↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays > 2013, you are going where?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Print this entire topic · 
GREENI

United Kingdom 
2013, you are going where?
So the first month is ticking swiftly towards the end. Some of us have experienced some lanes already and played in the snow.

So what are your plans this year? Destinations, aspirations?

Home or abroad?
Post #205582 26th Jan 2013 5:35pm
WarPig

England 1996 Defender 110 300 Tdi USW Bonatti Grey
Our main holiday is 2 weeks caravanning in St Ives, Cornwall. Im booked into Polmanter. looks a very nice site, but is very exensive at about £40+/night Shocked Some pitches do have a sea view though.

http://polmanter.co.uk

One advantage is that they allowed me to pre choose my pitch, so I can take my time getting there without having to worry about getting there early for a good pitch.
Post #205636 26th Jan 2013 7:05pm
Lorryman100

A week in Chester at Fairoaks at the end of Feb, long weekend in the Lake district ( Meet posted in this section), 2 weeks in the far north of Scotland in July and 2 weeks down in Somerset in the September time. Mr. Green
Post #205639 26th Jan 2013 7:08pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
WarPig

England 1996 Defender 110 300 Tdi USW Bonatti Grey
We are off the Chester as well Brian, but going in March to celebrate my wifes 40th. Staying at the Chester Grosvenor Hotel which is supposed to be really nice.

http://www.chestergrosvenor.com

Ive booked the wife a surprise 'day with the zoo keeper' experience at Chester Zoo. Hopefully the lions will take care of her Twisted Evil
Post #205652 26th Jan 2013 7:27pm
Pam W

England 1998 Defender 90 Td5 SW Auto Oslo Blue
First camping of the year will be at the Muddy Truckers Challenge in March, in the roof tent, in the Scottish Borders.
After that we have a weekend at Robin Hood's Bay with Yorkshire Off Road Club, with the caravan in early May.
Next we will be in the roof tent again at the Land Rover show at Harrogate.
Long holiday of the year will be a June trip to Cornwall, overnighting here and there on the way there and back - a final prep/sorting out and practice trip with the roof tent and camping gear for our Australia trip next year.
Followed by a couple more Long weekends in the North York Moors with the Club, probably caravan.
Thumbs Up Our blog - http://landytravels.com/

Yorkshire Off Road Club - http://www.yorkshireoffroadclub.net
Post #205668 26th Jan 2013 8:07pm
rossy

Ireland 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Stornoway Grey
After two expensive trips to the UK last year we're staying in Ireland for 2013 !

In two weeks time we're off to Camac Valley, Dublin for half term.

Thats it til July Then we'll have a week in Tralee followed by a week in Clare (Nagles at Doolin). In August We're off to Wexford and in October Tipperary. I was hoping to go up North to the Glens of Antrim but to be honest all this flag waving stuff that kicked off recently in Belfast has put us off.

Oh I can't wait to get into that caravan again. Its the only place I can truly relax. At home everywhere I look there's 10 DIY jobs to be done. The caravan is a little oasis of contentment Smile
Post #205680 26th Jan 2013 8:34pm
BigMike

United Kingdom 
Morocco X 4 and once to greece for a bike rally. That'll be more than enough
Post #205710 26th Jan 2013 9:42pm
cinstone

England 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Keswick Green
No definate ideas yet, although Norway or Iceland was discussed last autumn, but probably too late to do one of these this year now.

Looks like North York Moors and The Lakes in March though.

A few ideas for green lane runs, from easy beginners runs locally to me and the Cotswolds, slightly more interesting runs en route to and over the Long Mynd and perhaps a run around the Elan Valley areas, for starters.

Anyone interested in any of the above green lane runs let me know, although I have no dates in mind as yet.

Chris. http://shropshirelandrovers.freeforums.org

2015 Defender 90 XS SW & Helen, 1964 IIa. Previously 2012 Defender 90 XS SW & 2008 90 XS SW.

Previous LR's: Michael, my 2008 Defender 90 XS SW.

