jerseyman

pom wrote:

Ok I really must stop reading the mail

Pom

Yes you really really must
Post #111034 31st Dec 2011 1:32pm
Lorryman100

Nice picture Thumbs Up
When we were last in the States I did visit a gun shop which had it's own range out the back and hired a few handguns and bought a load of ammo to put through them. Funny thing was as a non US citizen I couldn't hire them direct but one of the shop patrons was very kind in hiring them for me. I tried the Beretta 92FS, sig p226, Steyr GB and a couple of Glocks, 15,17. Then afterwards put a couple of mags through a mp5 on full auto, lasted a whole couple of seconds, bit like something else I can do but wont go into detail about. Whistle
Personally I would go for the Glock 19 if I was in a position to get one. Reliable and smaller than the 17 with only a few moving parts, not a lot goes wrong with it. Again personal choice is different with every one. Though in the UK apart from competition pistol shooting I don't see a reason for having one.

And Pom, nothing wrong with reading a balanced newspaper like the Daily Mail. Whistle Very Happy
Post #111047 31st Dec 2011 2:35pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dave-H

England 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Tonga Green
Lorryman100 wrote:

Personally I would go for the Glock 19 if I was in a position to get one. Reliable and smaller than the 17 with only a few moving parts, not a lot goes wrong with it. Again personal choice is different with every one. Though in the UK apart from competition pistol shooting I don't see a reason for having one.

The 20 is a better model.

10mm rounds too ... direct compromise for firepower of the 9mm, but stopping power of the .45 Cool Guns and Landrovers .... anything else is irrelevant.
Post #111061 31st Dec 2011 3:50pm
Lorryman100

Dave-H wrote:
Lorryman100 wrote:

The 20 is a better model.

10mm rounds too ... direct compromise for firepower of the 9mm, but stopping power of the .45 Cool

Never seen a 20. There is one 19 in the shooting club and a few sigs and the odd S&W. All 9mm except for a sigma 40 which is chambered for .40. Still don't see a need for me having one though Big Cry
Post #111068 31st Dec 2011 4:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Birdy

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
I lived and worked in places like Damascus, Santo Domingo, Sarajevo, and whenever the conversation turned to Desert Eagles, Glocks et al, my “minders” would stop the conversation dead by simply saying: “I’ve got the best pistol”. “What makes you say that?” They’d reply “Because mine’s right here”, open their fist and show a .25 (6.35mm in new money).

Always something local, disposable and deniable - Astra, CZ, TP, anything like that… their official issue was invariably left at home!

Peter
Post #111098 31st Dec 2011 5:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12