Home > In Car Electronics (L663) > LR dascam
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
whiterdesign

United Kingdom 
LR dascam
Any body out there who can answer this question who has a LR Dashcam
Someone on one of the Facebook groups was asking how you can view and save dashcam videos to a phone. I answered that you download the video from the dashcam to the app where you can view the front and rear videos. This also creates a file called dashcam, on an iPhone at least, guess the same on android. The problem is that the video saved on the phone only shows the front camera not the rear. So the question is how can you save the rear camera video so that this can be sent by email etc as evidence. The app does not allow you to do this. 110 XS 250 MY 23 Gondwana Stone, Cold climate pack and towbar
Post #986062 19th Mar 2023 12:04am
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
As far as I can remember, you can use an app like VLC to open the saved clip, then go to video>video track and you will be able to view tracks one and two, the rear camera is on the second track Thumbs Up Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #986063 19th Mar 2023 1:02am
whiterdesign

United Kingdom 
Hairy Dan thanks for your suggestion but can't seem to get it to work.the only reference to a track is on the audio side of it and that only shows track 1 Its probably me I haven't played with VLC for a long time 110 XS 250 MY 23 Gondwana Stone, Cold climate pack and towbar
Post #986109 19th Mar 2023 6:39pm
whiterdesign

United Kingdom 
No sooner had I sent the last message , I got it to work,basically how you said. Don’t seem to be able to do it using the IOS app but works on my Mac. Thanks for that 110 XS 250 MY 23 Gondwana Stone, Cold climate pack and towbar
Post #986110 19th Mar 2023 6:51pm
martinf

United Kingdom 
When I open a Downloaded recording in the LR app there are two dots below the video. And there are the words "Front camera" and to the right "Rear camera". By swiping left from the front camera you get access to the video from the rear camera. So it is all there on the iPhone.

Downloading a tedious business which I achieved by connecting my iPhone to my Mac.
Post #986111 19th Mar 2023 7:02pm
whiterdesign

United Kingdom 
Martin,you are correct, but that's in the LR app .you can't do anything with that video if you wanted to send that video to someone as evidence you cant. the app does create a file called Dashcam where the video is saved but thats where the problem starts .if you play the video from that file you only see the front dash cam recording. Thats the question i was asking. thanks to Hairy Dan he suggested using VLC which enables you to see both of the tracks.the only problem i have still got is how to save these as 2 separate tracks 110 XS 250 MY 23 Gondwana Stone, Cold climate pack and towbar
Post #986112 19th Mar 2023 7:12pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
Sorry, I should have mentioned I'm using vlc on my mac, I can't do it on the phone, at my age the screen is too small Laughing I will say that the Land Rover Dashcam is probably one of the worst I've seen with regard to viewing the feed from the rear camera on anything other than my mac Evil or Very Mad The only way I can see how to 'split' the file is to play track 2 and screen record the window using Quicktime, probably not the best way to do it but that is the only way I know how to at the moment and it is a really crap way of doing it Confused Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #986115 19th Mar 2023 7:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1