Machinas oportet intrare non capsicum annuum faveo
Post #205791 27th Jan 2013 12:59am
GUM97

United Kingdom 1997 Defender 90 300 Tdi HT Stornoway Grey
Lorryman100 wrote:
A week in Chester at Fairoaks at the end of Feb

There's some nice pubs round there Very Happy It's about a mile away from me Thumbs Up

WarPig wrote:
We are off the Chester as well Brian, but going in March to celebrate my wifes 40th. Staying at the Chester Grosvenor Hotel

Ive booked the wife a surprise 'day with the zoo keeper' experience at Chester Zoo. Hopefully the lions will take care of her Twisted Evil

The Grosvenor Hotel is fantastic, there's a great atmosphere Very Happy Plenty to do in Chester as well, it's a really vibrant city Thumbs Up An engine to TDi for!
"Land Rover- Proudly turning drivers into mechanics since 1948"
Post #205846 27th Jan 2013 10:42am
VeeTee

Netherlands 
Hope to do some laning in the Peak District in april, then off visiting my sister in Italy in may, and 3 weeks camping in the Ardennes (Belgium/French border) in july. May by some weekends camping later in the year, short distances. Cheers, Vincent
1959 Polynorm 1/4 Ton Trailer, Olive Drab Green (sold)
1970 M416 Military Trailer (Camping Trailer Conversion), Epsom Green (sold)
1975 Series III 88 V6, Light Green (sadly sold)
1996 Defender 110 CSW 300 Tdi, Epsom Green (sold)
2000 Freelander 1 TD4 3-drs, Silver (sold)
2006 Freelander 1 TD4 5-drs Facelift Automatic, Tonga Green (sold)

MySite
Post #205859 27th Jan 2013 11:13am
Glynparry25

Wales 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Tonga Green
Loads of plans for this year:

First is next weekend which is the 'Cyprus Land Rover Owners Club' weekend event- This starts at the highest point in Cyprus and ends up in Paphos where there will be beers and BBQ (Might have to make a detour on Saturday to a pub for the Wales v Ireland game...... Even though we all know that Wales will walk all over them!!

Then in June time I will be doing this:

Click image to enlarge

What was going to be a 1 month trip back to the UK through Greece has been changed a few times due to many reasons. I am now taking 2-3 months to do it (depending on final route). The green markers are 'Must see features' and the one with the red circle is somewhere I would love to go...... but is a bit off-route:

Click image to enlarge

Then I will hope to be flying off to Australia for a few months Mr. Green

This is going to be an AWESOME year!!!

Glyn Dog :sheep:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #205864 27th Jan 2013 11:24am
Lorryman100

GUM97 wrote:

There's some nice pubs round there Very Happy It's about a mile away from me

Thumbs Up Karlos is not that far away either!!! Maybe a few lanes and the odd Pub or two could be in the offing if you and Karlos aren't busy that week? Whistle Mr. Green
Post #205865 27th Jan 2013 11:27am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lorryman100

Glyn, isn't it still a hotspot, and don't you need permission to enter the area? Wouldn't mind visiting the place myself, I will put it on the todo list for when it is not as hot. Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge
Post #205867 27th Jan 2013 11:33am
strang

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
Well John Pearson's recent trip stories in LRO have 'wetted' my appetite somewhat to go to the Pyrenees, and parts of Spain - although due to my one man stance against bull fighting, I have never ever been to Spain before.

Also planning on taking my old Series One to Switzerland again for the "Les series en Helvetie" event organised by 'Land Rovers of Switzerland' and the French 'Les temps des series' clubs. A great trip but a long way in a series!

And I am also really tempted by the stories of the Namibia trips - they look fantastic, although not cheap.

I also fancy Island hopping on the West Coast of Scotland, as well as going back to the West Coast of Ireland too around Connemara - where I went a couple of years ago, again with the series one, but would love to go back.

So many dreams, and so little time...... Euro-Leafing to infinity and beyond.....
Post #205870 27th Jan 2013 11:40am
TACK

Few uk trips, lakes and peaks for long weekends, normandy, plus alps trip for 2 weeks in July with the oztent and 18mth daughter Thumbs Up
Post #205877 27th Jan 2013 12:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>