↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Other Site Sponsors > Paddocks?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
ngins

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Corris Grey
Just thought I would add that I had some questions and used their WhatsApp chat today. Very responsive and great help!
Post #980869 1st Feb 2023 9:47pm
HardCharger

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
I recently bought a new rear left side door latch to replace the one that now does not work. I had to take the door card out and fiddle around to get the latch to open.

Upon installing the new part, I noticed that the arm that opens the latch does not fully release when using the outside door button no matter how I adjusted it. Works fine when using the inside door opener handle though. I reckon defective part.

I contacted them and they were apparently coordinating with All-Makes, who made the part, to see what can be done. A week's worth of back and forth plus me sending videos to illustrate what's wrong. They claimed not to have audio at work to understand the videos so I wrote everything down in detail. Still no response from All-Makes, according the them. Then I get an email stating that since they are not hearing back from All-Makes, they will refund my money. I asked them to send a new part instead. Silence. I get an email yesterday saying they are refunding the money.

While not a total loss for me, I really would've appreciated it if they sent a new part instead. I went with them because their prices were competitive. A few of my friends were saying they were difficult to coordinate with for some reason.

Since I still need a new latch, will try LR Direct this time. Even if their prices are slightly higher than Paddocks, they haven't failed me... yet. Whistle

Since All-Makes doesn't seem to be a responsive supplier, my only options now are Britpart Shocked or original Land Rover which wants a few month's worth of pay for the latch even before shipping. Which one should I go for in this case? Question
Post #981055 3rd Feb 2023 2:35am
Retroanaconda

Scotland 
Door latches are one of those parts where genuine LR is the only sensible option - the aftermarket ones are rubbish.
Post #981065 3rd Feb 2023 8:59am
HardCharger

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
Thanks, Retroanaconda.

Genuine LR it is Thumbs Up
Post #981434 6th Feb 2023 4:33am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345