Home > In Car Electronics > EKA code from ALM
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
miker916

Scotland 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
EKA code from ALM
Hi,

Can i use my GAP IID (G3) tool to get the EKA code from my black AS10 (ALM) module?
I didnt get the code when i bought the car

Cheers
Mike
Post #987735 3rd Apr 2023 11:11am
Ianh

United Kingdom 
If your alarm module is black then then it is either a CHxxxx or DHxxxx ALM module. The CH version uses the old style Lucas fobs, the DH version uses the Lear fobs with a chrome strip on the side.

Irrespective of which ALM module you have it’s software is different from the green Lucas 10AS.

The Nanocom has had a recent software update so it now supports the ALM module in addition to the 10AS module , albeit with a few bugs that needed correction, and a potential few more. As far as I know it has only been tested with the CH version.

As to whether the GAP diagnostics IIDTool supports the ALM modules in addition to the Lucas 10AS I think you should contact them directly.

In the mean time you can request your EKA code from a dealer, you will need some docs I.e V5 to do so but they can provide it on request.
Post #987843 4th Apr 2023 12:25am
miker916

Scotland 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
yep my unit was the latest black box ALM with serial number starting with DH and the fobs with the metal strip.

I spoke to GAP and the short answer is yes, you can use your IID tool to retrieve the EKA code from your 10AS/ALM unit - no matter which version you have.
GAP will give you a new firmware version to temporarily update your GAP tool with then describe the procedure to get the code off your 10AS/ALM. The procedure is different depending on which version of the unit you have.
Now have my EKA code without any hassle trying to get it from dealers.
Post #987910 4th Apr 2023 4:41pm
Ianh

United Kingdom 
That’s a good result. Given you have a 2.4 your original alarm unit must have been replaced at some time around 2014 or later as that’s when the DH ALM came out and was used as the replacement for faulty 10AS units and CH version ALM units.
Post #988059 5th Apr 2023 7:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1