↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > performance, Cruise Control & Steering wheel
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
DAM

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Rimini Red
Go Beyond

The Terrafirma one i think is factory but as we all know that isn't always best so i'll have another look and decide

thanks regards

David
Post #199842 7th Jan 2013 11:33pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
Factory for which vehicle as cruise has never been offered on the Defender by the factory ?
Post #199860 8th Jan 2013 7:10am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DAM

Here's the link

http://www.terrafirma4x4.com/mobile/search...se+control

There are two options regards

David
Post #199861 8th Jan 2013 7:24am
couplands

United Kingdom 2001 Defender 90 Td5 HT Oslo Blue
Go Beyond wrote:
I have just (last weekend) installed the Mobile Centre cruise control into the FCX 130.

I can't comment on it's operation as the vehicle is still being assembled, but I can comment on the quality of parts (excellent) and the ease of installation .... one hole in the steering column cowl to install the stalk, plug and play connection at the throttle, 1 wire to the clutch switch (engine side of bulkhead - easy to access), 1 wire to brake pedal (again easy access), live and earth - Bobs your mothers brother Thumbs Up

I had a quick Google search to compare the Terrafirma one and apart from the price (which is very similar) I couldn't find pictures or spec Confused

Where do these units connect to monitor the vehicle speed..? I guess it needs another connection..?

Cheers

Simon
Post #199867 8th Jan 2013 8:17am
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
Quite right, forgot that bit Embarassed

Single connection to dash clocks loom
Post #199871 8th Jan 2013 9:14am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DAM

Details of the TERRAFIRMA CRUISE CONTROL KITS

The electronic cruise control Kits are available for 2002-2007 Defender Td5 and the newest 2007 on Defender Td4.

Functions are controlled by two buttons. The speed is adjusted using the SET button. When this button is held down, the Defender accelerates; when it is released, the Defender maintains the current speed.

The second button, RESET/RESUME has two functions. If cruise control is active, pressing RESET/RESUME deactivates it. When it is pressed again, the most recently stored speed is recalled, and the Defender gradually accelerates automatically until this speed is reached.

Cruise control is also deactivated when the brakes or clutch are used. Cruise control can generally be used at speeds of 45 km/h and above.

TFCCK Terrafirma cruise control kit - Defender Td5 2002-2007

TFCCK07 Terrafirma cruise control kit - Defender Td4 2007- on

TFCCKTD5 Terrafirma cruise control kit - Defender TD5 1998 to 2007
[/img] regards

David
Post #199927 8th Jan 2013 2:30pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic2266.h...p;start=60

More info here - there was a solution from Sonic3d/Allisport...
Post #199952 8th Jan 2013 3:59pm
couplands

United Kingdom 2001 Defender 90 Td5 HT Oslo Blue
Alive Tuning wrote:
Alive will be releasing an all new billet steering wheel boss for 36 and 48 spline fitments, very soon. Avoid the Momo and Mountney bosses, as they're very poorly made, and you'll have problems with them fouling on the steering cowl, and the indicators not cancelling.

You can be sure we'll have a lot to say about the 2.2 remapping, as soon as it becomes available. In the meantime, keep away from common rail tuning boxes, if you're planning on keeping this car.

Any details on the boss, I'm looking at the Momo Tuner wheel, will it work with that model..?

Cheers

Simon
Post #200159 9th Jan 2013 12:15am
series1

Go Beyond wrote:
I have just (last weekend) installed the Mobile Centre cruise control into the FCX 130.

I can't comment on it's operation as the vehicle is still being assembled, but I can comment on the quality of parts (excellent) and the ease of installation .... one hole in the steering column cowl to install the stalk, plug and play connection at the throttle, 1 wire to the clutch switch (engine side of bulkhead - easy to access), 1 wire to brake pedal (again easy access), 1 wire to loom behind dash clocks, live and earth - Bobs your mothers brother Thumbs Up

I had a quick Google search to compare the Terrafirma one and apart from the price (which is very similar) I couldn't find pictures or spec Confused

Go Beyond, how did you locate the right wire from the dash loom? I assume this is for the speed or rpm signal. I am about to install a Mobile Centre cruise control to a 2011 90 and the rest seems pretty straight forward. Thanks for any tips!

Cheers from northern Finland!
Post #203592 20th Jan 2013 3:59pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
Alive Tuning wrote:
Avoid the Momo and Mountney bosses, as they're very poorly made, and you'll have problems with them fouling on the steering cowl, and the indicators not cancelling.

Gary is right the mountney boss is horrid and fits really bad, i have one of the Alive boss's on my 90 and it really is the bomb Thumbs Up Other wise the ones which are on my site for sale are also really good and work correctly with indicators etc Thumbs Up CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/csklr
Follow us on Instagram - @cskautomotive
Post #203593 20th Jan 2013 4:07pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
Hi Series1, the instructions give the PIN number of the plug that goes into the back of the instrument pod.

Unplug it and its quite straight forward, although mine is probably easier as I have the dash out Mr. Green
Post #203604 20th Jan 2013 4:49pm
dgardel

Italy 
Alive Tuning wrote:
I've seen a 320mm steering wheel fitted, and they're way too small! The difference between the 350mm and 320mm is immense. Shocked

First, agree with the common rail boxes, keep away!!!! Your engine Will be happy

Second, the right dia for the Defender steering Wheel mod is 360mm or, better, 380mm but this diameters are not easy to look for.....

The 360mm

Click image to enlarge

And the (actual) 380mm

Click image to enlarge

both Nardi and the boss is Nardi also

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License

Last edited by dgardel on 20th Jan 2013 8:14pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #203606 20th Jan 2013 4:51pm
TJ101

Isle Of Man 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
My cruise kit was from Sonic3d/Allisport , a few years ago now ,,

Was then not a plug and play, but easy enough to wire, most into the throttle switch,,
The speed input was a small problem, as the pulse from behind the dash was not strong enough !! so when back to the speed sensor on the gearbox,, easy enough Smile

Cruise must be in the top 3 of mods fitted, and fitted in a way, that it will be coming off and put on the next 110 Rather than drilling for a stalk switch, silver switch panel on the center panel

Click image to enlarge

350mm Momo Nero for me Thumbs Up standard boss, never had a problem

Click image to enlarge

Recon my remap has lost maybe 10% fuel consumption !! but then i may drive it a tad harder now ! Shocked
struggle to better 22mpg, probably down to 265 tyres, roof rack and RAI etc ?? California F1, 75th 110 "Kermit", 50th Ann V8, 90 V8 Hybrid, 55 Series 1

Main Brian James Trailer Dealer for South West UK
Post #203636 20th Jan 2013 7:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12