↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > A/C Screen not displaying temperature
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Notimetodie

A/C Screen not displaying temperature
Hello! I have a 2022 110 Defender and i’m having problem with my AC screen display ( the two circular buttons which shows the temperature). The buttons do not display the temperature it’s like a blank screen but they are working only display problem. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue and how would they solve it?
thanks it advance
https://www.defender2.net/gallery/albums/u...5D2E5.jpeg
Post #993153 18th May 2023 3:14pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
No issues with mine, have you tried a reset of the media system?
Post #993181 18th May 2023 6:02pm
Tim in Scotland

Not sure if this will work but is in effect performing the old Windows Computer OS reboot - switch off the car, double lock it , leave it for 20 minutes to enter sleep mode then unlock and restart the car and see if the displays come back to life again. If not I suspect you might have to take the car into the dealership with a warranty claim. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #993193 18th May 2023 6:57pm
Notimetodie

lightning wrote:
No issues with mine, have you tried a reset of the media system?

Yes tried it a couple of times didn’t work
Post #993230 19th May 2023 5:59am
Notimetodie

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Not sure if this will work but is in effect performing the old Windows Computer OS reboot - switch off the car, double lock it , leave it for 20 minutes to enter sleep mode then unlock and restart the car and see if the displays come back to life again. If not I suspect you might have to take the car into the dealership with a warranty claim.

Hey thanks for the reply will try this! Do you mean the power button screen restart btw ? Also the a/c screen started to work all of a sudden but this happend before too.
Post #993231 19th May 2023 6:01am
XplusYplusZ

I might be wrong, but I think the dials stop showing the temp if you turn the AC off. I think I remember something like this happening ages ago and it was as simple as me accidentally pressing the A/C button..

:: update :: Turn off AC and then turn down the manual fan speed to 0. This results in an almost blank screen, with just some small icons at the bottom saying 'push'.

Last edited by XplusYplusZ on 25th May 2023 1:58pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #993293 19th May 2023 3:12pm
Tim in Scotland

Notimetodie wrote:
Tim in Scotland wrote:
Not sure if this will work but is in effect performing the old Windows Computer OS reboot - switch off the car, double lock it , leave it for 20 minutes to enter sleep mode then unlock and restart the car and see if the displays come back to life again. If not I suspect you might have to take the car into the dealership with a warranty claim.

Hey thanks for the reply will try this! Do you mean the power button screen restart btw ? Also the a/c screen started to work all of a sudden but this happend before too.

No I mean switch off the ignition, double lock it, leave the car to go into sleep mode for 20 minutes then unlock and restart.
Having seen XplysYplusZ’s reply I would try that first - you can leave the aircon on all the time and just adjust the desired temperature. Modern AC hardly takes any power off the electrical or mechanical systems these days and it has the added bonus that it will cut out when the set temperature is reached and then cycle on and off. Running it in wet weather when you get in with damp coats or dogs will also set the humidity sensor going and it will dehumidify the interior which is also great for your electronics inside the car. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #993306 19th May 2023 4:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1