↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Defender 90 Signature Graphic Panel
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
AmL

Defender 90 Signature Graphic Panel
Has anyone removed the signature graphic panel and interior storage unit from sides of a Defender 90?. Trying to determine is the outside panel and internal storage are just bonded to the glass or if there are any mechanical connections too?.There are youtube videos for the 110 but I can't find anything for the 90 and the 110 doesn't have the internal storage unit. Thanks
Post #993459 21st May 2023 8:00am
Tim in Scotland

Have a look through PowerfulUK’s YouTube listing as they removed them from The Stig at one stage to see what it took and to develope the bits needed to blank the mounts for them. In my 1st Ed 110 I had a leak sourced to the small part on the rear panel - minimal sealant with gaps in the runs of the stuff were found to be the source. There are holes in the glass too as my new 90 was specced with privacy AND the Signature Square and both were missed off the build sheet either by the dealers admin or the factory and obtaining the right tinted glass to have the squares was an issue but solved, then the tailgate glass with privacy was on back order so I’ve had a refund on those items and have a 90 with plain glass all round and a set of roof crossbars and cash instead………

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #993462 21st May 2023 8:09am
J77

Scotland 
I’d imagine they’ll be screw holes? 23.5MY 90 D250 X-Dynamic SE, Pangea Green
Gone - 23MY 110 D250 XS Edition, Hakuba Silver
Gone - 21MY 90 D200 S, Tasman Blue, Fuji White roof.
Post #993465 21st May 2023 8:47am
AmL

Thanks Tim, I've seen the PowerfulUK video for the 110 panel removal but can't find anything for the 90. I'd like to remove both the outer square panel and the internal storage rack (on a 90) but can't find anything which shows if there are holes in the glass/trim, or if both parts are just bonded to the glass. If just bonded, I'll do it but if also mechanical fixings, probably won't.
Post #993499 21st May 2023 1:09pm
J77

Scotland 
Looks like there’s two holes

Click image to enlarge
 23.5MY 90 D250 X-Dynamic SE, Pangea Green
Gone - 23MY 110 D250 XS Edition, Hakuba Silver
Gone - 21MY 90 D200 S, Tasman Blue, Fuji White roof.
Post #993515 21st May 2023 3:13pm
Defendit..

Netherlands 
Not only holes..

Click image to enlarge
 No Mud flaps for my 90.!
-----------------------------------------
P300 S on air, adv.+ offroad pack, DRL+fog, Dinamica Suedecloth + Ebony headliner/Cross Beam- Many Mods..
Post #993559 21st May 2023 7:56pm
AmL

Thanks all. Was hoping I was only dealing with adhesive and removal would be straightforward but if there are holes in the glass, I’ll probably have to live with them.
Post #993583 22nd May 2023 8:05am
Tim in Scotland

IIRC PowerfulUK sells blanking pieces for the holes Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #993602 22nd May 2023 10:52am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1