Home > My Defender > White 110 Hardtop
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Hedwig

England 
White 110 Hardtop
Hi All,

Thought I'd introduce myself, recently entered Defender ownership with a Puma 110 Hardtop. Plans are eventually to use as a bit of an overlander/camper. But for now just spending some time with it getting to know it and upgrading bits here and there to add some creature comforts. I can see that there is a wealth of knowledge on here and I'm sure I will learn plenty from this site, so thought I would try and contribute by sharing some of the stuff we manage t complete on here.

First steps we're to add some sound insulation to the rear loadspace.

Some pics of the loadspace:

Before

Click image to enlarge

Silent coat 2mm deadening

Click image to enlarge

Followed by silent coat isolator 6

Click image to enlarge
Post #943165 20th Feb 2022 3:04pm
Hedwig

England 
One of the next jobs to complete, was the double din install, seems there are mixed opinions on doing this but for me, it was a must have as I have no sense of direction and need google maps! I went with the TMD tuning kit, it seemed ok although a bit flimsy, when compared to the original. Also the tabs on the new switch panel we're pretty useless so that ended up getting bonded in place.

Before

Click image to enlarge

After

Click image to enlarge

As you've probably noticed there's a bunch of wires at the bottom of the dash, these are fr a slim line sub which I'll add at a later date.

For anybody else planning to do this, if you have a base spec model like mine, no switches needed extending. just a bit of unwrapping of the harness, then re wrapping individually to allow for a bit of slack.
Post #943166 20th Feb 2022 3:09pm
Hedwig

England 
and as I've just realised I haven't actually put a pic of the truck from the outside, here's one from a couple of weeks ago when it was a bit drier...

Click image to enlarge
Post #943167 20th Feb 2022 3:14pm
90 Dreamer

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Looks like a great base, best of luck
Post #943168 20th Feb 2022 3:33pm
gcc130

Looking good, we like our white camper😊

Click image to enlarge
Post #943171 20th Feb 2022 3:51pm
Tompoole

England 2004 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Java Black
looks good blank cavas ..... these 110 Commercial camper conversions are getting popular Have fun be happy
Post #943185 20th Feb 2022 5:31pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
L110CDL

England 
Welcome with a great 110 to start your adventure Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #943360 21st Feb 2022 8:27pm
Hedwig

England 
Thank you all for the kind words. As it's been a while I thought I best get back on here and do some updates on things done and what we've been up to.

Decided it was time to change the wheel and improve security so Moto-Lita wheel and optimill swivel lock now on along with Ardcase.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #987480 31st Mar 2023 6:34pm
Hedwig

England 
Another Job was to get the sub wired in after fitting the double din unit earlier in the year. Went for one fo the Mudstuff sub lockers, great bit of kit actually as the armrest is conderably more usable with the cubby that bit higher and it puts the sub in a good location for doing it's thing!.

Chequer plate for the wings got fitted, a divisive subject, I know, but for us it's partly aesthetic partly functional. This is it fitted following a lanes trip in the dales with Black Landy tours (highly recommend.)

We also a little earlier than expected also got a roof top tent after discovering that arctic trucks were selling off their display stock ahead of the launch of the model. Couple of pics below of our first trip away with it last May.

Post #987481 31st Mar 2023 6:41pm
Hedwig

England 
At some point last year, can't remember when, there was an open day at Flatdog which included some discounts, so we made the trip up and got a flatdog rax fitted along with some LED lights.

Had another trip away camping

Then while doing some more off-roading, this time the circuit the Stoneleigh Land Rover show, we lost one of our side steps, which seemed a good enough excuse to get some rock sliders!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Then more recently we decided to fit some rear work lights for camping trips etc, and you may also spot in the photo addition of the ORE wheel carrier, which is 'reassuringly expensive; but also seems to be reasonably well made. The wheel carrier was purchased ue to an annoying rattle of the tailgate which seemed to be getting worse. It did get better with the wheel carrier, but it was the optimill hinges that made the difference, wow they have made it silent! Only fitted the middle and top so far as I'll need to slacken off the wheel carrier and grind away some of the bottom hinge to make it fit, so leaving that for another day.

Click image to enlarge
Post #987482 31st Mar 2023 6:55pm
Hedwig

England 
Most recent job was sorting out the seats, these were rather tired especially the drivers side, so decided to take advantage of an offer this month and get the puma upgrade trim kit from Exmoor.

The job isn't particularly difficult, but does require an extra pair of hands at times and the instructions could be better...assuming they send you the correct ones...

Also need to buy more cable ties as they don't supply enough, but it's worth it in the end.

Click image to enlarge

Cubby box will be re-trimmed at some point as well.
Post #987484 31st Mar 2023 6:59pm
Hedwig

England 
Some further updates, one item we've recently decided to add, a steering guard, both for a bit of protection and also for the aesthetic. We went for the one from Bison Auto Design, the brackets could be made of thicker material to be honest, but the guard itself seems to be reasonably robust.

Click image to enlarge

Yep Front bumper needs sorting!
Post #1001901 26th Jul 2023 7:28pm
Hedwig

England 
Something else we've had on the list for a while was to get some blind spot windows fitted, a bit more light in the back and also simply to be able to see what's in our blind spot a little better!

Attempting to position correctly

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

The cutting part was rather nerve wracking!

Click image to enlarge

Finished result, reasonably happy with thee job

Click image to enlarge
Post #1001903 26th Jul 2023 7:34pm
Hedwig

England 
Next job on the list was to make some changes in the rear, the vehicle has been used as a van a lot recently, but that requirement is tailing off a bit now. So having done a few camps and decided how we think we'd like to changes things a bit we decided to build up some storage in the back.

It's a bit basic at the moment but that's intentional, the plan is to use it like this for a bit see how we like it and then build on this. If we don't like it want to make changes, as it's basic I won't mind if we scrap it off and start again. Gives us the chance to try a few different layouts.

One of the other reasons for doing things way we have is that the previous set up didn't really offer any sleeping option inside, only the roof tent, after having been caught out by some 50mph+ winds while away we decided have this option would be advantageous.

There's 3 sections, each one sized to take a 'wolf' box so that these can be packed up and thrown straight in, then pulled out as required. and then there's some shallow storage over the wheel arch as well

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #1001904 26th Jul 2023 7:41pm
Hedwig

England 
While we we're at it we decided to fit the front runner drop down tailgate as well as a rear door stay, both of which are an awesome addition! I was probably most impressed by the difference the rear door stay makes, wished I'd done that a lot sooner...

We did while doing this remove the rear wiper, but have retained the high mounted brake light and the heated rear screen.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #1001907 26th Jul 2023 7:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>