↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Australia & New Zealand > Dealer delivery fee
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Sgtb_au

Australia 
Dealer delivery fee
Dear fellow Aussies, I’ve recently put an order for 110 with my local dealer. Not buying a new car for a while, soon I realised that dealers are in competition and I should have shopped around (that’s ridiculous, isn’t it?). The local dealer told me the dealer delivery fee in the online price is very low and somehow outdated for today’s costs and that’s why the quote is few grands above the online price. I now know that at least a couple of other dealers are happy to match the online price. I’ve paid $3k for deposit. The online price is about $2.5k less so if I terminate and lose my deposit, I will be at net loss. Do I have any leverage against the dealer to push him to reduce the quote without terminating it or I should suck it up and pay the price of my naivety? TIA
Post #988420 10th Apr 2023 12:46am
Retroanaconda

Scotland 
Why would you lose your deposit?
Post #988430 10th Apr 2023 7:45am
Clemmo

England 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
Maybe its different in Australia?

but I agree with above.

Here in UK you can get your deposit back right up to the day you see and collect the vehicle...no charges

Clemmo Make today a little better than yesterday but not so good as tomorrow....
Defender 90 HT............Pangea Green
BMW X3 Msport............Carbon Black
Mini Electric................Grey. (wow!)
MGB Roadster……..........Vermillion
Honda Benly CD200....Maroon ------------- Chausson 98.........7.5m of fun
Post #988435 10th Apr 2023 8:01am
zilch

Australia 
Re: Dealer delivery fee
Sgtb_au wrote:
Dear fellow Aussies, I’ve recently put an order for 110 with my local dealer. Not buying a new car for a while, soon I realised that dealers are in competition and I should have shopped around (that’s ridiculous, isn’t it?). The local dealer told me the dealer delivery fee in the online price is very low and somehow outdated for today’s costs and that’s why the quote is few grands above the online price. I now know that at least a couple of other dealers are happy to match the online price. I’ve paid $3k for deposit. The online price is about $2.5k less so if I terminate and lose my deposit, I will be at net loss. Do I have any leverage against the dealer to push him to reduce the quote without terminating it or I should suck it up and pay the price of my naivety? TIA

You may need to also factor in the potential price increase based upon the prolonged delivery times
for Oz (up to and in excess of 12 months in some cases), been a few people hit with an additional 2-3k
raise in the final price nearer to delivery as vehicles get moved from one manufacturer year to another
and LR adjust the retail price.. see if you can get your dealer to guarantee cost.. yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #989341 18th Apr 2023 10:03am
shanelord

Australia 
Does anyone know any dealers in NSW that will respect the website pricing?
Post #1029708 29th Mar 2024 8:51am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1