Home > Puma (Tdci) > 110 boot liner advice......please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Delskinz

England 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Tonga Green
110 boot liner advice......please
OK here's my conundrum......

I have a 2007 110 CSW with a very nice Land Rover rear boot liner which I assume was originally from a TD5 as it doesn't seem to fit properly over the wheel arches. The Puma wheel arches are not straight right angle box sections but have a step in them, this means the boot liner is baggy as it is formed at right angles. (make sense? I've confused myself..)

So should I cut the boot liner I have and try sticking it down or sell the liner I have a buy a Puma version? Or am I loosing the plot?
Post #161470 12th Aug 2012 7:45pm
farmer giles

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Cairns Blue
i don't think there is specific boot liner to fit the rear tub.

i bought the exmoor trim boot liner thinking it was puma specific and ended up having to cut it and use self adhesive velco to keep it partially in place. it does look diy Embarassed
Post #161583 13th Aug 2012 10:45am
Delskinz

Hmmmm....I have three working gun dogs and the 110 needs something as water proof as possible and easily cleanable for 6 six months of the year it contains water, mud, fur and feathers.

Anyone have any other suggestions?
Post #161597 13th Aug 2012 11:55am
x-isle

Wales 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
I made one, but then noticed that any dampness that gets under it remains under the carpet so I took it out and just wash the carpet occasionally when it get's too grubby.

I put dirty mountain bikes in and the carpet still looks new when it's cleaned. Craig Rogers

2007 Puma 110 XS
2011 Evoque Coupe Dynamic Lux
www.craigrogers.photography
Post #161601 13th Aug 2012 12:02pm
Marius

South Africa 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Keswick Green
I got one posted from Nakantenga and it fits great!

http://nakatanenga-tours.de/shop/article_K...110TD4B%26
Post #161782 14th Aug 2012 9:00am
Delskinz

Marius - it looks like this doesn't go over the wheel arches just sits flat on the floor section, am I right?

I don't have the two exrta seats in the boot and need something that covers the whole of the floor.
Post #161787 14th Aug 2012 9:15am
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Delskinz wrote:
Hmmmm....I have three working gun dogs and the 110 needs something as water proof as possible and easily cleanable for 6 six months of the year it contains water, mud, fur and feathers.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Same here except mine is used to cart muddy, hairy, feathery, hay, straw type stuff all year. But as has been said there is no Puma specific tailored solution that will cover the wheel arches. I've used off the shelf rubber mats that include the wheelarches in my pre Puma Defenders, 90 / 110 & Series but my Pumas just have the OE rubber floor mats laid over the carpets with the carpet over the arches left exposed. Yes the exposed carpet does get plastered but 30 mins with a decent vacuum and a wipe over with a damp cloth every few months soon sorts it.

Over the years I found containing the dogs in an enclosed Lintran or similar box doesn't really cut down on the amount of potential mess and also limits what else you can carry at the same time.

My Defender is in use in the countryside every day and I can live with mucky wheelarch carpets in the back but an alternative is to line them with the thinner stable matting or similar. Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #161803 14th Aug 2012 10:23am
sewin elwy

Wales 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Re: 110 boot liner advice......please
Delskinz wrote:
OK here's my conundrum......

I have a 2007 110 CSW with a very nice Land Rover rear boot liner which I assume was originally from a TD5 as it doesn't seem to fit properly over the wheel arches. The Puma wheel arches are not straight right angle box sections but have a step in them, this means the boot liner is baggy as it is formed at right angles. (make sense? I've confused myself..)

So should I cut the boot liner I have and try sticking it down or sell the liner I have a buy a Puma version? Or am I loosing the plot?

Hi Delskinz, Yep it was a problem that I had to! There isn't one made for the puma. I bought the Td5 option that the G4 LR ones used and I think it is for the 90.
You have to fit it into the base first and then trim to fit, I have removed my rear seats as I don't use them so perhaps this makes it an easier option for me.
your right about the shaped wheel arches/boxes they present a problem. What i did was to buy some closed cell high desity foam, can't remember the thickness, yes I can just checked for you! 40mm, took the angle from the vehicle and clamped it between two pieces of wood on the bench,one narrower than the other and ran the carving knife along the length replicating the angle on the wheel box. They fit a treat and are held in place with double sided carpet tape.
The liner then fits perfectly apart from the fuel filler box at the rear right, you have to enlarge as the ninty is in a different place.

One more really good piece of info! Someone now makes purpose made fitments to square of the puma wheel boxes they were in the new stuff section of LRO and cost about £95.00 if memory serves me right but I can't remember who or where to order from-----wait and someone here will!

Hope this helps, martin.
Post #161864 14th Aug 2012 2:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1