↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Original style LED lights
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
Now that's the pic I needed and I have to say even though I thought it might look odd I think I really like it Thumbs Up I've changed my mind to clear indicators all round Whistle
Post #199960 8th Jan 2013 4:58pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Green Machine wrote:

I disagree (of course), but each to their own! Thumbs Up

If only you'd change the rest to clear also. I'm sure you wouldn't regret it. Thumbs Up Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #199970 8th Jan 2013 5:10pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
Green Machine wrote:
custom90steve wrote:
And it has clear lights all around except for the brake lights. It all looks great IMHO except for putting clear indicators on the rear matched with red brake lights. Clear all around I could understand but to do half a job it just doens't look right. Rolling Eyes

Click image to enlarge

SAME!! Whistle thats exactly what i have red brake lights clear indicators Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter cheers Steve Whistle CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/csklr
Follow us on Instagram - @cskautomotive
Post #200001 8th Jan 2013 6:23pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
custom90

United Kingdom 
Embarassed We'll I think you all best get upgrading then. Thumbs Up Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #200007 8th Jan 2013 6:31pm
Lorryman100

Thanks for the heads up on these lights from Bolt on Bits. Thumbs Up I have had them on for 2 weeks as a stop gap to purchasing the river runner ones, but these do the same job for a lot less cash and they look oem though probably nowhere near the quality of the river runner ones, but they are staying on the Puma, and for 120 with the relay I'm more than happy. Not sure about the looks of the reversing light and fog from BoB though? I'm thinking I will get the fog light from Dun-Bri and just upgrade the reversing lamps bulb with a 16w Cree one off the bay? Any other options out there? Thumbs Up Bow down

I went for clear on the front and coloured on the back end, just like the originals on my XS. Whistle
Post #207371 1st Feb 2013 5:58pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SteveG

2005 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Belize Green
Did the adjustable BoB relay work for you? Didn't for me. I either got fast flash or the LED's would stay on continuously with no in between no matter what the setting.

Cheers

Steve
Post #207398 1st Feb 2013 7:04pm
Lorryman100

Yes works fine. Thumbs Up Only one issue and its a small one, is that the flash is a little slower over the OEM flash rate. I thought that the adjuster on the top of the relay is only there to get rid of the trailer icon on the IPAC when there is no trailer attached? I think I will order one of mobilecentres relays and see if that improves the flash rate, then again I could just be havering on about nothing.
Post #207408 1st Feb 2013 7:19pm
twopoint6khz

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Java Black
Whoops, just bought a set of those... it's a slippery slope to 800 LED headlights Rolling with laughter
Post #207420 1st Feb 2013 7:35pm
dgardel

Italy 
Killer90 wrote:
Green Machine wrote:
custom90steve wrote:
And it has clear lights all around except for the brake lights. It all looks great IMHO except for putting clear indicators on the rear matched with red brake lights. Clear all around I could understand but to do half a job it just doens't look right. Rolling Eyes

Click image to enlarge

SAME!! Whistle thats exactly what i have red brake lights clear indicators Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter cheers Steve Whistle

Hooo yesssss but JW Speaker LED

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #207577 2nd Feb 2013 1:20pm
Alex1976

England 
I have had the BoB LED's including the fog and reverse fitted now for about 6 months and they are great. They plugged straight in and the relay worked fine too. Really happy with them.
Post #207656 2nd Feb 2013 5:37pm
BigWheels

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
I don't quite understand the equipping of a vehicle that does rough dirty work with very expensive lighting that might get wrecked. Confused

Unless of course you're all posey boulevard cruisers. Whistle Rolling with laughter Land Rover Defenders. 67 years heritage, minimal appearance changes, still going strong all over the world. Not a fashion vehicle, but fashionable to own. Made for the needy, not the greedy. Ta ta Defender
Post #207717 2nd Feb 2013 7:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234