)...

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #220750 20th Mar 2013 9:18pm
gvw

England 
WarPig wrote:

gvw, Ive just had a look at Polmanter on google maps, I assume this is their early/late arrivals pitch..

Thumbs Up Correct - the field on the left

Can't help you with your pitch choice as I've not been down that end, normally stay just to the right as you enter the site.
However you will be close to the lane (pictured in the top right corner) which is the walk to St Ives - theres a small path in the corner of the next field that takes you to it - you can see it on the picture.
Alternatively theres another path from the site entrance, just behind the red sign in the 1st picture that takes you through the fields and onto the same lane but a litle further down it.
Bus pickup is also at the site entrance behind the sign if you prefer not to walk - parking in St Ives is bad Crying or Very sad

Please don't show me pictures of the bar - it could be classed as mental torture Laughing
Post #220803 20th Mar 2013 11:36pm
WarPig

England 1996 Defender 110 300 Tdi USW Bonatti Grey
Thanks mate, we are looking forward to going Thumbs Up
Post #220807 20th Mar 2013 11:58pm
gvw

England 
Forgot to mention - beware of the Seagulls at St Ives - they are experts at stealing food out of your hand when you're not looking Shocked
Post #220851 21st Mar 2013 10:36am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123