↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics > Britpart DA5717 heated seat loom question! - anyone help?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Will.I.AM

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 130 Td5 HCPU Kaikoura Stone
Britpart DA5717 heated seat loom question! - anyone help?
My defender came with the Britpart DA5717 heated seat kit in it and i want to change it back to the original landrover switches and have brought an original loom.

My question is, has anyone wired straight into the heated seat pads or would that be risky given that the DA5717 kit has a two stage power setting for mid and full heat? - I am presuming that if i was to fuse the feed to the heated seat switch at 3amps then they could never run at a level higher than what the switch is rated for and that the seat pads (as per orignial ones) only runs at just under 3 amps anyway.

I have done some googling and someone has asked this on the forums.lr4x4 .com but there was nothing decisive on it other than one guy saying that he ran some aftermarket head pads straight from a some carling switches without any issues.

Any help would be greataly appreciated.
Post #990245 25th Apr 2023 7:39am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Well I have this setup in Miffy.

The safest way to do this is to wire the switch through a relay to activate the heated seat kit. Then there will be almost no current running through the switch. This is how I have wired Miffys heated seats up.

There are two ways to incorporate the LR switch. The first is directly through a relay whilst retaining the two stage switch currently in the kit. The second is to rewire the loom so there is only the LR switch and only one temperature. The former is the easiest way if the kit has already been installed and wired up. The latter requires you to make up a loom so the seat pads are only in parallel.

Which ever route you take include a relay to protect the relay and it will be A-OK.
Post #990249 25th Apr 2023 8:04am
Will.I.AM

that is very interesting, thanks for replying on this one. If i am to wire up the land rover switches to feed the DA5717 kit say in high temp heat only, do you know when feed wires i need to wire into on the heated seat kit ?

or if I am to do the latter, i presume could i not just join the switched live feed to the single wire that feeds both the heat pads ?
Post #990250 25th Apr 2023 8:10am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rallysteve

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Keswick Green
I used the Waeco kit which is probably the same as the Britpart one. I just wired up the 'high' power setting and used the OEM switches with some relays.

You should be able to work out which wires to use without too much hassle as in low power mode they are connected in series and in high power they are connected in parallel.

Cheers,
Steve 02' 110 TD5 Double Cab Rebuild Thread
84' 90 3.9 V8 Caged Pickup Build Thread

Mobile Diesel Heater Build Thread
Post #990253 25th Apr 2023 8:47am
Will.I.AM

lovely thanks Steve, that helps. I will have a look and check which is the live feed for the high setting and go from there.

again thanks
Post #990254 25th Apr 2023 8:55am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1