↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Spotted > Who has been a naughty boy then!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
dnorrishill

England 2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
Who has been a naughty boy then!!
BBC News headline: Welney Land Rover flood driver was 'irresponsible'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-20555116

Honestly, I really cannot see this was the worst crime in the world, but apparently Norfolk Police said the driver's actions had been "extremely irresponsible and dangerous".

The best bit is when they say "Water can also be seen seeping into the vehicle." - what is so unusual with that - its a Land Rover, its a daily occurrence for some owners.
Post #190151 1st Dec 2012 9:37pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
water coming in the heater vent Laughing Laughing CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/csklr
Follow us on Instagram - @cskautomotive
Post #190157 1st Dec 2012 9:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wslr

United Kingdom 
I expect Norfolk Police were miffed that none of their vehicles could do that. Mr. Green

Impressive though.
Post #190160 1st Dec 2012 10:04pm
mermoto

Thought he did quite well given the depth and length of the drive. Expected more water to get in the cab, maybe he had a sub aqua air tank inside the cab with the valve fully open Rolling with laughter .

This one is better Whistle

http://youtu.be/czJw0jahORU

Thumbs Up
Post #190162 1st Dec 2012 10:06pm
Andy Jeff

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Chawton White
As I said in the "Flood" thread...

What about the 'couple' that drowned their Range Rover in Essex and were more worried about getting their shoes wet. The police, fire and ambulance had to come out to them in the ford at Baddow but they didn't get done for it.

Censored country of double standards.

As far as I could see this bloke knew what he was doing and was clearly in a vehicle prepared for the conditions. Did anyone convict the two policemen stood on the roof of their defender flooded out the other day, no of course not..free (or at least repeal the conviction of) the Norfolk one!

Andy.
Post #190182 1st Dec 2012 10:42pm
Retroanaconda

Scotland 
Killer90 wrote:
water coming in the heater vent Laughing Laughing

You Puma owners will never have the pleasure of leaving the bulkhead vents open by accident when undertaking "enthusiastic" wading and experiencing what can only be described as a biblical cascade of inevitably cold and dirty water through the dash Laughing
Post #190187 1st Dec 2012 11:04pm
Andy Jeff

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Chawton White
Retroanaconda wrote:
Killer90 wrote:

You Puma owners will never have the pleasure of leaving the bulkhead vents open by accident when undertaking "enthusiastic" wading and experiencing what can only be described as a biblical cascade of inevitably cold and dirty water through the dash Laughing

With a cry of "Aargh...shut the gun flaps!". Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Andy.
Post #190198 1st Dec 2012 11:36pm
Odin

Scotland 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Santorini Black
Andy Jeff wrote:
As I said in the "Flood" thread...

What about the 'couple' that drowned their Range Rover in Essex and were more worried about getting their shoes wet. The police, fire and ambulance had to come out to them in the ford at Baddow but they didn't get done for it.

Censored country of double standards.

As far as I could see this bloke knew what he was doing and was clearly in a vehicle prepared for the conditions. Did anyone convict the two policemen stood on the roof of their defender flooded out the other day, no of course not..free (or at least repeal the conviction of) the Norfolk one!

Andy.

What double standards? What conviction? Stop ranting man.

The Police are just stating the law for those who are hard of understanding. They don't have any other option with regards ignoring road signs or do you suggest they advise everyone in a vehicle to attempt to drive through flooded roads when they reckon their 4x4 is tough enough? FFS.

There's an immense difference between being arrested, prosecuted and convicted hence the concepts of mitigation and circumstance. That's why 4x4 response teams need to have water tight (sic) MOUs etc... and not just be well meaning chaps.

Last edited by Odin on 2nd Dec 2012 9:15am. Edited 2 times in total
Post #190202 1st Dec 2012 11:48pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
Retroanaconda wrote:
Killer90 wrote:

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter vent flaps what are they Whistle a blast from the past Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter i still have to put up with them on the series 1 mate dont worry Laughing CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/csklr
Follow us on Instagram - @cskautomotive
Post #190204 1st Dec 2012 11:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth

England 2003 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Oslo Blue
I can't see the problem here, my LR leaks worse than that without driving through a flood ! 2021 Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE D300 MHEV
1966 S2a 109 aka Betsy
1968 S2a 88 aka Bob
2014 Jaaaag F Type 3.0 Supercharged.
Post #190212 2nd Dec 2012 12:25am
BigRuss

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
so your basically gonna be prosecuted for wading in deep water to help some one! Russell
2011MY 110 XS USW Black
Post #190218 2nd Dec 2012 5:23am
Odin

Scotland 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Santorini Black
No.

Can you imagine how many problems will be created if every half wit in a 4x4 reckons their vehicle is good enough to go wading and has a pop? Don't you think there's a very good chance that will escalate the scale of the problem?

Turn the situation around, "Police demand that every 4x4 driver ensures their vehicle is good for wading and must drive through flooded roads to reduce the impact of flooding and keep traffic moving." is that a good idea?

A policy decision must be clear amd consistent, and surely they can't make a statement like the one above?
Post #190228 2nd Dec 2012 9:21am
Bobble

United Kingdom 
Odin wrote:
No.

Can you imagine how many problems will be created if every half wit in a 4x4 reckons their vehicle is good enough to go wading and has a pop? Don't you think there's a very good chance that will escalate the scale of the problem?

A policy decision must be clear amd consistent.....

Forget it mate. I tried in the other thread, but apparently as long as they only get nearly killed, the fact they're having fun takes priority apparently, and it looked pretty safe on YouTube and I had a mate who went through something deeper at the LRO Show so it much be ok and it always happens to someone else and it was ok yesterday and no one tells me what I can or can't do and you'll be grateful when you need towing out and I've got a snorkel...... so who cares? Rolling Eyes
Post #190264 2nd Dec 2012 11:41am
Luismi

Spain 2004 Defender 110 Td5 SW Alpine White
For me is by far more dangerous walk through whatever country in europe with your family than what i see in this video.

and the guy with the tractor is going to go to jail to then...

Unbelievable...

Cheers
Post #191238 5th Dec 2012 8:31pm
TACK

I see it in the same light as extreme sports (which I am in support of). They are far more dangerous, and the likely hood of serious injury or death are far greater than the wading shown in the video. The police aren’t out nicking, boxers, Mountain bikers, Kayakers, Motocrosser’s (‘off topic’ I saw Nitro circus Monday at the 02 Arena, was the nuts, no police around prosecuting either).

I think as dispute what I have said above, the police point is a generic statement to deter others whom might attempt this, whom maybe a little unprepared or have unsuitable vehicles. I would agree the police could not give a statement saying ‘oh what fun the driver was having, let’s all go down there with our armbands on’ so I do agree with part of the publication and understand the message the officer was trying to deliver....
Post #191318 6th Dec 2012 2:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>