↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Td5 > TD5 CSW Seatbelt options
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
doruk1981

Switzerland 2002 Defender 110 Td5 SW Coniston Green
TD5 CSW Seatbelt options
My refurb is finally on the final stretches and the attention is tilting towards the interior now.
As the previous owner used only one rear seat, the belt situation is a bit confusing in my 110 CSW. I am therefore looking to get a new kit. As I'll also replace the seats with the exmoor premium high seats (ideally: Premium High Back Seats - Full Set Car Denim) i'm wondering if the stock belts are ok to source.

The outer ones are straight forward but the center one confuses me a bit. Does someone have the right parts number for the center seat belt? I checked the LRworkshop diagrams and there are 4 different types noted.

Also, on LRparts I saw many kits but they are all Puma specific it seems. Is there a kit available that fits with the TD5s? would make the purchasing part much more hussle free...

thanks for sharing your wisdom

D. Td5 110 Station
Post #991395 4th May 2023 10:31am
TexasRover

France 2002 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Chawton White
I might be mistaken but I believe the Td5 center seatbelts are lap belts (2 point), manually adjusted (static) only. They are bolted to the floor strengthened structure together with the latches for each side, so total of 4 attachments coming from 2 mounting points.

To have 3 point seatbelts in the middle I would think you require the middle seat to have the shoulder belt part (and associated strenght) as the there is no roof/frame attachment as far as I know. Probably that is what they did on the Puma as it have a significant anchor point for the seats in the floor.
Post #991397 4th May 2023 10:58am
TexasRover

France 2002 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Chawton White
If I wanted to replace my (a bit ropy) seat belts at the back I would buy:

2x anchor point MXC7264
2x second row buckle MXC5521
1x center second row seat belt MXC5497 (says Series, but looks just like what I have.

The above would get you a detachable set, the factory set does not have the hook, instead the anchor point attachment is fixed.
Post #991399 4th May 2023 11:07am
Penfold_6290

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Epsom Green
The Exmoor Trim Premium High Back seats are great but they sit higher than the standard 60:40 bench seat. Not an issue for the outer seat belts as the floor mounted buckle ends are just about long enough but the middle lap belt isn't long enough to secure an adult comfortably. I bought a seat belt extender from ebay which clicks into the buckle end and provides approx 12 inches of additional length.

A word to the wise, although it should be obvious. Fit the centre seat first after having measured at least twice to get it perfectly central. Then test fit the outer seats to get the right amount of space between them. You will need an assistant to hold bolts steady inside while you fasten nuts from underneath and if I were to do it again I'd ditch the fasteners that ET provide and use stainless nuts, bolts and washers. Also the seats fit to their bases with socket cap bolts (i.e. Allen headed bolts). They're a proper pain to fit and secure because the of the limited space between the seats to get the Allen key on. Better to use normal hex headed bolts because you can get a 13mm spanner on them.

Click image to enlarge
Post #991589 5th May 2023 5:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1