↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > 1989 110 CSW 200tdi
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
White roofs do need white rims and black rims do get lost in the tyre. Brooklyn produce some lovely vehicles but they're wrong on this detail Laughing Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #894690 29th Mar 2021 2:59pm
wrcarter

Ireland 1989 Defender 110 200 Tdi CSW Portofino Red
I kind of agree on the rims getting lost in the tyre. Writing on the tyre helps a bit as it’s not a sea of black. I painted a silver lip on a set I did a few years ago for my 318iS

Click image to enlarge

I’m thinking of changing them too though as I picked up some ronals over the winter. 😂

I have some white left over from doing my wife’s s spokes in white. The mini is now sold so there might be enough for one rim to give me an idea.

Or just put the spare on Rolling Eyes 1989 Land Rover 110 CSW
Post #894704 29th Mar 2021 3:55pm
wrcarter

A bit more work done over the weekend.

The socket mount, socket and slider were all missing so I replaced them with some new parts.

Next the spring had failed in the original lock so off with the old and one with the new

Click image to enlarge

Followed by a spin into Tesco

Click image to enlarge
 1989 Land Rover 110 CSW
Post #896284 6th Apr 2021 6:13pm
wrcarter

A few weeks ago I had the pipe to the heater matrix fail so I thought it would be a good idea to refresh some of the cooling system. The pipes seemed crunchy so I decided to replace them all along with a new rad as there seemed to be some oil in the coolant. While I had everything apart I decided to change timing belt and water pump. Strangely the first time I changed a timing belt. All my cars up to now have had chains. It’s nice to be able to say I’ve change one. It looked fairly clean in there compared to some of the pictures I saw online.

Click image to enlarge

Then I realised that the two pipes for the heater matrix were the one for the straight rather than 90 degree ones. So a job for another day. The temp fix should last a bit longer.

Then took it with the family to a local castle for a walk. Spotted a new defender. Rare to see one in Ireland.

Click image to enlarge

Tried to tow an A6 with an A frame but for some reason, the wheels on the Audi wouldn’t follow the 110. First time I got to test the new tow bar. Worked flawlessly for the 4 car lengths it moved. Laughing 1989 Land Rover 110 CSW
Post #901116 2nd May 2021 9:42pm
wrcarter

The gearknob was getting loose and starting to annoy me. I spotted this trick online. Heated up a 3/4 nut and bolt in the stove. Pressed this into the gear knob in the vice. Simple trick but worked a treat.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 1989 Land Rover 110 CSW

Last edited by wrcarter on 18th Feb 2023 7:06am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #982862 18th Feb 2023 6:53am
Screbble

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
wrcarter wrote:
The gearknob was getting loose and starting to annoy me. I spotted this trick online. Heated up a 3/4 nut and bolt in the stove. Pressed this into the gear knob in the vice. Simple trick but worked a treat.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Now that IS a simple but effective trick 👍👍
Post #982869 18th Feb 2023 9:04am
kenzle8a

LandRoverAnorak wrote:
White roofs do need white rims and black rims do get lost in the tyre. Brooklyn produce some lovely vehicles but they're wrong on this detail Laughing

The white ANR's just suit any Landy, nicer than the Wolfs.

With most of these places like Brooklyn It's just decent photography shows what is in essence just a very well painted standard Land Rover.

The reason most of our cars don't and won't look like that is they are all used, have lived a life and don't have a couple of grands worth of decent lighting kit following them around for each photo.

I wouldn't call what they do revolutionary, just well executed. Theres very few of the aftermarket Land Rover companies that actually do anything of note in terms of real creation. Covering the inside in leather is IMO a massive waste of time on a Landy.

The one I did love was the series 3 Outlander did with the red mohair seats, I quite like some of their work but it wouldn't be practical for someone like to to try and live with a truck that needs to be kept clean as mine actually does get hosed out.
Post #982897 18th Feb 2023 12:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12