↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My New Defender (L663) > It’s home
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

It’s home
Collected at 5pm 7 miles on the odo……………
It’s quite different to drive than the D240 110 - ride is nice on air but it doesn’t feel as planted as the 110 also the MHEV system is like driving my BEV Mini - the regen back to the battery is quite noticable and powerful and feels almost like it could be in the Mini’s one pedal driving mode!. It’s tipping down with rain here so I’ll take interior photos and the IDD screen in detail tomorrow. The IDD screen really very nice and is a one piece screen between the two dials but is very nicely integrated

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Also from the JLR web shop the Almost Real 1/18th model arrived after a 24 hour wait and by DHL its £100 cheaper to buy via JLR too and is proudly sitting next to the 110 model on my bookcase

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #986692 24th Mar 2023 7:08pm
Nuclear Nick

United Kingdom 
Really nice Tim. I prefer not having privacy glass.

The analogue dash looks better in the flesh than photos for some reason.

Air gives more options but I understand it may feel less direct to some.

Enjoy the new car!
Post #986702 24th Mar 2023 8:41pm
J77

Scotland 
Looks good Tim. Have you filled the boot yet Laughing 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #986704 24th Mar 2023 8:43pm
Tim in Scotland

I still don’t like the bigger Pivi Pro screen, the screen is bigger but what you see doesn’t appear to be wider just taller. It also has much less space behind it than the integrated smaller screen. Also noticed that the USB C socket ontop of the dash next to the screen no longer has a cover on it (in my 110 it was a USB A socket too)
I’ve already put the PowerfulUK own label rubber boot mat in, I might have to cut up the rubber mat from either my last Evoque or the L494 RRS and stick it onto the boot side of the rear seats so stuff doesn’t slide around when the seat backs are folded. I have also bought the PowerfulUK rear bumper protector - the one that overlaps the edges slightly - but might leave it off as I never had scratching problems with the 110’s bumper and now I don’t any boot to speak off there won’t be any hefty tip runs to do!
The car is booked in at the detailers for Expel clear gloss PPF to be added on the front, the bonnet and both sides up to the rear window line during the 2nd week of April - after it’s first off-road drive on 2nd April.
I’ve already got into the car to be greeted with gongs to tell me that the tailgate isn’t properly closed…….. too used to having the soft close that was on the 110……… Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #986714 24th Mar 2023 10:27pm
WizzardPrang

England 
Looks great. +1 for the clear glass. Thumbs Up Current vehicle: 2020 Defender 110S
Gone: Defender 90 HT 200Tdi, Discovery Sport, Freelander 2

Insta: wizzardprang
Post #986715 24th Mar 2023 10:29pm
Tim in Scotland

I’m actually OK with the clear glass now but the privacy is paid for and I like LR’s heavy tint as it hides stuff in the back really well but the view out is as if there is no tint. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #986716 24th Mar 2023 10:31pm
Moo

Ukraine 
Nice colour combo. I think the 90 is proportionally very nice.

Curious about your comments re the MHEV. I’ve not noticed it at all.
Post #986720 25th Mar 2023 12:40am
haymeister

Japan 
Congratulations, very nice! I would love the 90 but perhaps after the kids have left the nest.
Those are models are cute! 22MY Defender 110 D300 S in Pangea Green and Contrast White Roof
IG defender_japan "Hulk san"
Post #986726 25th Mar 2023 3:27am
Tim in Scotland

The models are made by Almost Real - I got the 110 from Almost Real via their store on Alibaba and the 90 is made by Almost Real but I bought from the JLR webstore and the price included free next day delivery by DHL, I haven’t fitted the expedition roof rack or the front A frame style bull bar thingy but they both have the RAI which mine doesn’t have. 1/18 scale and amazing detail.
https://shop.landrover.co.uk/defender-90-s...ngea-green

Or for the full range of models (no 130 yet!)
https://shop.landrover.co.uk/defender/the-...ale-models Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
Post #986727 25th Mar 2023 6:06am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1