↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > INEOS Grenadier > Anyone taken delivery yet?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
Didster

United Kingdom 2001 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Oslo Blue
Sorry, Feb '22. Still hasn't arrived.

"next week" apparently..... Various...
Post #991805 8th May 2023 8:37am
Mr Fox

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
lightning wrote:
Didster wrote:
I have been advised mine should be arriving at the dealer tomorrow.
Signed contract in Feb and got asked for balance payment last week.

Was that February 2023? l thought there was a 12 month waiting list.

Speaking to dealers there are both cancelled orders that can be purchased now, and are unregistered, or I was told factory built cars, to your spec, can be had within four months (this was as of July 23).

Spoke to an owner yesterday and they were on the fence - Trailmaster, nicely specced. They were not keen on the interior and the feeling was that they felt it was less plush than they had hoped (probably unfairly so given the niche the vehicle is trying to fill) and also found the steering vague and the turn circle frustrating. The parting comment was, if I don't like it, I can flip it but given the prices on Autotrader, I am not sure the market is a buoyant as people felt it may be. With a four month wait, I'd rather have one built to my own spec and go that route.

Given the wait times for Defender Commerical and the fact the Grenadier has a Station Wagon Commercial (where as the Def 110 is a 2/3 seater), I would have thought this was a lucrative niche.

Would love to hear how owners are getting on with them?
Post #998884 6th Jul 2023 1:23pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
lt is funny, people whinge that the new Defender is "too posh" and not like the old Defender etc

Then, someone produces a vehicle that IS like the old Defender, but better made and up to date....people order one and then complain that the interior "isn't as plush as they expected" and the "turning circle is too large and the steering is a bit vague"

Well, there's always the new Defender, for those who like the sentiment of an "adventure vehicle" but don't want the compromises that a proper adventure vehicle comes with.

This happened with the old Defender. When production was due to end, loads of people chopped in their modern vehicles for a Defender XS in black, often from an aftermarket supplier complete with fancy wheels and a roof rack, a snorkel, and the interior covered in quilted sh*t.

And then six months down the line they were all on Autotrader with 2,000 miles on the clock "the wife won't drive it" or "it's uncomfortable for longer journeys"
Post #999224 8th Jul 2023 4:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345