Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Original style LED lights
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Dave-H

England 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Tonga Green
ericvv wrote:
Dave-H wrote:
Yep, got the rear fog and reverse on mine ... fog is stupidly bright !!

Reverse does the job, better than standard but doesnt seem as bright as the fog ...

I have those too original on my SVX. Agree with your above comments, the fog is stupidly bright, but in my opinion the reverse BARELY does the job. Actually I don't really understand it, because all the rear LED lights are fantastic, tail/stop, turn signal which I added LED recently, fog as said, but no, the reverse is in my opinion doing the job even less good that a standard incandescent bulb version. A pita!

Perhaps they sent you a NAS led front sidelight by mistake? [looks identical but led's not so bright]

My reverse far better than standard bulb version .... just not as bright as the Fog Smile Guns and Landrovers .... anything else is irrelevant.
Post #189985 1st Dec 2012 9:05am
adafish

United Kingdom 1984 Defender 110 300 Tdi DCPU Stornoway Grey
Sparkylee, did'nt you have a set of the "old stylee " LED's you brought off us you did'nt fit ?...... Putting Dreams on Drives at JLR Solihull..
Post #189987 1st Dec 2012 9:33am
sparkylee

2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 DCPU Santorini Black
Yes I did they are sitting on the self I think it's about time I put them in the for sale section and get your clear ones
Cheers for the nudge Thumbs Up It's good to be back from the dark side

DC110 -2012 Black with black hood and black x-tech
FFRR 4.2 vogue
Renault traffic auto
PT crusier convertible
Laika x700 Motorhome
Post #189994 1st Dec 2012 10:33am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ericvv

Switzerland 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
Dave-H wrote:
ericvv wrote:
Dave-H wrote:
Yep, got the rear fog and reverse on mine ... fog is stupidly bright !!

Reverse does the job, better than standard but doesnt seem as bright as the fog ...

I have those too original on my SVX. Agree with your above comments, the fog is stupidly bright, but in my opinion the reverse BARELY does the job. Actually I don't really understand it, because all the rear LED lights are fantastic, tail/stop, turn signal which I added LED recently, fog as said, but no, the reverse is in my opinion doing the job even less good that a standard incandescent bulb version. A pita!

Perhaps they sent you a NAS led front sidelight by mistake? [looks identical but led's not so bright]

My reverse far better than standard bulb version .... just not as bright as the Fog Smile

No. no. I do have a SVX, so the reverse LED is the right one. Just I find it not good at all, and worse than the SVX rear fog light. It is also not that one or more of the LEDs would not work anymore, they all work, but it just gives a disappointing amount of white light output. Here is a picture, (reverse light is closest to the wheel carrier, and in the picture not on)

Click image to enlarge
 You never actually own a Defender. You merely look after it for the next generation.
http://youtu.be/yVRlSsJwD0o
https://youtu.be/vmPr3oTHndg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GtzTT9Pdl0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABqKPz28e6A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLZ49Jce_n0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvAsz_ilQYU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8tMHiX9lSw
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dxwjPuHIV7I
https://vimeo.com/201482507
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSixqL0iyHw
Post #189999 1st Dec 2012 11:00am
Dave-H

England 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Tonga Green
Ahh Smile ... they are not the same as the Bolt On Bits versions .... you need to upgrade lol

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Guns and Landrovers .... anything else is irrelevant.
Post #190013 1st Dec 2012 11:49am
adafish

United Kingdom 1984 Defender 110 300 Tdi DCPU Stornoway Grey
sparkylee wrote:
Yes I did they are sitting on the self I think it's about time I put them in the for sale section and get your clear ones
Cheers for the nudge Thumbs Up
.......think you might have a customer for them at the start of this thread... Putting Dreams on Drives at JLR Solihull..
Post #190015 1st Dec 2012 12:11pm
mobilecentre

United Kingdom 
Sorry in essence the way we designed and manufacture these lights means we cannot compete with Far Eastern prices. I am happy to go into the depths of it but most are still recovering from the LED headlight "debate".

Lets just say I know who would win the battle of the claw hammer test.......
Post #190025 1st Dec 2012 1:17pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Zinke

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
mobilecentre wrote:
Sorry in essence the way we designed and manufacture these lights means we cannot compete with Far Eastern prices. I am happy to go into the depths of it but most are still recovering from the LED headlight "debate".

Lets just say I know who would win the battle of the claw hammer test.......

Im sure we all have no doubt that your lights are far superior than the bolt on bits ones, most of us have seen your kit and are very impressed with it all, but not everybody can afford to spend that much money on lights so we make do with what we can afford to buy. At then end of the day we can buy 3 full sets of the bolt on bits lights and have quite a bit of change left over. Yes the bolt on bits ones probably wont last as long and arent as strong but they still work and there are lots of people on here who have used them and it sounds like they are happy with them for the price they paid for them. And there is also the fact that the bolt on bits ones look much more like the original ones, which for some people make a difference as we like what land rover did in the first place and class it as part of what makes it a defender, and yes i know thats all down to personal preference.

And lets just say if i start hitting any lights with a claw hammer then i deserve to break them..........

Pete.
Post #190030 1st Dec 2012 1:50pm
mobilecentre

United Kingdom 
Indeed our design is not the same as standard and that does not suit everyone’s taste.

I also agree that they do not suit all budgets, that was a decision we did not take lightly when we moved design and manufacture from China.

We openly admit we set out to build the best light we could and then see what it cost rather than the other way around which is what we had done previously.

You could buy a complete set of standard lights for £20.94 delivered

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Serie...2c692675c4
Post #190034 1st Dec 2012 2:00pm
chinnus

2001 Defender 90 Td5 ST Coniston Green
Get the fog and reversing ones as well, depends on what model year you have as to what bits you require...

I have a 2001 MY and my fog and reversing lights are rectangular and hard wired in.. IE no plug... compared to the original circular ones which do have a plug...

So basically if you buy them and have a 2001MY car you need to buy an additional economseal connecter and do some drilling... I can be more clear with that if you need?

tom
Post #190040 1st Dec 2012 2:26pm
big steve

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Montalcino Red
I have the standard looking LEDs and I'm really pleased with them standard look is the best look

Steve 2015 2.2 tdci hardtop xs
3.2 conversion DONE 238bhp and 707nm torque and thats just the start ;-P
hybrid turbo in build -done ready to fit
ashcroft atb in transfer box
6 speed auto in build
Post #190180 1st Dec 2012 10:39pm
Zinke

Well i ordered the Bolt on bits led fog and reverse and found out why the fog is brighter than the reverse! On the back the fog is marked at 3w but the reverse is only 2w, thats 50% less. Guess i will be sending them back and saving up a bit more for some better ones!

Pete.
Post #199643 7th Jan 2013 11:54am
big steve

you say that but there is probly good reason for it as when driving in the fog you need a brighter rear light ?

steve

i cant fault mine 2015 2.2 tdci hardtop xs
6 speed auto in build
Post #199645 7th Jan 2013 12:02pm
Zinke

Im not saying the fog is too bright, just the reverse is not bright enough really for what i do, i get more useable light from the original light rather than the LED one.

Pete.
Post #199687 7th Jan 2013 2:55pm
big steve

see i think the led one is a lot brighter on the back of my truck 2015 2.2 tdci hardtop xs
6 speed auto in build
Post #199695 7th Jan 2013 3:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>